Aftermath

venus in furs

Kris wakes up on the floor of the bathroom, with a pounding headache and a bad case of cotton mouth. He remembers smoking with Chanyeol, Tao, Jongin and Minseok right at the start of the party, and then drinking a ton of jungle juice. After that he "reconnected" (and by reconnection he means ing in the kitchen pantry) with a girl from elementary school who had gotten a lot hotter since he'd last seen her (unsurprisingly so, as he was crossfaded and she was wearing a croptop that barely qualified as a shirt).

He vaguely remembers when Yixing and Luhan brought the jungle juice, specially made with some Chinese tropical fruit drink and everclear, carried in in an actual ing trash can (earning a low whistle and a "that's so ed" from Chanyeol and Jongdae upon sight of its majesty). He also vaguely remembers downing an entire mason jar of it (it would explain his currently brain splitting headache) and then eating an edible (that plus the weed earlier would explain why his mouth was drier than the actual Sahara desert). 

Either way he wakes up to his ringtone blaring " IM SIPPING TEA IN YOUR HOOD WHAT THE IS UP!" (Xxxtentacion was always a favorite of Chanyeol's), signaling that Chanyeol was trying to call him. This was a rare occurrence as one, Chanyeol was a man of few words, two, Chanyeol generally despised technology and three, Chanyeol still had a flip phone from the ing nineties. 

"WHAT?" He bellows over the phone, still a little drunk had very much out of it.

"Kris we have a bit of an emergency over here." Chanyeol drawls as he does most of the time, far too calm as for whatever horrible thing is most likely currently occurring. 

"What kind?" Kris groaned, sitting up. The floormat was so comfortable, but he had more important things than to appreciate a bathroom floormat at four AM. 

Chanyeol pauses, and Kris thinks he can hear the teen shuffle and poke something. "Eh... some kid is lying face down over here. Think he might be dead or something." Chanyeol manages to say all of this nonchalantly. Kris is frankly impressed. 

"HOLY WHAT THE CHANYEOL? WHY DID YOU CALL ME?" Kris hollers, far more awake and sober now. 

"Cos you said that you could handle anything?" Chanyeol is audibly wincing. 

"NOT DEATH. WHY DIDNT YOU CALL 911 FIRST?" Kris yells, still on the phone as he bursts out of the bathroom. He runs down the hallway, finally coming into the mainroom where there is a semi-circle of kids all around a body, lying face down on the carpet. He can spot some recognizable faces; a few girls he's had class with, Chanyeol, Kim Hanbin from his art II class and Woosung, Hanbin's boyfriend and hype man. 

Chanyeol hangs up his phone and gulps nervously. Woosung looks at him, but Chanyeol is clammed up even more than usual, and Woosung decides he'll do the speaking "He just called 911. They're coming."

"Maybe he's asleep?" Chanyeol says hopefully, poking the body lightly with the tip of his combat boot and grimaces deeply. This is not the case. 

"Somehow I really doubt that." Kris says, looking down at the kid who was most likely dead. 

An ambulance and two cops (unfortunately not the fun nice ones that sold illicit substances, these were stern, worried cops who asked far too many questions) arrive near instantaneously. After a long, angry talk with the people still left at the house, and Chanyeol saying that he didn't know the kid, or that there were illegal substances there (Chanyeol was surprisingly sober), the cops leave, but not after saying that the party goers would be interviewed at a later date. 

"Oh man, this is so ed, we're so ed." Chanyeol groans, walking down the street with Kris. Chanyeol had near instantly rolled up a cigarette after the cops left, claiming to need "stress relief". 

"You think this'll get on our records? I'm eighteen, and , this could be bad." Kris asks, though he knows that Chanyeol doesn't have the answers. They continue their way from Kris's house, not wanting to be there any longer. 

Chanyeol pauses to take a drag of his cigarette and turn a corner. They had long since left Kris's nice part of town and were headed further east, more into the shady side where Chanyeol's family resided. " man, I don't know. Was the party even worth it? My girlfriend didn't even show." 

Kris sighed. "Well at least you have someone. I'm in' single. Can't even keep a girl through one party."

"Oh man, I could set you up with my stepsister. She's nineteen, Latino, and has a neck tattoo of a snake with the head of Jesus." Chanyeol grins, bumping Kris's arm. "Isn't that your type?"

"I thought your little stepbrother was the one with the neck tattoo." Kris says, looking at Chanyeol bemusedly. 

"Oh, Dante? The 13 year old one?" Chanyeol asks, but the question is purely rhetorical. "Yeah, he's the one with the neck tatt that says "TRU NIGGA", right next to an AK." 

Kris in a deep breath in horror, but unfortunately his last memory of going over to Chanyeol's was falsely positive. No matter the hour of the day, whether it be 4 AM or PM, at least two of Chanyeol's siblings were fighting. All of the information on Chanyeol's family Kris had was shoddy, pried from the younger teen at random intervals and all so abnormal that he couldn't be sure if the tall kid was lying. As far as he knew, Chanyeol's mother had died when he was seven, leaving behind Chanyeol, his older sister, and his little brother. Chanyeol's father remarried two years later to an excitable Colombian woman, with two children, and together they had two more. However, neither parent was either competent or present enough to guide all seven children, leading to a home situation that closely resembled lord of the flies. 

So as Kris walked in, he was a little less than surprised upon being accosted with the sight of thirteen year old Dante putting a fifteen year old Eunhyuk in a choke hold as the elder boy frantically kicked him in the thigh. It was a more uncommon sight for there to be peace in the park household than for someone to be taking a beating. 

"Boys, calm down and go to bed." Chanyeol said, making vaguely threatening motions at the two. "Kris, d'ya want coffee? It's gonna be a long night."

----

Everyone at the table in the all too familiar Home Depot shed is particularly groggier than usual, with Kris and Sehun being the frontrunners of it all. Sehun was also particularly hung over, having vomited in Jongin's car a record five times on the way there. Minseok looked surprisingly well rested, yet late to their six thirty AM meeting as he had to "drop a back off at her place, gotta be a good one night stand 'nam sayin'?"

"Can I say we're officially ed now?" Baekhyun whines, reclining in his seat. 

"Donbesuchajupeasimist." Yixing mumbles. He is half asleep and still a little drunk (and unfortunately, still smells like a vape shop). 

"What did he just say?" Jongdae asks groggily, still leaning vaguely on Tao, who appears to be actually, physically asleep. 

"A jupessamist." Sehun yawns. 

"That's not a word." Kyungsoo is indigent and enraged by everything. Not only is he far too hungover for this, but he did not get to hook up with a single girl at the party. 

"What he's trying to say is, you guys are being pessimists and you need to stop." Luhan says, taking his usual role as translator for Yixing, sipping his coffee. He is by far the most alert and together person at the table, which is surprising when not even twelve hours ago he was hopped up on jungle juice screaming "imma ready to straight fight a boy". 

"How can we not be when someone died, the cops are on our tail, and there was someone who was almost definitely a snitch at the party?" Chanyeol says, uncharacteristically. 

"A snitch?" Kris and Tao ask simultaneously, Zitao confused and Kris in horror. 

"Joonmyeon! That was up to no good!" Minseok roars, indignant and clearly rageful. 

"JOONMONEY!" Sehun wails. "I know him! He gave me a watch for my birthday!"

"But does he have any connections with the cops?" Kyungsoo asks, leaning closer to Sehun. The smell of Kyungsoo's cologne and old spice mixed together and Sehun, already nauseous, turns as green as the stripe in his hair. 

"Yeah, his dad wor--" Sehun sprints out of the room as fast as humanly possible, slamming the door open and blasting along the pavement. The sound of him vomiting onto the still cool morning tarmac is loud and abrasive, and rings in everyone's ears for far too long. A few wince, others look disgusted, and Jongin wonders what possibly could be left in his stomach after puking so many times in the car already. 

Joonmyeon, meanwhile was at home, with an ice pack on his face, talking to his dad. Even though he knows the cold on his face won't do much more than it already has for the bruise on his cheekbone and his black eye, he thinks it'll keep his dad feeling bad for him, which is always a hilarious thing. Joonmyeon's father, a devout Christian, tried to keep "emotionally neutral", which is a strange way to say that he was uncomfortable with anything besides anger and happiness. 

"Joonmyeon, you need to give me names, names, Joonmyeon. Give me the names of these kids, and we can have the biggest high school drug ring bust since '76!" Joonmyeon's dad says, surprisingly cheerful. Joonmyeon knows this will not last for long. It never lasts. 

Joonmyeon squints his undamaged eye in thought. He's never had a particularly sharp memory, and the lack of sleep, slight amount of alcohol (Joonmyeon was a world class lightweight at drinking) and punch to the face made everything muddled in his head. "Uh, Xiumin? Luhan? Chanyeol? Some guy named... uh... Kevin? A few others... JONGDAE!"

Sehun's father, Siwon, narrows his eyes in anger. "I need last names! Joonmyeon, there are at least twenty Jongdaes in the state!" Joonmyeon wants to say that he doesn't think that that name is that popular, but to say that would certainly earn him a slap, something he desperately doesn't want right now. 

So instead, Joonmyeon looks up at his surprisingly frustrated father with a face designed to conjure the most pity from the stern man possible. "I don't know! I really don't!" Siwon is still not pleased. Siwon is rarely ever pleased. Joonmyeon is completely and absolutely prepared for annihilation. 

Right before Joonmyeon's father is about to emit the loudest, most angry tirade a thirty something year old man can release, the soft slipping sound of his mother's house shoes enters the room. She is standing there, constantly cool, calm and collected expression blatant on her face. "Sweetheart, if he goes to your school, couldn't you look him up in the directory?"

However, this will not calm the rage deep in the heart of Joonmyeon's father. His eyes narrow to slits had his voice is cold and calculating. "There haven't been any directories since sixth grade, sweetheart."

Joonmyeon shifts around in the couch, wondering if now is the time where he should escape. Judging by the expression on his father's face, it is not at all that time. He needs a plan. Suddenly, an idea comes to him. "Uh, well dad, I could go to the next party, and get photos and names. Would that be good?"

This quickly dissipates his anger. Joonmyeon finds himself once again free, with his mother ignoring them again and his father no longer about to have an anger induced aneurism. 

----

Woosung, Hanbin and Chulgoo all find themselves in the back of the video store (with nothing to do their breaks have gone on for far too long) chatting about what had happened last night (for some, like Hanbin, the night was relatively tragic). It is also tragic that their group of there's designated meet up spot was where they already worked, the local shady film store, but when you live in a somewhat sleepy mid sized town, there's not much else. 

"That party was ing lit." Woosung says, wedged in between Hanbin and Chulgoo on a table crammed in the back of the already overly crowded film store. 

"Woosung, I swear to ing god if you say lit one more time, I will break up with you." Hanbin scowls. Hanbin's usual facial expression is a scowl. He is by default not a happy man. 

Meanwhile, Chulgoo remains silent, tapping on his phone. It isn't that he felt like a third wheel, or that he was angry at Hanbin or Woosung, it was that there were better things to do at the moment, like flirt with Minsik over text. Hanbin and Woosung are content to chat amongst themselves for a while, but Woosung, between both of them, is a nosy bastard. 

He leans over Chulgoo's phone, head with ever present hat obstructing the screen, even though Chulgoo highly doubts that Woosung can read any of it upside down and this close. Probably a good thing that he can't, Chulgoo thinks, wincing at the thought of Woosung reading through his texts, and quickly turns his phone off. 

"It's that guy from the party."

Hanbin smiles brightly. "Oh, Minsik? He's in my physics class." 

Woosung raises an eyebrow sky high at Chulgoo. "Minsik?"

Chulgoo nods, unsure of why Woosung has that tone of voice. He's known the other boy since fifth grade, and this was worrying. "Yeah, Minsik."

"Minsik like Minseok the senior, Minsik with glasses and and the bowl cut, or the Minsik on the thicker side?" Woosung asks. 

"Minsik that plays the bass." Hanbin and Chulgoo answer in unison. 

"So thicc Minsik." Woosung says and both Hanbin and Chulgoo wince at the same time. Woosung has always been overly harsh on other people's appearances, even when he, in Hanbin's words, looked like a pigeon. 

"Y'know, Woosung, he's not that overwei-" Hanbin is cut off by the ringtone of his phone. 

From: humpbaek whale
Please come to the police station ASAP. Bring Woosung

----

"Alright look, I don't know the kid. I don't know where he got from. I didn't know there was going to be drugs or alcohol, okay? I just came to DJ, not ruin someone's life." Kyungsoo says, putting on his best face of mock worry and horror. His voice sounds sappy and sad and if he wasn't in front of a police officer right now he would have been actually, physically disgusted with himself. 

The officer sighs and nods. The next kid in line goes up, being Chanyeol. The officer watches the tall teen walk towards him to sit down in a seat. Officer Siwon does not have a pleased look on his face upon seeing the lanky teenager. He had seen Chanyeol and all of his siblings extensively throughout his career, and figured that none of them were ever up to any good. 

"I'm guessing that you know why you're here?" Siwon asks. He has never had a good feeling about the Parks. 

"Because I attended a party where someone died?" Chanyeol asks, not even timidly. 

"Err, well yes. Woo Jiho died with identifiable amounts of alcohol, THC and MDMA in his bloodstream. Did you know about any of the alcohol or drug use at the party?"

Chanyeol whistles low, coming off as surprised. "Wow that's pretty hardcore. I mean yeah, someone probably brought a few beers, but nothing else. I stay away from that stuff, I really wouldn't know."

Siwon raises an eyebrow. "Really? With your family's reputation..."

Chanyeol raises his arms defensively. "Hey! I really don't! Just because my family has gone and done that doesn't mean I have. I saw how it ed with my parents, I'm not gonna go do that to myself."

Siwon sighed, Chanyeol's story slightly tugging at his heart strings. "Fine. Bring in Zitao."

Zitao enters the room slowly, trying to make himself seem as diminutive as possible. He had a plan, and that was to be the most innocent, sheltered exchange student in the world. He tried hard to make himself stutter and thicken his accent. "H-hello, officer." 

"Huang Zitao. It says here that you were present at the party." Siwon says. He is determined to wrangle information from someone here, completely convinced that somewhere there was the evidence to pull a huge drug bust. 

"I-I guess you could say that. I was jjust up in my room the whole time. Parties aren't really my thing." Zitao just hopes the stammer and and exaggerated Chinese accent make him seem a portrait of innocence. 

"But did you see anything go on? Drinking, drug use, anything?" Siwon asks, praying that something, someone would give and tell him about what was going on. He could not go off of Joonmyeon's evidence alone.

"No drugs s-sir. I just saw some people drinking s-soda and playing a few board games. It was a-actually pretty lame." Zitao says, looking down at his feet. He was trying his damned hardest not to smile or laugh, and can't help but think my theater teacher would be proud

Siwon sighs and cycles through more of the party goers, but not a single person says anything anywhere near incriminating. He sighs and runs his hand through his hair, realizing that this case was going nowhere, and unfortunately for him, would be shut in a few days, without a giant drug bust. 

The uniformness in their answers is cheeringly celebrated by Zitao's new friend group that night, hidden away up on the top deck of Kyungsoo's house. The short boy's parents were away, and he celebrated their success in evading Siwon's questions with a "classy" dinner consisting of wine pilfered from his parents and a small array of dishes somehow whipped together. It is the most relaxed Zitao has felt in months, sitting next to Jongdae, the shorter teenager laying an arm across his shoulder. 

Meanwhile, the dinner is anything but peaceful for Jongin. Having been reassured by Sehun about how the elder boy could still have feelings for him, he desperately spent the night trying to see if Kyungsoo really did care. Jongin had lost count of how many times he sighed internally when the shorter teen did not return his glances or react to his questions. It wasn't that he minded having a crush, but it being unreturned, him not being in control of the scenario, not being the confident one that angered him. He found himself not paying much attention to the conversation, even when Sehun brought up more ideas for trashcon. 

"Huh, trashcon, that's a good chance to hook up with Kyungsoo," Jongin thinks to himself. 

A/N
SORRY FOR BEING A WEEK LATE BUT I DIDNT HAVE WIFI FOR AN ACTUAL WEEK.