the ì makes it more lìt

venus in furs

Snapchat from: yBaek

Jongdae opens it to find a photo of Minsik and whatever guy he had found last night (Chulwoon? Hoonchul? Jongdae couldn't remember names to save his life) with hearts around it, captioned Minsik's hot new gf??. He quickly flips it to Chanyeol, who nearly crashes the car, laughing a maniacal laugh. 

"Mate, I'll bet you twenty bucks that they'll be dating before spring break ends." Chanyeol grins, turning quickly down a farm road. 

"Nah, Minsik's in' scared of everything. It's not gonna happen. I expect that twenty to be mine, 'Yeol." Jongdae quipped, leaning back even further in his seat. 

"What if it's in secret?" Kyungsoo asks from the back of the car, not even looking up from his phone. Jongdae's seat in front is pressing far too close for his liking, but saying anything would give his friend satisfaction. 

"Minsik can't keep a secret to save his life." Jongdae smiles, flicking through a photo album on his phone titled Minsik Doing Stupid Things. 

The car ride quickly becomes a roast session, with everything of Minsik's being called out, from the time he made himself a grill by spraypainting his retainer silver to the time his mom caught him vaping. However, the whole conversation was cut short as Chanyeol parked by an old beat up truck at a familiar farm field. 

"Boooooooys." A low, drawling Australian accent called out as soon as the teenagers stepped out of the vehicle. A tall boy, tan and in a tank top sporting a mop of hair and a can of beer in hand exited out of a trailer. Minhyuk, local college student was infamous for two things: being insanely Australian, and growing insane amounts of weed. Minhyuk didn't do much, but what he does do, he does in excess. 

"Minyuk, how goes it?" Chanyeol asks. He had always been the closest to Minhyuk, with his older brother having been friends with him. 

"Oi, weatha's good, been growing a lot. Gotta love spring break mate, hot chicks everywhere, 'specially by the lake." Minhyuk gestures with his tall bottle of beer to the general direction of the local lake.

"You said growing's good? Any chance I can buy a good amount off of you?" Chanyeol asks, to the point, already taking a look around at the "farm". 

Minhyuk was majoring in agricultural specialties in college, and his knowledge was obvious. The few acres of land he lived on had been converted into a giant weed farm, with plants growing past shoulder height in rows upon rows. Minhyuk supplied at least half of all of the dealers in the tricounty area, and his influence was prolific.

"Oh man, ya' dealing again? Can't blame ya, 't's the time to do it anyways." Minhyuk says, looking not in particular at any of the three. 

"Nah, we're throwing a party. Need a lot of weed." Jongdae said, staring at the little trailer Minhyuk took up residence in. It was covered in spray paint in a relatively camo pattern. 

"Ya came to the right place then, boys." Minhyuk grinned, gesturing to all of his pot plants with his ever-present bottle of beer. "I got it all. I can even sell you a garbage bag full of weed."

Kyungsoo raised a quizzical brow. "A garbage bag full?"

"Oh yeah, it's the cheap stuff, isn't good quality but there's a hell of a lot of it. I'll sell it to ya for... eh... How does 150 sound?"

"Sounds alright, yeah." Chanyeol smiles, nodding.

The boys walk back to their vehicle holding what might have been the largest amount of weed they had ever been in possession of. After loud bouts of arguing, eventually the group decided to keep it in the back of the car, deeming it the "safest spot". Jongdae, now sequestered in the backseat (Kyungsoo refused to be forced in "the children's seats" both there and back, with Jongdae near crushing him by leaning far too back), found that it made a remarkably good pillow, taking as many selfies with the bag (now deemed "the potllow", courtesy of Chanyeol's horrible puns) as possible and sending them all to Yixing (who for the record only responded with tongue, heart and fire emojis). 

----

"Teach me your ways, wise one." Jongin says, leaning on the edge of the bathtub in Minseok's bathroom. He had found himself at the elder's house after their confrontation with the cops, and the older boy had mentioned how to get girls. 

"It's all in the hair man. es love good hair." Minseok says, leaning against the wall. 

"Like what kind of hair?" Jongin asks. He had been single for most of his life, and with an upcoming party, he thought he could get some digits. 

Minseok pauses, tilting his head in thought. "Well, I guess you gotta have hair that matches you, something that goes along with how you look."

"And what's that for you?" 

"Frosted tips. My frosted tips get me ." Minseok grinned. He remembers back a year ago when he had bleach blonde hair (it was a ing swag dye job thank you very much), and how now only the ends were that color (it was a retro throwback if you asked him). 

"You're ing kidding me, no way do girls actually like that." Jongin said, but twenty minutes later he found himself in the process of bleaching the ends of the hair. Remind me to never, ever listen to Minseok again, Jongin thinks to himself, cursing his impulsiveness. 

Jongin stares at himself deeply in the mirror. "es love the frosted tips, it looks swag," rang in his ears. God, he hoped Minseok was right. 

----

Everyone meets back up at Home Depot, sans Kris, who was taking care of the parental aspect of the plan. In the well hidden "employee barn", Zitao truly realized how cramped it was, now with a bar's full of alcohol and a garbage bag full of weed. Where all the money to buy this much pot and alcohol came from was a mystery to Zitao, but he figured it was the main reason why everyone in his new friend group had a job. 

"Alright boys," Kyungsoo checks his ever present watch "we have about five hours till the party. We have the alcohol and the weed to do it, but it's gonna be a huge sausagefest if y'all don't bring chicks."

Yixing leans over to Zitao, far too close for the other Chinese boy's liking. He smells like weed and Arizona tea and maybe a little axe deodorant. "I thought we were supposed to bring the weed." He drawls slowly in mandarin. 

"Your brain is in' fried man. We're supposed to bring girls, since we're the "hot foreign boys"." Luhan quips back in mandarin, quiet enough to where only Yixing and Zitao can hear it. 

"Pretty sure like half of this table is gay, bro." Yixing says back, but louder and not at all in mandarin this time, and the rest of the table hears it this time. Baekhyun gasps a loud fake gasp, covering his mouth with a hand as dramatically as possible. 

"I am THE token gay member." Baekhyun says, going in for the overreaction, furrowed brows and all. "That's my thing. You guys can find something else."

"Fine then, Baekhyun, but if you're gay aren't you supposed to be friends with a lot of hot chicks? Where are the hot female friends, Baekhyun? Where are they?" Minseok asks, raising an eyebrow. 

Baekhyun says something about how he'd be a "good gay" and pull through with some hot girls. But sure enough, at seven fifteen, twenty minutes after Kris's parents were gone, a parade of hot girls enter the party, from a glasses-wearing senior named Siyoung to a freshman named Minji (Sehun was all over her the entire night) to a blonde girl named Luna with a Staten Island accent. 

Zitao did not expect upwards of 100 people to be inside his house at 8:00 PM on a Monday night. However, there he was, crammed between Yixing, who was tripping balls on acid, and a girl who was wearing a white shirt that revealed absolutely everything. Surprisingly enough he found himself staring at neither her s nor her face. He thought that it would be one of those fantastic high school moments he dreamed of, him and a hot girl on a couch, where they'd see each other and the chemistry would be evident, and they'd just be perfect. Instead he's vaguely disgusted by the smell of ty weed on her breath and she looks more like a drunken mess than the gorgeous girls he's dreamt of meeting during his travels abroad. 

"Hey, Tao," Jongdae breathed, pulling Zitao up off of the couch. "Let's ing get out of the living room before they start a truth or dare game. It's gonna get messy."

Sure enough, as soon as they slide open the glass door, they hear Sehun wail "Who wants to play truth or dare?" Those words were followed by the scampering of feet as people rusted towards Sehun. 

"Can you tell the future?" Zitao asks, staring at Jongdae with an open mouth. 

"No, he just does this every time he's had a little too much to drink. He's absolutely convinced he's going to be dared to kiss a girl at some point."

"Has that happened yet?" Zitao asked, raising an eyebrow in the direction of the rainbow-coifed teen. 

Jongdae chuckles, shaking his head. "Not once."

----

Some time later and Zitao finds himself in the upstairs of his house, leaning against the side board of his bed. The window is open and the breeze flows throughout the room, ruffling hair and curtains. Chanyeol, Jongdae, Kris and Jongin all have formed this strange kind of oval-esque shape with him. Chanyeol is accompanied by a stuffed giraffe, which now leans over the arm of his flannel. The animal is so childish that Zitao almost wants to laugh, the giraffe that looked like a toy for a small child, it contrasted heavily against all of the insane going on downstairs, or all of the Chanyeol was known for pulling. 

"Jesus, Chanyeol, you weren't kidding when you said you kept your stuff in a giraffe." Jongin chuckles, staring at the giraffe far too eagerly. 

"It's been like this since middle school. I don't know how the giraffe hasn't been found out." Jongdae sighs, half laughing as he shakes his head in mock contempt. 

"Shut up, it works!" Chanyeol grumbles as he turns the giraffe upside down, pulling at a hidden zipper that completely opens the entire thing to reveal a small-ish bong. Only now did Zitao understand why Chanyeol had that giraffe with him far too often for any 17 year old. The giraffe had made guest appearances at parties, concerts and even occasionally turned up at school. 

"So Tao, have you ever used a bong?" Jongdae asks, smiling at the Chinese teen. 

Zitao can feel himself gulp. 

----

Minsik doesn't remember how he found his way into a truth or dare game. He knows Sehun had set it up for sure (Sehun always set them up), but he doesn't really remember having been asked to join or asking to join. But yet he still finds himself in the circle, sandwiched between a kid with dreds from Dallas and the Sehun himself, and he thinks that perhaps he sees Chulgoo across from him, but he's trying hard not to stare. 

"Nice sausage-fest you've got goin' on, Sehun." Kyung quips, exiting the kitchen with a beer. There's a girl he's got his arm around, and she's giggling at every single thing he says. 

Sehun sends Kyung a fiery glare. " off, ."

"Like you're one to talk." Someone in the circle says. Minsik thinks it's Chulgoo. 

Truth or dare is "lìt" ("the accent on the ì makes it more lit", Kyung had once explained) according to Sehun, though that might only because he's already had a few too many vodka shots this early into the party. Mostly everyone in the circle knows that there will probably be a better, drunker truth or dare game far later into the night, but yet no one decided to leave (Sehun would later attribute this to his "wicked sick hosting skills"), even when Yixing made out with Luhan (it was a traumatic experience) or when the kid with dreds drank an entire half-pint of expired milk

The game goes on for far too long, and eventually Minsik thinks that everyone in the circle has kissed everyone ("thanks to all of you guys I'm going to get herpes now!" Luhan yells at one point), not that he was going to complain about getting to know Chulgoo better. But the dares keep coming, and quickly he realizes that not a single person had picked truth the entire time. Eventually, he realizes as the dares keep ramping up, that this is going to culminate in some horrible, horrible dare. 

Things in the game got a lot more wild as the time got closer to nine pm, with someone, most likely Sehun, bringing up body shots. It turns out that if you suggest body shots to a pack of high schoolers in the midst of a truth or dare game, all hell will break loose. Body shots lead to other things, and eventually Luhan and Minsik are watching Yixing take an impressively large bong hit while atop some teenager who was completely knocked out on the floor. The next dare is for Minsik, and fear culminates in his stomach as he wonders what horrors may be bestowed upon him (not too far back Sehun had taken a shot of a mixture of soy sauce, chili paste and soju, and Minsik would prefer not to repeat the experience). Unfortunately luck isn't exactly on his side, and the teenager finds himself being forced to chug down a mix of potka (Kyungsoo's own special mix of weed and vodka) mixed with soju, red bull and redline extreme* ("the most powerful energy drink known to man," Luhan had said. "It straight up killed like three guys in Arizona," Yixing adds, unhelpfully), and the mixture is actually completely horrifying. He tries hard not to vomit, and while successful, he fears the uneasy feeling in his stomach will never leave. 

"Oh come on, stop acting like a , it can't be that bad." Kyungsoo teases, looking at Minsik as the other teen is trying not to wretch on everyone and everything (the only pro to this was Chulgoo, genuinely worried, doting on him). 

"It's the worst thing I've ever done," Minsik pauses to nearly vomit over the sink. This drink was worse than whatever he was forced to consume in any game of ring of fire. "it tastes so bad, but it feels even worse."

Kyungsoo narrows his eyes in comic annoyance. "Is it because of the potka? Because, y'know, that's my own brew. Are you ing insulting my culinary skills? Huh, Minsik? I put a lot of time into that." 

It takes all of Minsik's willpower not to vomit on Kyungsoo's shoes. "Then why don't you try some?"

There is a pause, and then Sehun, Yixing and Luhan are all screaming "CHUG. CHUG. CHUG." Kyungsoo, staring at the three, takes whatever is left of the mixture and drinks it in one go. For a few seconds he is fine, staring back at the mob of teenagers curiously looking at him, stony faced and unmoving. However, that expression quickly melts into one of pure disgust, and he nearly vomits all over Luhan.

"That," Kyungsoo pauses, glancing at everyone in the mob. "that was so ed."

Regardless of how "ed" it was, Kyungsoo finds himself DJing only a half hour later, playing for a hundred or so high schoolers as even more entered, many of which he didn't even know. He tries to turn his attention from the new kids to anywhere else, to the girls in the pool or to the top window of the house, where he can see Chanyeol and friends hotboxing Zitao's room. He knows all of them are going to be stoned as hell whenever they decide to leave. However, some of the new dumb kids are trying hard to get his attention. 

One in particular stands out, an older looking kid awkwardly -blocking Minseok, who now looked like he wanted to fight the guy. By observation, Kyungsoo realized word must have gotten out about the whole thing, as never in his life would he have invited about a third of the new kids pouring in, especially this guy. If he wasn't crossfaded he probably would have left the DJing position to go remove the kid from Minseok and his new catch. Instead, he now finds himself staring at the lights strung up around the pool and house, and thinking about how lovely the whole set up looked. 

"Hey, you should play--" er kid (that is now what Kyungsoo has decided to call him) says, somehow appearing behind Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo nearly flinches. 

"I'm not taking requests, ." Kyungsoo says, narrowing his eyes. 

"Awwww, but you let that girl over there pick a song." er kid points over to a girl who is currently trying to convince other girls to get a wet t-shirt contest going ("she's doing the lord's work" Chanyeol would say later, the rest of the group nodding and silently thanking her). 

"Yeah, well she offered to send me nudes, so I thought I oughta repay the favor." 

er kid flutters his eyelashes "Well then, I'll do something for you sometime."

"Bro, I don't even know your name." Kyungsoo quips. 

"It's Joonmyeon. Now, tell me what you want, and then you'll play my song."

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow quizzically. "Who the names their kid Joonmyeon? Are you in the witness protection program?"

Joonmyeon laughs dryly. "Funny. But seriously, what can I do?"

Kyungsoo narrows his eyes sinisterly. He has a few ideas. 

----

A/N

*do not drink this horrible, horrible mixture. It is the absolute worst thing that has ever had the disgrace of meeting my stomach. It's gross, it's not fun, and if you have a heart condition the mix of caffeine and alcohol is especially not good for you. Just don't. 

 

The weed farm is a slight reference to Super Trash Bros.