Chapter 32

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I really need to stop doing these sporadic updates. Hi guys, it’s been over a year :D I reread the story ‘cause I completely forgot what was going on. Enjoy the rusty writing! 

 

Irene’s POV

It was 10 A.M. and I had woken up 2 hours earlier. 

Bright light emitted from my phone and illuminated a notification from the company reminding me to attend the scheduled meeting with the producer and everyone else collaborating. 

There was still half an hour left to spare before the scheduled meeting time, so I performed no rush in getting ready. My feet padded gently against the wooden floor as my socks muffled my movements. A quick extension of my right arm allowed me to retrieve a water bottle and a granola bar from the kitchen table. Today was going to be breakfast-on-the-go. 

Half of the girls were out on errands today and the other half were stuck in their room. 

Speaking of rooms, my feet picked up the pace and dragged me to the front door of Yeri’s room. I naturally connected my ear to the room and listened. 

Strange. It was silent. 

Sure, 10 A.M. is considered morning but it’s not that early, is it? It’s literally 2 hours away from being in the afternoon. 

I knocked quietly to show some decency. “Yeri-ah, you awake?”

“No, but I am,” A cheery voice peeked. The sounds of shuffling entered the air as a presence approached closer to the door. 

The entrance swung open and revealed Joy. “How’s it going?” She asked with lucid features and a bright smile. 

“I’m just checking in,” I said, “I have to attend a meeting regarding the song I have to do with Taehyung.”

It was like Joy’s ears perked upon hearing his name. “Taehyung, huh? You guys are playing it risky with this song here,” She teased. 

I offered a look of confusion. “What do you mean?”

“Don’t you think when this song gets released to the public, they’re eventually going to find out you’re dating him?” 

She does make a valid point. “Well, I guess we’re playing with fire then,” I concluded. “I mean, it isn’t like we chose to do it together. We so happened to coincidentally been placed in a project together.” 

“With your ex too, at that,” Joy unnecessarily added in with a little wiggle of the eyebrows. 

My mouth opened then closed as I changed my mind, deciding to conserve some energy. “You know what, I think I am going to leave. Yeah. Have fun Joy, make sure Yeri wakes up before noon!” 

“On it, soldier,” Joy saluted me as her lips morphed into a serious expression that soon broke through with a smile. 

I chuckled at her antics and entered my room, changed into appropriate clothing, and grabbed my breakfast before exiting the dorm housing. 

The parking lot hovered over my back as I locked the door with the set of keys I had. 

It looked like I was all set, so I turned around to get to my car, but instead a towering presence blocked me. 

To say I yelled was an understatement. I screeched at the top of my lungs. 

“Hey, hey! Calm down there, Irene, it’s just me,” Taehyung reassured with his arms wide open, ready to be embraced. 

“Yeah, yeah whatever,” I rolled my eyes. “Just don’t do that again.” 

He wiggled his fingers to signal that he was still waiting for his hug, so I obliged and enveloped his warm body. 

The hug was separated as soon as I remembered that the meeting was coming up soon. Time was catching up fast and we needed to be there on time or else it wouldn’t look good for us. 

“We can’t be late to the meeting,” I warned him.

His teeth clenched and inhaled air, “Yeah, we don’t want to get chewed out by the producer like Minha was.” 

The man was brutal and deserves every pain that is inflicted on him for the rest of his life. Minha doesn’t deserve such cruelty. She’s a sweet girl. She was a sweet girlfriend, too. I hate to admit that I miss her.

“Hello?” Taehyung pierced through my thoughts. “Are you ready to go or what?”

I mustered a simple smile and nodded. “Yeah, we better go.”

Minha's POV

The chair I was sitting on swiveled back and forth as I fidgeted with my fingers. I arrived at the SME building early to allow my mind to shift productively after that fluttering date with Jennie. 

Can I even call it a date? 

We exercised.

We had fun.

We made out. 

Gosh, we made out. 

We made out, but it’s not like we’re going out. At least I don’t think so? 

The door to the meeting room slammed open and nearly knocked me off of my revolving chair. I recollected myself as others glanced at my well-being before singling out who caused the loud noise. 

“Whoops

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter