Page 24

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Weeks later~  

     I do have to admit that Irene has been busy lately. I mean, we're both extremely busy with loads of work piled on our desks but something about her is throwing me off. It's as if she's avoiding me. Everytime I see her now, it's just a simple "Hello", or "Hi". At times, there would be no simple greeting. We would just exchange simple glances and she's out the door. 

     Am I going to accuse her of cheating? No, of course not. That's probably the last thing I would do ever. Is there a possibility that she is? Who knows? Everything's like a locked chamber holding hidden stories that's been buried within the depths of the earth. What gains you access to it is a missing key. Using other techniques won't unlock it until you find the only thing that allows you to. The key. Right now, I'm not even sure if the key's anywhere! 

      She's also been fiddling with her phone a lot lately. Giggles and laughs would surface to the air whenever she had that phone near her ear. It just upsets me that I'm rarely the cause of her laughs anymore. Sure, a little smile would occur but that would be it. There would be nothing for me to do to make her sound as happy as that. It makes me wonder as to what I've been doing wrong. 

     "Hey Irene?"I asked her as I stopped in front of the door. We were in the SM building and she was currently talking on the phone with somebody. 

     "Okay, bye Taehyung! I'll talk to you later." She tried to sound discreet but her words were crystal clear. "Hi Minha,"She greeted me warmly with a quick side hug. I was about to turn that into a complete embrace but she slipped away slickly. I frowned but carried on with it. 

     "So, who you talking to?"I asked, trying to hold a normal conversation. 

     "Oh, this new friend I met,"She answered me as if it was nothing. 

     "Oh really, I'm glad my introverted Bae has made a friend,"I said while scooting closer to her. Instantly, she had scooted all the way over a couple feet farther. I think I'm doing something wrong. Did I overstep the boundaries? 

     "Minha, it was nice talking to you, but I got to go,"She rushingly said to me as she speed walked out of the door.

     I urgently followed behind her. "Where are you going?" 

     "I'm going to meet up with a friend Minha, it'd be nice if you left me now so that I could go,"She answered with an annoyed expression. 

     "Kiss g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter