I'm NOT Possessed

Not Another Christmas Story....

Day Two:                                   
I shot up from my bed gasping for air trying to comprehend the horrible nightmare.
What happen? Where am I?
I looked around the room to slowly realize that I was back in my bed no longer standing on the cold street.
What day is it?
I pulled back the covers to find my phone in its usual spot, connected to a white charging cord. I pressed the center button and my phone sprung to life which sent a piercing white light into my eyes. When my eyes finally adjusted to the light I could read the time.
8:12 a.m
December 24, 2015

How can it be December 24th again?
Was this a dream.
“YO!” I jumped forward almost falling out of the bed.
“Don’t spend all day denying the truth! Remember what I told you!”
“Where are you?” I said shakily looking around the room.
“I’m in your head idiot and yes you are talking to yourself,” Yenny snapped.
“So this is real?” I sputtered out.
Instead of hearing Yenny’s voice all I heard was the clanking of a mixer.
“Woohyun.”
I stood up from the bed letting the warm covers unravel from my body. If for some reason I had a chance to save Woohyun then I’m going to do it.
I just need to save him.
I pulled on a pair of jeans that may have been worn earlier this week. I open the door to be met with the intoxicating smells of vanilla and the soft sounds of Christmas music.
I let myself be guided towards the source of everything which led me straight to the kitchen.
Straight to him. 
 His hair was pin back as he decorated a lightly brown cookie. There were smudges of frosting on his cheek and little bits in his hair.
There were already four trays of freshly baked cookies and from the looks of it there were a couple more trays baking in the oven.
What time did he wake up at?
I walked behind the member who was too busy focusing on icing a snowflake to notice me. 
Being this close to him felt almost unreal. For a second, I let my mind go blank as I did the one thing I had been craving to do.
 I wrapped my arms around the member causing him to let out a small gasp.
“Sunggyu?” Woohyun froze. “Is that you?”
Woohyun tried to turn around but I held him still. 
He couldn’t turn around not yet when I was about to lose everything.
“I miss you,” I choked out praying that tears wouldn’t fall.
“Why are you acting this way? Is this a joke?” Woohyun laughed but his voice was quivering.
I took a deep breath calming down my pounding heart.
This is not about you. It’s about him.
I let go of my grasp on Woohyun’s waist taking a step back to let the member turnaround.
I smiled at him widely trying to hide my real feelings. It wasn’t hard to do considering I had practice. Even when I wanted to cry for my mother I had to be almost annoyingly happy on stage.
“I scared you didn’t I?” I teased patting Woohyun on his head.
“Stop that,” Woohyun frown pushing my hand away.
Woohyun looked a little hurt or maybe he was just annoyed.
“What are you doing?” I asked looking at all the cookies. “Are you trying to feed an army.”
“Oh no,” Woohyun face seemed to get brighter. “These are for the fan’s tomorrow.”
I should have known that the mention of the fans would make him happier.
“I don’t have time tomorrow to do it so I have to do it tonight. I only have to bake fifty more! But I have to finish all of these and I still have to decorate the apartment…”
“I’ll help,” I told him rolling up my sleeves.
Woohyun laughed but when he saw me picking up a piping bag he gasped.
“Are you serious,” Woohyun looked at me curiously.
“I mean it,” I told him. “Now can you tell me how to work this baggy thing.”
Woohyun just stared at me blankly.
“Fine I will figure it out by myself,” I told him as I turn to a tray of cookies.
“Don’t squeeze it!” Woohyun shouted running to my side. But it was too late the pastry bag had splurged onto the sugar cookie shaped snowman. Making it look like someone took a blue poop on it.
“I’m telling the fan’s which ones you did,” Woohyun muttered. “They probably know anyways.”
“What does that mean? Am I really that horrible?” I pouted.
“No you're perfect,” Woohyun joke as he patted my head but then he stopped suddenly as if he had realized what he was doing. “You start over there and I will start over here.”
He picked up a worn out blue notebook and started to flip through it.
“What is that?” I pointed to the notebook.
“Oh it’s my cookbook,” Woohyun looked up from the book. “It’s all the recipes I looked up for Christmas dinner.”
“You’re so lame,” I retorted.
Woohyun rolled his eyes in my direction. “Hurry up! We don’t have all day!”
“Yes, sir!” I replied as I turn away from Woohyun to focus on the cookie. 
What Woohyun didn't know was how close I was to breaking down.

 

_________

 

“Are we done yet?” I asked throwing the almost empty pastry bag onto the table. My hand was starting to go numb and my neck had a dull pain from looking down for so long.
“No we have twenty more to go,” Woohyun told me not looking up from his reindeer cookie that he was currently decorating.
“You can finish it all? Right?” I yawn covering my mouth as I lean back in my seat.
“I knew that you weren’t going to help,” Woohyun sighed.
“I did help,” I argued.
“But you gave up at the end,” Woohyun pointed out as he looked up at me.
His pale cheeks had patches of icing even his hair was covered in it making him look like he just visited some sort of candy land.
“Here,” I sighed placing my finger on his cheek and quickly wiping the icing away.
“What are you doing?” Woohyun breathed out.
I froze holding my hand to his cheek as I stared into his brown eyes.
Yes, what was I doing here? I was touching his cheek making us look like we belonged in one of those silly fangirls fan fiction stories.
“Hyung?” a voice asked sending lightning throughout my body.  
Quickly reminding me of what I was doing to my bandmate. My bandmate who happens to not be a girl.
I pulled away quickly praying that Woohyun wouldn’t be able to hear my pounding heart.
“Hyung,” the voice called again as Sungjong walked into the kitchen rubbing his sleepy eyes. His dark brown hair went every which way and I swore I saw pieces of fuzz clinging to his hair.
“What’s up Sungjong?” Woohyun asked.
“I’m hungry,” Sungjong sighed crossing his arms. “What is with all the cookies?”
“They are for the fans,” Woohyun told him happily as if he had already forgotten about the little incident.
“And to torture me,” I pointed out.
Sungjong's eyes widen when he noticed me standing next to Woohyun. “Hyung are you sick? Why aren’t you sleeping? You're never up this early!”
“Ah, I’m just helping,” I told the maknae picking up the piping bag and acting as if I wasn’t about to quit.
“Woohyun is Sunggyu-Hyung lying again?” Sungjong asked.
“When doesn’t he lie?” Woohyun added causing me to frown.
“I don’t lie,” I mumbled to myself as I placed the piping bag back down because there was no way I was going to finish the rest of these cookies. I needed my hands for holding a mic, not a piping bag!
“Is Hoya up yet?” Woohyun asked Sungjong who was now eating the rejected cookies.
Sungjong shook his head no.
“YAH stop eating those,” I shouted at the youngest. “Your teeth will fall out.”
Sungjong rolled his eyes then took another bite.
“Aishh,” I glared in his direction shaking my head.
“Great,” Woohyun frowned. “I wanted him to set up some decorations.”
“I’ll do it!” I volunteered.
Woohyun and Sungjong both gave me a questionable look then Woohyun spoke up. “You have to go outside in the cold.”
“So I’ll wear a jacket,” I shrugged.
“I’m starting to think you’re possessed,” Woohyun shook his head.
“What I can’t do anything nice for someone else?” I pointed out crossing my arms.
Sungjong shook his head then look at Woohyun. “Well, whoever possessed him can stay.”
“Why you lit-“
“Sunggyu there are boxes in my room,” Woohyun added as he started to touch up one of the cookies I quickly frosted.
“I’ll be back to help package them up,” I told Woohyun.
Woohyun shook his head. “I really think you are possessed or else you are planning on killing someone.”
You have no clue Nam Woohyun.

_________

 
What I thought would only take a half-hour to hang up these stupid decoration took me three almost four hours. Of course, none of the members volunteered to help me!
Cold snot slide down onto my lip for the fifteenth thousand time as the cold wind felt like needles whipping against my ears.
“Stay!” I yelled at the stupid light that wouldn’t stay put on the railing.
Gosh, this is so stupid!
I wiped my nose of the snot fest but it was no use because more unwelcoming snot was coming down.
“I give up!” I snapped at the lights that were half hanged on the railing. “It’s good enough.”
The balcony finally looked like Saint Nicholas himself threw up everywhere.
See Yenny I do have the Christmas spirit!
I slide open the sliding door and stepped into the warm apartment.
The warmth of the dorm made my cold fingers and ears burn as the heat soothed my cold bones. Christmas music was on full blast and I could hear the other members walking around the dorm.
“I’m going to watch a movie,” Sungjong came into the living Room holding his laptop. “Oh, are you all done Hyung?”
I nodded my head taking off my shoes that barely shielded my toes from the cold weather.
“Yeah for the most part,” I grunted pulling off of my jacket.
Sungyeol walked into the living room eating a bowl of what looked like some sort of red Jell-O.
“Oh Hyung,” Sungyeol stopped. “Woohyun wants me to tell you that once you are done outside you can start setting the table.”
“Why can’t he do it,” I snapped taking off my gloves.
“He went to go get some butter,” Sungyeol shrugged.
“What?” my head shot up. “He’s not here?”
“Yeah,” Sungyeol gave me a confused look.
“Are you sure Sungyeol!” I yelled at him as my heart started to pound heavily.
Sungyeol nodded still confused.
“,” I snapped then I turn around and slide open the door to the balcony.
“Hyung where are you going,” Sungjong called after me.
I didn’t care that coldness hitting my feet felt like daggers. I didn’t care that my whole body was screaming against the coldness. I ran to the railing praying that I wasn’t too late.
I let out a sigh of relief as the city life down below was as calm as any city could be. More importantly, there were no sirens in the air nor was there a crowd of people watching Woohyun die. I took a deep breath of relief.
It wouldn’t make any sense if he died now especially because it wasn’t night time yet. The other times he died was at the same time.
“Woohyun?”
I could make out his blue coat pushing among the crowd heading back to the dorm. In his hand was a white bag that contained the ingredients he ran out of.
“Come on you can make it home,” I whispered.
The light turned green and Woohyun began to walk across the street surrounded by the crowd.
“He’s okay.”
Car squeal in the distance turning my attention from the member to the other side of the road. A black car was zooming forward as if it was on a race track.
No.
The car brake light lite up but instead of stopping it started to slide forward.
No.
“WOOHYUN!” I screamed looking at the member.
Woohyun stopped in the middle of the street like an idiot and looked up at me.
The black car crash into the car in front of Woohyun and…
I closed my eyes tightly.
“I want you back.”