Bright Lights & Wannabe Astronauts

Not Another Christmas Story....

Day Thirteen:

“I love you, Mom,” I said into the phone then I pressed the red button ending the call.

That was the last of my phone calls to my family  giving them one last gift before I…

I even wrote to the fans on the fancafé hoping that it would lessen the blow.

I stare around the lobby as people wearing overly fancy clothes mingled among each other. I was glad that no one recognized me if they did I would have broken down in tears.

Then just like clockwork the door to the staircase open and Woohyun walked out wearing the same blue jacket. I tossed my phone on the table no longer needing it anymore.

I followed him out into the cold quietly like a shadow. I swear I could never get used to the wind nipping at my nose.

I walked down the steps staring at the back of his head wondering what he would say when it was all done and over with.

I lied to him I had told him that I was called into the office that I couldn’t be bothered with stupid Christmas.

I tried convincing myself that I was only doing this because I was the leader but I knew deep down inside it was for other reasons.

We reached the bottom of the stairs now joining the busy crowd. Selfishly I wonder why it couldn’t be one of them that died.

Not him.

We reached the road and my heart started to pound inside of my throat. I felt as if my body was on auto drive because I was no longer in control of it.

I had a good life, right?

I was able to see the world, dance on many stages, win awards with my best friends, and most of all I was able to live my dream. A dream that always seemed impossible was now my life.

We started to cross the road  but then suddenly Woohyun stopped. He bent over to pick up something off the ground. It was a single purple flower that someone must have dropped while crossing the street.

Tires squealed in the distance and I knew what I had to do it was my last chance. I raced towards Woohyun with all the energy I had stored throughout the day.

Woohyun's head turn with his mouth slowly opening and his eyes growing wide.

“Sung-“

My body collided into Woohyun’s with such force that it sent the member flying through the air into the ground.

“What th-“

Bright lights blinded my eyes then suddenly I was flying through the air as if I was trying to go to outer space.

Then pain.

Gut wrenching pain that felt as if I was being poked with thousands of needles. Someone was screaming like they were being murdered in the background. Sounds of something whizzing by my ears sounded like a tornado.

I slowly realized I was the one screaming in agony.

“Sunggyu!” he screamed grabbing ahold of my head. I open my eyes and looked at his worried face then I let out a large smile because he was alive.

The world was cold and my body was aching like I was just hit by a car.

Oh wai-

Darkness.

I want you back. If I don’t have you I would just stand there. Not able to move. I want you back Woohyun.

“Really you’re going to play it that way?” a voice asked in the darkness.

Suddenly as if someone had switched the lights on the room had became visible. We were standing in all white room if you could even call it a room. Yenny stood in front of me with her hand on her hip looking up at me unimpressed.  

“Yenny? Where am I?” I asked looking around the endless whiteness.

“Heaven but you belong in hell,” Yenny sighed.

“So I really did die?” I said in awe.

“Yes but I’m sending you back,” Yenny admitted.

“No,” I told her.

“Stop being so stupid!” Yenny snapped. “Seriously sometimes I wonder if there's even a brain up there.”

“But I saved Woohyun,” I told her.

“You can’t save Woohyun by killing yourself stupid,” Yenny argued. “Listen the Christmas spirit isn’t about cookies or decorations. It’s about something else and you know it. So stop being annoying and do it right or I’ll take Woohyun with me for good. That good looking guy belongs in heaven, not you!”

“I don’t understand!” I shouted as everything around me started to fade to black.

“Do it right,” Yenny told me. "Next time or else!"