N - Ordinary Love

Fantasia

2. Ordinary Love - Park Kyung of Block B and Park Boram

 

You sat by the fountain of the plaza where you two planned on meeting. You nervously fiddled your fingers on your pastel mint green dress you carefully chose for this day—your second date with a boy you just met three days ago named Cha Hakyeon. You pushed your hair back under your ears and checked your reflection on your phone screen. Do I look okay?

 

“You look great.”

 

You jumped on your seat. There he was, standing right in front of you. A cute smile written all over his face. The smile that caught your whole attention the first time you met. Hakyeon held his hand right above his lips, stifling a laugh. “Sorry I didn’t mean to startle you. Were you waiting for me long? Sorry about that. I had to rush—“

 

“No I wasn’t!” You stood and told him it wasn’t a big of a deal. The two of you stared for almost a minute, not knowing what to say nor do next. Hakyeon then cleared his throat and asked if you wanted to watch a movie with him. Hakyeon crossed his fingers behind him, hoping you would agree because honestly he didn’t plan anything at all for today since he was too busy thinking on what to wear on your second date.

 

 You nodded, a wider smile appeared on his face. “I’d love to.”Hakyeon then offered his arm; you gladly slid your arm on his and the two of you walked to where the theatre was.

 

True, you and Hakyeon had only met a few days back thanks to your co-workers that forced you and him into a blind date. You were familiar with each other, silently and unknowingly passing by each other in the company’s hallway but the two of you have never met properly until the blind date. You knew him as the guy who everybody is fond of thanks to his beautiful personality and appearance. What he perceived you before, you never knew.

The day for the blind date came and boy was it awkward. You hated your friends for setting you up on an unconsented date since you weren’t the type of person to go out and mingle with any random stranger. While you were most likely to be an introvert, Hakyeon was a bit of an extrovert. He was looking forward to the blind date and was literally excited to meet you. Little did you know that Hakyeon had always been curious about you and was just too ‘introvert’ when it came to you. The blind date happened in a blink of an eye. Thankfully, you and Hakyeon have some things in common and it wasn’t that long when you two got comfortable with each other. By the end of the date, he asked for your number and if you were free on Friday. Without any hesitation, you gave your number and answered him with a big yes.

You admit, the first time you saw Hakyeon it was nothing special. He was just any normal guy compared to your ideal type which can never be achieved by anyone…maybe. But once you got to know him a little better, you felt something stir within you. Something that you have yet to confirm, and one of the reasons why you accepted his invitation for a second date. The other reason? You love seeing him smile at you.

 

“So what kind of movie are we watching?” you asked. The two of you slowly approaching the theatre. Hakyeon shrugged and confessed that the second date wasn’t supposed to be a movie date but since he had no idea on what to do, he suggested it. You giggled at his honesty. Once you two reached the theatre, both of you had your eyes glued on the screen where the list of movies were. Both of you pointed on the same title written on the screen.

 

“That one.”

 

“How about that one?”

 

Both of you stared at each other in disbelief. Grins appeared on your faces. Hakyeon chuckled and teased, “Well that was easy.” You bought the tickets while he bought popcorn and drinks. Once you got your tickets, he came running to where you were, popcorn and drinks on his hands. He smiled and raised them cheerfully. You and Hakyeon went inside and hurried to your seats. Hakyeon handed you your drink and thanked him. The lights dimmed and the movie started.

 

“Isn’t this exciting?” Hakyeon leaned close enough for only you to hear. You can feel his breath tickling your neck. “Or are we becoming the typical boring couple on a date?”

 

You smiled at his remark. “Maybe. Who knows?” you glanced his way and found him smiling sweetly at you. Hakyeon bobbed his head slowly, agreeing to what you just said.

 

Throughout the whole movie, you and Hakyeon were at edge. Accidental brushing of hands whenever grabbing popcorn in the bucket, constant glances and smiles and side comments on the movie’s plot holes. By the time the movie ended, you and Hakyeon found yourselves quite disappointed with the movie. Hakyeon blabbered that the ending was sappy while you complained that there wasn’t even a plot to begin with.

 

“We were fooled by the awesome title.” Hakyeon shook his head, looking defeated. You nodded and patted his back for comfort.

 

“I feel you.” You said. Hakyeon chuckled and apologized for choosing such a ty movie on your second date. You then told him (again) that it wasn’t a big of a deal. The two of you decided to take a stroll. Hakyeon offered to walk you back home later and you thanked him for it. The walk was nice. You and Hakyeon were exchanging words. The more you two talk, the more you felt that feeling. The feeling of wanting to know him more. By the time you reached your house, you and Hakyeon stayed for a while outside near the front door.

 

“…”

 

“…uhm, so I’ll—“

 

“Can I meet you tomorrow again?” Hakyeon shyly rubbed the nape of his neck. He admitted that he hated the really overrated and sappy movie but it was quite fun since it was with you. You felt your cheeks burning. Your heart pacing. You rarely go out but something about him made you want to see the world in a new perspective with him. “I’ll be romantic this time! People used to call me Cha-mantic.” You laughed at his remark. “I’ll be prepared this time. It’s just…I—“

 

“Sure.” You answered. You see him smiling. Just then an idea popped in your mind. “You know, you can still be Cha-mantic today.” You bite your lip at the nickname. “We can binge watch movies at my place.”

 

Hakyeon flashed you a wicked grin. “OH. I didn’t know we were already going to that level.” You laughed and told him it wasn’t like that and would just be another movie date. He then accepted your offer and told you that he’ll be at his utmost behavior. You extended your hand to him and smiled, “Let’s go then?”

 

Hakyeon took hold of your hand.

 

Whatever you were feeling for him, you were quite sure where it was leading. Whatever he was feeling for you, he already knew the moment you stepped in the company and he saw you the first time. But of course, he’s Cha-mantic. He’ll probably confess that to you in the most romantic and Hakyeon way possible. Just not now, because now…you and him were going to erase that crappy movie and replace it with something else better.