Hongbin - D (Half Moon)

Fantasia

4. D (Half Moon) - DEAN

 

Hongbin woke up to the sound of his alarm ringing. He rubbed the drowsiness off his eyes and stared blankly at the ceiling. Another day. Another boring day. He rose from his bed and walked to the bathroom. He took off his clothes and jumped under the shower. He let the cold water hit his skin. Hongbin felt numb, he was quite used to the cold temperature now. He counted the days left, realizing that it was two days left. He sighed. “Two more days, Lee Hongbin.”

 

Hongbin went out and got himself dressed. He took at himself one last look in the mirror, grabbed his bag and keys and headed out. He drove to his favorite diner and was greeted by the owner. He greeted back the owner with a smile and ordered his usual---pancakes and bacon. Usually, Hongbin would have someone with him. They would eat breakfast and enjoy their small chats. Occasional glances, smiles, laughs and bickers. But now, Hongbin sat on their favorite spot and alone. Would’ve been better if you were here.

 

“She hasn’t arrived yet?” The owner came back to him with his order. He placed it in front of Hongbin and patted his shoulder. Hongbin shook his head, no. The owner then gave a comforting smile at his favorite customer. “Don’t worry. She’ll be back in what? Two or in three days. You’ll be fine.”

 

Hongbin smiled back and went on to eating his breakfast. After he was done, Hongbin thanked the owner and paid him. The owner gave him free coffee and donuts, a usual thing that the owner does. Coffee for Hongbin. Donuts for her. “Thanks.” You would’ve snatched the donuts from me right now if you were here. Hongbin smiled to himself. Just then, his phone buzzed. He pulled it out from his pocket and saw a text from you.

 

Hongbinnie~ how’s your day? I’m doing fine over here. Wish you were here with me >.<

 

Hongbin chuckled and replied quickly. You never ceased to leave a day without texting him and it always make him feel better. After hitting send, Hongbin went to his car and headed straight to his workplace.

Hongbin was an editorial photographer. He was known for his unique and artistic style and that resulted him receiving many calls from magazines, brands and celebrities. His job was nothing special for him. He just loved taking pictures and somehow the people loved it too. By the time he had arrived, Hongbin parked his car in his usual spot, the one nearest to the door, and went inside the beautiful structured four story building.

He walked casually and greeted some of the staffs. The building was owned by a small agency of photographers. Hongbin is one of the co-owners. He arrived in his office and went on with his work. Since there were no clients as of the moment, he indulged himself in editing some of the photos he had taken with his previous client. His days went on like this. Wake up, fix yourself, eat, work, eat, home, rest, sleep. It was his everyday cycle after you left. Frankly speaking, you didn’t want to leave Hongbin alone in your shared apartment. Being a photographer like him, Hongbin understood your job and the reason why you were always weren’t around.

It’s because you were a travel photographer.

 

Hongbin loves you but hates your job. He didn’t want you go roaming around the world alone. He didn’t want to be left alone. Call him clingy and needy but that’s what he was with you. He was somewhat lost when you weren’t around but he tried to be as understanding and supportive as possible.

It wasn’t long when Hongbin found himself finished with the editing of his works. Time flies fast when I work. Hongbin sent the edited photos to his clients via email and left work since he was done for the day. He exited the building and drove to an all familiar place to both of you. The park. It was a habit of yours and Hongbin’s to stroll around the park and enjoy the view. Each day had something new and the two of you would go around endlessly with your nonsensical talks. Unfortunately, it was just him walking these strolls for the past month. Feeling emptier without you by his side, he decided to call you.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey, it’s me—“

 

“Just kidding! I can’t answer your call right now. I’m probably busy or sleeping or with Binnie or sleeping.” You giggled. “Leave your message after the beep. BEEEEEP.”

 

Hongbin chuckled. He remembered watching you record the whole thing. The two of you were eating breakfast in bed. After a night of drinking booze and a whole crazy night, Hongbin bought your favorite coffee and toast at the local coffee shop just downstairs of your shared apartment since you were too…sore. Hongbin returned home just in time to find you recording it. You were cute wearing his shirt that looked too big for your size.

 

“Hey.” Hongbin started. “I’m here at the park right now and you’re missing a whole lot of things. The leaves have finally turned red…the birds still eats that old lady’s bread…I miss you.”

 

The sun just had set when Hongbin found himself back in the apartment. He pulled out his keys and opened the door. Silence and a faint scent of your perfume welcomed him. He laughed at himself. I must be going nuts. Just then, the lights switched on. “SURPRISE!”

 

There you were, standing right before him. You had your arms spread wide in a welcoming gesture. You smiled widely. “Welcome home, Hongbi—“

Hongbin rushed to you and wrapped his arms around you. You giggled. You could feel him tightened his hug. His head resting on your shoulder. “God. I missed you so much.”

 

“I missed you too.” You whispered and smoothed the back of his head. It’s been a month since you’ve last seen him but it actually felt like it had been a year or so. He released you from his embrace but kept his hands on your arms.

 

“When did you come back?”

 

You winked. “Just a while ago. I wanted to surprise you.”

 

“I thought you wouldn’t be back until—

 

“I can’t help it. Plus, I’m already done with my work. So why wait right?”

 

Hongbin leaned in and give you a soft kiss on the lips. He smiled shyly, dimples showing. “Well you did surprise me. I’m really glad you’re back here with me.”

 

You rested your head on his chest. You could feel his heart beating. Ah you really missed this. You looked up at Hongbin and noticed a slight blush tinted on his face. You smiled softly at him. He was still the same shy Hongbin you met not so long ago. “Same. Say, do you want to go out and eat our favorite Chinese food? I have so much to tell you.”

 

Hongbin smirked. “I have a better idea.”

 

You asked him about the idea he had in mind. He leaned down and whispered. You stifled a laugh. Now it was you turn to blush. He really did miss you. The two of you stared intently, him waiting for you to answer but who the hell was he kidding? He wasn’t going to wait for your answer at all. He lifted you swiftly off the floor. You gently placed your arms around his neck and kissed him.

 

“Chinese food can wait.” He teased.