Leo - Coffee and Tea

Fantasia

1. Coffee and Tea - Eddy Kim and Solar of Mamamoo

 

You woke up and found the other side of the bed empty. Taekwoon didn’t wake me up again. You stretched your limbs outward; feet poking out of the white blanket, arms pushing a few strand of hair covering your face. You yawned, rising to a sitting position. You blinked, adjusting your eyesight from the hint of sunlight coming from the glass window. Your eyes searched for him but he was nowhere. You ran your hand through your messy bed hair and reached for the electric desk clock and discovered that it was early for anyone to get up, given that it was a Saturday. You pulled yourself out of bed and went straight to the bathroom connected to the bedroom. You splashed cold water on your face and dried with a small face towel. You tried taming your bed hair but it did no good. Oh whatever. You walked out of the bathroom and bedroom, the aroma of your favorite tea welcomed you. You smiled. As always, he makes me tea first. You headed to the kitchen and found him there cooking breakfast; your tea already brewing and him cooking by the stove.

His raven hair was the same as yours, pointing in all ways. He wore nothing but a gray terry lounge pants—his usual state every morning. God, you loved seeing him in the morning. You quietly tiptoed your way behind his back and slowly wrapped your arms around his waist. You rested your head on his back, his scent lingered. You know you will never get enough of him. Never. He looked back and chuckled, “Morning.”

 

You giggled, releasing him from your sudden embrace and gave him a peck on the cheek. Having a small stature compared to his tall one, you always tiptoed and he always found it cute. “Morning.”

 

“Morning. What do you want to eat for today?” he asked with his sweet and soft voice, clearing the pan he just used in cooking his scrambled eggs. You passed him a plate you got from the shelves and he thanked you, placing the cooked eggs on the plate. You grinned, “You know, the usual.”

 

He nodded and grabbed a cereal box from the counter and poured it on a bowl. You, on the other hand, pulled out the ground coffee beans from the cabinet and started making brewed coffee. His favorite.

This was your usual routine every morning with Taekwoon. The mixture of both your favorite Earl Grey Tea and his brewed strong black coffee lingered in the room. You fixing the table for both you and him while he cooks.

 

“What time are you coming home later?” Taekwoon asked, putting the cereal bowl on the table while you poured milk on it. You thought about your schedule for quite some time; being a teacher at a primary school was a bliss but sometimes you had it hard. Nonetheless, you enjoyed you work. You smiled and told him that you were coming home earlier than usual since it was foundation day of the school you were working in. Taekwoon smiled back and petted your head. “Okay. Just give me a call and I’ll pick you up.”

 

You nodded. Taekwoon was a veterinarian and had a clinic of his own and so that gave him control of his time. You stared at him while he was busy cooking toast for the two of you. You reminisced the day you had met him. You never expected to have him as your significant other, knowing that you two started as friends. It was quite a cheesy and sappy romance drama when you and Taekwoon found out to have mutual feelings with each other. It was the best day of your life but of course, nothing can compare to the mornings you experience with him. Taekwoon snapped you out of your daze with a soft kiss on your forehead. You noticed that he was already wearing a plain white shirt. When did he wear the shirt? You don’t know. Too bad you won’t get to see him in his previous state anymore. “Breakfast’s ready. So quit staring.”

 

You apologized and went to the counter where his brewed coffee was already done. You took out his favorite mug and poured coffee in it. Taekwoon stood next to you and did the same. He took your brewed tea and poured it in your favorite mug as well. Black and white mugs.

 

“Here you go.”

 

“Here.”

 

You and Taekwoon exchanged drinks and took careful sips. The tea was done perfectly to your liking, you can’t help but take a few more sips. He leaned on the counter, mug on his hand, and beamed at you loving the sight before him. “I really like seeing you wear my shirts.”

 

You blushed, realizing that you slept wearing his shirt that is too loose for your body. You said, “Your shirts are comfy…and it’s yours.”

 

“Of course it is.” He teased.

 

“Whatever.”

 

Taekwoon smiled. His smiles are to die for. You have never seen a more genuine smile on others.

 

You and Taekwoon then moved onto the table where you were greeted by the breakfast Taekwoon did—scrambled eggs and toast for him, cereal and toast for you, and a few sliced fruits. Your mugs stood next to each other on the table; you two sitting facing each other and eating breakfast. Definitely enjoying the quiet atmosphere, no words were exchanged but a few gestures here and there.

Touching of hands.

 

Wiping off traces of grease or milk on the lips.

 

Shy smiles.

 

 And small talks.

 

This is how you and Taekwoon go about with your mornings.

 

Coffee and Tea. With a hint of Taekwoon's cute side.