Phenomenon

Paper Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- S E H U N -

Sehun didn't react. He wanted to know more about the ghost boy (that’s what he called him in his head due to the pale skin and gloomy expression) but didn’t care enough to pursue the impulse. That was his main problem, according to his mother at least. Beautiful mind, but no motivation.

Beautiful.

Sehun had conflicting opinions about that word. Many threw it around in casual conversation as an empty compliment, the same went for love, but the boy saw it as something with great power and influence.

 True beauty was hard to come by, and societies standards had degraded the word to simply being aesthetically pleasing to the eyes when it was so much more than that. It was more dazzling, more stunning, more everything than anything a person could imagine. True and honest beauty was something beyond beautiful. It couldn’t be described in something as mere and frank as a word.

Therefore, Sehun had come to a conclusion. There were many beautiful things, but there were only a select few that couldn't be described. They were worth more than words, couldn’t be captured and were worth nothing less than a pure and raw feeling. 

Alas, he had yet to view a sight that couldn’t be summarised in comprehensible language. In his 19 years of life everything up until this point had been standard. There were many pretty people, beautiful personalities and dazzling landscapes, yet he had failed to encounter the thing that caused his jaw to drop to the floor.

Maybe he was just a romantic.

That boy, however, was not beautiful. He was simply mysterious, but that dark aura that surrounded him made Sehun want to strike up conversations about everything and anything that came to mind.

The young boy stood by the empty park bench until the stranger had walked the path and turned the corner. There was something about the way he carried himself that piqued Sehun’s interest. It was an arrogant stroll, yet his eyes gave another depiction of his confidence levels. They didn’t look scared or hopeless, nothing like that.The black holes merely displayed a little bit of creeping… sadness? Anger? Sehun couldn’t tell, but, whatever the man’s true emotion were, Sehun wanted to know.

“Why do I feel the need to ask questions when the perfect moment just passed?” He muttered to himself as he reached the end of the park. 

---

“I think you’re looking into it too deeply,” Baekhyun whispered, as the librarian passed by them with a stern look on her face.

Sehun regularly spent his afternoons with Baekhyun. It was always the standard two-hour study session at the library before Chanyeol showed up and pushed them towards the eldest boy’s place for dinner. It was a tradition that had stayed with them since the first week of university. They were older than him but had come from the same high school. Sehun was the type to  instantly cling to the familiar faces and they had a hard time trying to get rid of him and his blank, yet lovable, face.

“I’m not looking into it. I was just observing.”

Baekhyun sighed, closing his economics textbook. “Then why have you been talking about that drug addict for almost an hour?”

“Hyung, it’s only been twenty.”

“Feels like an eternity. Why didn’t you just ask him out?”

The boy didn’t think his interest was romantic in any way. Ghost boy had the potential to be very good looking if he cleaned up a little, but Sehun wasn’t dwelling on that. He was more concerned with the drug problem.

“Do you think he’ll end up on the streets?”

“Does it matter? Unless he lives around here I doubt you’ll see him again,” Baekhyun motioned for him to get his stuff. “Enough about him for today Sehun-ahhh. Chanyeol gets off of work early today so we’re meeting him at the apartment. ”

“Okay, but one more. What if I do see him again? He looked really familiar.”

“Then you see him and walk away. If you walked up with that stoic face of yours, he’d probably think you’re a stalker.”

They laughed and packed up their things. The two boys shortly got up and made their way towards the door in silence, hoping to avoid the glance of the grumpy librarian. There was always something a little bit off about her that gave both boys the creeps. She hadn’t done anything, but just her presence was enough for them to pray she wasn’t working while they were studying.

“I wonder what she has against us?” Sehun laughed quietly as they safely reached the outside world. 

“I don’t think we’re the problem. Have you ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter