Obtrusive

Paper Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- L U H A N -

 

What the actual .

To say that Luhan was a little bit put off by the tall boy was an understatement. He was used to paparazzi and crazed fans, but never before had he been stalked in such an… unusual way.

When they had met in the park, Luhan had put him down as harmless; just an innocent boy who happened to strike up a conversation with the international sensation Luhan. It could happen to anyone. He had even crossed off showing up in his apartment building as innocent. He knew that his neighbour was a young boy who went to the university nearby, so it was a good alibi.

But walking behind him for over forty-five minutes showed Luhan that he had been incredibly naive. Being out of the spotlight had dulled his senses, however, a little part of him was glad that the paparazzi still deemed him worthy enough to get a personal shadow.

“You’re awful at this aren’t you?” His feet never stopped moving, and he didn’t bother turning around.

“Bad at what?” The voice was shaky and came from a fair distance behind the star, as though the boy was scared to get any closer. Amature.

“If you’re going to tail me, at least do it properly,” Luhan said, stopping. Turning around, he put on his best smile and faced the boy. “What’s your name kid?”

“S-Sehun. Oh Sehun.”

“Well then Sehun-ah, let me give you a few pointers. First of all, the official colour of stalkers is black. I look like a better stalker than you right now, so please, keep that in mind for next time. You have to take this seriously if you want to be a professional.”

He took a few more steps, closing the distance between them.

“Second, you’re too close. You think you’re far, but you’re not.” Luhan was now inches from Sehun’s face, so close that he could see every detail of the younger’s face. “ Thirdly, showing up at my place this early in this game was a colossal mistake. Gave you away instantly. Now, how about I give you an autograph and you give that to your paper yeah? You look like an amateur, so you probably won’t get fired. Aren’t I so kind? Mention that in your article.”

The boy didn’t respond.

Luhan didn’t move from his position. Closeness always made them feel inferior, and there was nothing he loved more than having the upper hand.

“Well?”

“I’m not a reporter.” Sehun had seemed to regain himself, and he took a step backwards, though the look of fear didn’t leave his eyes.

“Crazed fan, reporter, paparazzi, it’s the same thing. Autograph or no? I’m not going to ask again.”

“Autography? Fan? I’m not your… fan. I don’t even know you.”

The light haired boy laughed. “I don’t know about you, but I don’t get acquainted with people by silently creeping behind them in the middle of the night.”
“If you were famous that would make sense,” Sehun replied confidently, taking a step closer to the boy. “But you’re not. You’re just… wait, I didn’t catch your name.”

His skin was tingling. The words said by the boy in front of him prickled his arms and ran shivers down his back, causing him to stumble a little as he moved backwards. Luhan craved attention too much not to become affected by those words. He lived off of compliments and praise, but hearing that he had gone unnoticed throughout their entire encounter was enough for the wisp of confidence he had left to disappear.

“Luhan.”

“Like the celebrity? Original.”

“In the flesh.”

Silence.

“What?”

The boy grinned bitterly. “Luhan. The Luhan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter