Oscillate

Paper Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- S E H U N -

“I can’t believe you thought I kidnapped you,” Sehun said while pouring freshly-made coffee into two mugs. “Especially since I was gracious enough to invite you to my place. How can you even leave your house without your keys?”

Luhan sighed and took the mug from the boy. “I was in a hurry. And don’t yell, my head hurts. Forget kidnapping, did you poison me?”

It was Sehun’s turn to sigh as popped two pieces of bread from the toaster. He had been the one questioning whether or not the bitter boy should drink four packs of soju alone, so actually, he should be seen as the guardian angel.

“You did that to yourself. Do you usually have one man drinking fests?”

Luhan didn’t respond. Sehun took that as an answer.

“Why?”

The boy merely sipped his coffee and motioned towards the toast. “I don’t think bread can butter itself.”

---

An hour later and Sehun found himself nervously standing at the front door of his parent’s house. He had promised to drop by around noon, but, due to unexpected circumstances involving a hungover boy, it was now four o’clock in the afternoon. 

Sehun tried to push Luhan out the door, but the older male claimed that he would have nowhere to go since he was supposed to get his key later that afternoon. It was unusual for him to agree, seeing as Luhan was still a stranger albeit a familiar face, however, he doubted that a famous star would want anything with his humble abode. The most expensive thing he owned was his PlayStation, but judging by the apartment building Luhan lived in, he could probably hire out an entire stadium to play Mario Kart. 

“Good, we thought you died,” His father interrupted his thoughts by swinging the door open. “Your mother almost let me eat all the bibimbap, but looks like I’m out of luck.”

Laughing, he embraced his father. He hadn’t seen them since his brother’s wedding, almost three months ago, even though they only lived at the opposite end of the city. “Nice to see you too Appa. Have you heard from hyung?”
“He’s doing well. A bit homesick.”

Sehun had always been close to his brother, so it had been hard on him when he made the move to Japan. “Will they come to visit after the baby is born? Or can we go to them? I’ve always wanted to see Japan.”

Laughing, his father put his arm around his son. “We’ll see. But first, you must eat. Your mother’s going to think you’ve been starving cooped up in that apartment of yours.”

Dinner passed with lots of conversation and laughter. He had always been close to his parents, seeing as they had never been very conservative and did their best to accept their children’s decisions. Therefore, their conversations were usually highly enjoyable, with every meal ending on a high note.

He bade them goodbye, promising to visit next month, and made his way home.

What he hadn’t been expecting, was someone lying in front of his door with a joint in his hand.

“You took long.”

“I wasn’t expecting anyone when I got back.” Sehun didn’t mind, though. Luhan’s company was always enjoyable, even though he was grumpy on the outside.

“Can I stay here?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because even though you’re dark and mysterious, I’m crazy if I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter