Pulchritudinous

Paper Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- L U H A N -

Luhan was beautiful.

From his sun-kissed hair to the cheeks that puffed up with every smile, he was the most beautiful being many abroad had laid their eyes on. The innocent boy image with the ever so shy grin caused him to win over the hearts of girls across the nation. They loved him. They adored him. They wanted more of him because Luhan was nothing short of breathtaking.

Then one day, he wasn’t.

As the star fell deeper and deeper into the fame game, he got lost in the screams and the chants. Beauty turned to confidence which morphed into arrogance, causing brawls in bars, eye rolls during interviews and turning down movie offer one after the other.

His sun-kissed hair turned into a lifeless brown, his smile was dull and his face was as ordinary as any other nobody you passed on the street. Bags formed under the boy’s eyes and they sunk into his head like black holes. His skin was no longer smooth, but dry with chapped lips to match.

Luhan looked like death and smelled like smoke. Maybe that’s why Sehun confused him for a homeless person.

“Are you hungry?” The boy’s breath mingled with the frosty air as he stuck out his fresh pork bun.

The fallen star didn’t notice. He was too lost in his thoughts to pay attention to his surroundings.

Sehun cleared his throat. He waved the bread around his face. Nothing.

“Hello? Mister? Are you hungry?” His voice was louder this time, more demanding. 

The boy on the bench looked up, surprised, and took one earbud out of his ear. The surprise quickly turned to anger. “What?”

“I was asking if you were hungry.”

“Stranger danger. Go away.”

“But aren’t you hungry? I saw a documentary on a homeless man once. Must be rough.”

Silence.

“You think I’m homeless?”

Unlike the boy’s assumption, he did have a rather nice home to go back to. The problem was that he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter