Ch6

A Fate Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey, so it took me forever but i FINALLY finished it!!!! YAY!!!

BREAKING NEWS

After over 4 months of dating, Exo’s Xiumin and Mamamoo’s Moonbyul end their relationship. Both idol companies released a statement about the famous couple calling quits to their relationship due to the heavy schedule they had on their shoulders. Click below to read the…

 

Moonbyul didn’t need to read more to know what the rest of the article was saying. The news were very recent, and the company statements were release just yesterday making it in the morning tabloids like the most important news of the country.

She didn’t even bother to read the comments down below, it had hurt enough with her own personal life to try to live upon people’s extreme expectations of her. She was so done pleasing fans that didn’t even consider her a human being capable of loving someone.

The last though left a bitter taste in and an ache in her heart that she tried to swallow down, it wouldn’t be any good if she got all mopey now. She couldn’t throw away the sacrifice Minseok and her had made at breaking up, she had to live better now so the regret for both of them won’t become a what if in the back of their minds.

They had tried.

They were not ready.

It had not being enough.

Moonbyul closed the tab in the search section of her cellphone, and went to her texts. There was none of him. It was shocking how used she had got to text daily and the gap it left was bothersome. She felt an itch to write, indeed she was typing something to him the delete button soon erasing everything.

They had a clean end. It had been something they had both agree on she had no right to start a new page in a book they had both decided to left aside.

‘’Byulie unnie are you all right?’’ the maknae asked in concern and she forced a smile on her face, she hoped it didn’t look too false.

‘’I´m fine, just spaced out’’ Hwasa bit her opened to say something but closed it after. She knew her maknae hadn’t buy it and was grateful she let it go.

‘’I’ll tell stylist unnie to fix your make up it´s running a little. We have to eat ice cream tonight though we´ve been postponing it a lot’’

‘’Thank you’’

 

***

 

Promotions were always a race against time. It was extremely consuming and exhausting but she couldn’t love them more, just doing the thing she loved the most in front of the ones that appreciated her and seeing the friends in the other groups that she barely got to see out of the group chats.

Six months flew away rapidly bridging with it the end of the year closer, meaning comebacks and performances. Alas, it was not a surprise that Mamamoo was in the list besides their sunbaes for instance, EXO.

Sadly, what people thought happened behind the cameras in the waiting rooms were very misguided. Honestly, it was very rare to meet someone by chance if you weren’t planning it and even more so when all idols were trying to catch up with sleep between schedules.

That’s why when she came out of the ladies room and bumped heavily with the other body she couldn’t believe it. She was swift to apologize and hadn’t seen the other face but she could recognize easily the outfit.

EXO. Her mind screamed and she was afraid to look up and discover the owner of the costume, more so when it could very much be her… well him.

This world couldn’t be so small and cheese could it?

‘’Long time no see Moonbyul-ssi’’ the voice made her look up and bow slightly again, the sigh that left her was difficult to decipher, a mix of relief and disappointment.

‘’Hello Chen-ssi’’

‘’How are you doing? I love your new song by the way, the boys in the dorm left it on repeat everyday, if it wasn’t so good I’d have been sick of it’’ the boy said making her laugh with his comment.

‘’Thank you, we also enjoy your new song, specially Yongsun unnie’’

 ‘’You should visit us more often though, you know we’re friends despite what happened with hyung don’t you?’’ at the mention of Minseok she tensed, she had thought that disconnecting herself from all of them had been for the best.

‘’I wasn’t sure I should contact you all but I’ll have it present’’ she said reassuringly to Chen who had become a nice friend to her and her members.

‘’I know I shouldn’t meddle but how are you coping with everything?’’ she knew that he was talking about her break up and honestly didn’t know what to answer him.

Fine?

She was good she supposed. It was mutual. They had done it for the best and since then their careers had set in a normal pace of overwork and success. She wasn’t dying… yet, she missed him… so much. In busy days and in lonely ones, when she found new music and when important things happened to her, she often glanced to her cellphone to share her stories with him. She had no right to do it and the thought of him, of the boyfriend she had kept for whatever short or long time 4 months were was haunting. Minseok had left a gap in her life that she was finding hard to cover. Not with her members and not with her work.

She didn’t want to share her feeling with Chen, not when he was his best friend, so she just asked something to deviate her from the center of the attention.

‘’How’s he? Xiumin sunbaenim?’’ Chen looked at her with a frown at her admission of her ex-boyfriend. It was too impersonal, too cold and she couldn’t help changing the question. ‘’Is Minseok oppa… good?’’ the name rolled from her tongue like a caress and she knew she was doomed at seeing his worried look.

She cared.

She still had feelings for him and it had been clear to him.

‘’He misses you… like I’m sure you do. You’re both fools’’

 

***

He misses you…

The word wouldn’t stop ringing in her head.

After that Chen and her had parted ways because of the call of the staff but the sincerity of his words burned her.

He misses you…

He missed her. To what extent?

He missed her…

She missed him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter