Ch5

A Fate Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm so sorry for the long delay, please enjoy ^^

‘’They want me to pay them so they’re not given to the press and mounted to SNS. However we know how this work, and I’m not giving them anything. So, I’m glad you’ve come here with your girlfriend Xiumin-ssi, because from now on you have two options. You go public today and try to handle the public or you end this right now and we make a press conference where we claim it was has ended a long time ago and pray your fans believe you’’

 The room got quite after the statement of the imposing figure of SM’s ceo followed by an unexpected roar of undying laughter. Moonbyul couldn’t stop herself, she knew all eyes in the room were trained on her constant cackling but she just couldn’t help it. When she was finally able to control her laughter, she apologized. 

‘’I’m sorry Sir, it’s just that you’re very intimidating. I know this is very serious though’’ she added controlling her facial expression and feeling embarrassed. ‘’I think there’s not much to think though, at least from my part.’’ ByulYi was nervous though, she could talk about herself million times but if she was truth to herself the one really in a losing situation was Minseok oppa, not her. Her feelings were not put down however.

‘’She’s right, the answer is very easy Sajangnim, we’re going public’’ he answered smiling at both.

‘’I know we’ve put you on a very compromising situation Sir, yet I’m sure our Sajangnim will be of most help in anything you need. And I promise you besides these photographs there’s nothing else to be worried. I’ll take responsibility for anything’’

Minseok was awed at the small speech from Byul and felt proud of the girl he chose. In a sense he also felt guilty that she seemed to be the only one talking.

‘’I’ll also take full responsibility Sir’’

‘’Fine. For now we need to cover this mess so this is what we’re doing’’

 

***

 

‘’This feels weird. Do you think they believe it?’’ Byul said taking another sip of her hot beverage.

‘’I don’t know. This seems so much like a publicity stunt I’d say they must think it’s a filming set or something is really going on’’ Minseok said glancing at the small number of people slowly gathering near the establishment they were in. ‘’I’m sorry about this, should we go to another place?’’

‘’I think we should stay here, after all we’re inside a restaurant and they can’t bother us here’’ Byulyi looked over the menu and chose one of the desserts in the menu. She saw the look of concern in Minseok’s face as he glanced once more at the growing crowd.

‘’Oppa’’ she sighed the name and closed her menu gaining his attention. ‘’I know you’re worried, and I know this wasn’t how you wanted things to go between us, honestly this wasn’t what I was planning either. To be honest I hate having to display myself like this, but it was the only option, we made this relationship public and the next step is to show the world how sweet it is, so that we can stop a bigger backlash…’’ she bit her lip slightly. ‘’I’m afraid. However, even if I hate being in the spotlight I think there are some positive things. Like the fact that we’re not acting, that we can date freely despite the schedules and also that with time fans will understand’’

‘’You’re right. I’m being foolish, It seems like I’m leaving you all the heavy weight. I’m sorry that you had to scold me’’ he laughed and opened his menu and hers. ‘’Should we enjoy this date? Let them take as much photographs as they please. I know my CEO said to make this as sweet as possible to win the fans sympathy but let’s forget that and just have a good time’’ Minseok added. ‘’What did you choose? I think I’ll have a cheesecake’’

‘’I want to try this strawberry cake.’’

 

***

 

‘’Before we end this interview, I’d like to ask a question to Xiumin-ssi’’

By the prying face of the MC and the pressuring ones from the staff crew, he knew what kind off question was coming, and he wasn’t wrong in his assumption; this was about his girlfriend, about Byul.

‘’Xiumin-ssi, you’ve been dating Mamamoo’s Moonbyul for over 4 months. How do you feel about it? And how is your girlfriend doing, is she good enough?’’ Minseok wanted to glare at the MC for such a question however, he faked a smile. The question was not scripted and he had no need to answer it, but asking him if Byul was enough or not? Wasn’t that offensive?

‘’How does this have to do with our promotion?’’ he said lightly trying to change the topic so the show could end.

‘’Everyone is so curious, can’t you give your fans a little glimpse of your situation, or is it not going well?’’ the MC pressed and he fisted the hand that wasn’t in the camera view. How dare he mentioned his fans? If he didn’t answered then it was as if he was ignoring his own fans.

‘’We’re both doing fine and working hard in our promotions.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter