Chapter 7. Commence

Can you see the snow?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 7. Commence

 

It seemed silly, to doubt that angels exist, when one had already met the devil.

He was an actual angel, was the first thought that came to Kira’s mind when she recovered her vision from the blinding flash of light. For there was a man embracing her brother, using his white feathered wings to conceal the both of them from Yue’s spell. He had long almost elvish ears and his hair was long and silver. He had no shirt on and was only wearing a pair of white leather pants, for a top would have hindered his massive wings. As he slowly stood up and stepped away from Chanyeol, the angel turned around to face Yue, sizing her with his piercing blue eyes. Even with these strange and unfamiliar features, Kira could still recognize those handsome features.

The angel was Baekhyun. And he was furious.

Kira was torn between feeling utterly shocked and being in awe of his beauty. The same thoughts must have crossed her brother’s mind, for his expression was identical to hers. Chanyeol’s mouth hung wide opened as he took in the fact that Baekhyun had just saved his life, that Baekhyun had been his guardian angel.

The whole world seemed to have frozen, and this time Kira was sure it wasn’t Xiumin. Everyone was caught off guard by the sudden appearance of the angel. From the faces of the vampires, none of them knew what to make of this creature. But from Yue’s terrified expression, she knew full well what he was.

“A guardian.” She heard Yixing’s relieved whisper. “He had finally surfaced.”

What’s a guardian, Kira had asked out loud but Yue’s response interrupted Yixing's response.

“It can’t be…” There was real fear visible in Yue’s dark eyes as she took in the angel's sudden appearance.

A small smirk broke out on Baekhyun’s flawless face. “Hello Yue.”

“No. There shouldn’t be a guardian here.” Yue was holding herself steady.

“But here I am. You tried to hurt someone I cared about, Yue. You will hurt no more innocent lives. This is now a fight between a keeper and a guardian, that’s how it always should be.” Rage danced in Baekhyun’s striking blue eyes as his voiced echoed around the group.

Yue scoffed at him. “I have taken down guardians before. It will be unwise for you to challenge me.”

“Likewise, it will be unwise for you to underestimate me. You have been weakened, while I have just been awoken. This will be easy, even with your shadows’ help.”

With a forceful , Baekhyun’s wings lifted him into the air. He flew over Yue and casted offensive spells towards her which she failed to defect. The berserker roared in pain as Yue screamed in pain. Swiftly, the 3 vampires jumped onto the berserker to hold it down to prevent it from aiding Yue. Frowning in concentration, Yue returned the attack which Baekhyun easily blocked with his wings. As he attempted to keep himself in the air, Yue created a thick and heavy cloud of smoke that formed into a shape of large hand that curled around the guardian menacingly.

Before the smoke could fully suffocated Baekhyun, Kira took aim and fired once towards Yue, causing her to drop to her knees. As Yue angrily glared at her direction, Xiumin had appeared out of nowhere, blocking Kira from Yue’s view. From the back, Kira saw Xiumin’s whole body tensed with focus as he directed a large amount of snow to hold Yue down.

As Baekhyun escaped from the dark smoke, he landed just beside Yue. Kira had never seen him so furious before, and even she was fearful of her own friend. With one last angry look at Yue, Baekhyun forced his palm onto her disfigured face. Light seeped through his fingers as Yue struggled helplessly to pry his hand off her. He held on to her against all her attempts. It was like he was forcing the light to enter Yue and burning her from the inside out. Cracks appeared on her body as the beams of light escaped from within her. With a loud echoing screech, she shattered into a sea of sand, disappearing with the wind.

Yue was gone.

 

 

There was no time to celebrate. There was no space in their heart for joy. For their friends had put themselves in harm's way and Kira’s heart was heavy with worry. The second that everyone was sure that Yue had lost, Xiumin had turned away to join Yixing’s by Suho’s dead body. Sehun was staring oddly at the kitsune, that was still barely breathing. Luhan stood warily before the berserker as its eyes returned to its original black. Chanyeol had scrambled over to Jongin’s unconscious wolf form and Kira found herself joining him. and placing her arm over her brother. From the light footsteps behind her, Baekhyun had chosen to follow them.

“Baek…” Chanyeol called out weakly. There was visible weariness on her brother’s face.

The guardian shook his head and smiled. “My name is Haru. Baekhyun was a temporary form that I created to recuperate. He doesn’t know about… our real identity. Thank you though, if it wasn’t for you, all of you and your selfless love of Baekhyun, he wouldn’t have felt so strongly to protect you. And I wouldn’t have been able to be awoken when Yue tried to kill you. My apologies for not coming sooner. It’s often out of my control.”

They didn’t really understand him, but the siblings nodded anyway. There would be time, for answers. Right now, Jongin’s fate was more important. Haru caught the worried expression on their face.

“Do not worry about Jongin. A werewolf healed faster than any other creature. Besides, we have a unicorn amongst us.”

He gestured to where Yixing who was hovering over Suho and creating a soft glow around the vampire. There was an estranged cry from Xiumin that attracted both Sehun and Luhan to rush over. For their deceased brother had just taken a large gasp of air, and as Yixing continued to mutter strangely under his breathe, Suho’s eyelids fluttered open.

“Suho.” Xiumin held the weak vampire tightly as the latter looked at his brothers in confusion.

Yixing smiled proudly at his work before turning to heal Xiumin’s wounds.

“He will be fine, with time. Do you still feel shadow magic on you?”

“No. I don’t feel her hold anymore once she was gone.”

“Good. That mean the rest of the shadows should be free as well.” The unicorn nodded.

They turned around to find the berserker, still staying at the same spot, watching their interactions intensely.

At their attention, the berserker removed its mask slowly. Kira wasn’t sure what she was expecting but it was not the face of a calm looking man. He has a sturdy face with prominent big eyes and she was pretty sure she remembered the shadows’ names. Kyungsoo the berserker gave all of them a long look before nodding his head slightly in appreciation. He silently placed the mask back on his face before turning away. The berserker must have realized they had freed him from Yue but he was not staying around to make friends. Building a tunnel underground with brute force, the berserker disappeared from sight.

The unicorn strolled over to the small fox that was still lying weakly on the ground, and cupped its face with his hands. A slow white glow radiated around them again and the fox slowly rega

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter