Prologue

Can you see the snow?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Two months after the events of Minus 347--

Closing her eyes gently, she let the brisk wind caressed her pale face. There was something peaceful about the cold. Her parents had found it amusing, how their son was warm and spontaneous, while their daughter was serene and logical. She felt her chest tightened at the thought of her deceased parents again. It had been two months since that fateful night, but the gaping wound left behind was still very raw.

It may never heal.

But Kira knew life goes on. It would be hard, but she knew things would fall in place eventually. If there was one thing in common between the siblings, one thing that their parents had passed on, was their immense amount of courage. She knew there was no point in living in the past, she knew her parents would want them to stay strong, and to keep on finding things in life to smile about.

And there was one, and he was right beside watching her, with his usual curious cat-like expression.

She had gotten used to that stare, it was easier now, to read his subtle expression. He had found it peculiar, that she had asked him to bring her up to the clock tower in the middle of the night. He had found it amusing, when she had asked if he would make it snow. He had found it incomprehensible, that she would find his powers beautiful. Ignoring his piercing stare, she let herself relaxed with the snowflakes dancing around them. 

“The school is your favorite place in the whole town?” He asked her in his usual soft voice.

“No. Just the clock tower. You can see everything from here.” She opened her eyes to gaze down at the town below them, that was slowly covered in a white blanket.

A doleful look appeared on his pale face. “Do they not look even more fragile and vulnerable from up here?”

“Who?”

He hesitated. “Humans.”

She faced him in surprise. “Vulnerability is nothing to be upset about.”

“How's that?”

Kira bit her lip in uncertainly, attempting to phrase her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter