Chapter 2. Cursed

Can you see the snow?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 2. Cursed

 

Some days you can never forget. Some days stayed with you forever.

It was not the morning he had expected to wake up to when he went to bed last night. Chanyeol was surprised to not find his sister in the house and the surprise soon turned to panic when he realized Kira was missing and her room was trashed. He drove around the whole town like a mad man because he just knew he could not go to the cops. He knew deep in his heart, that whoever took Kira was not human, and Chanyeol soon returned home to prepare himself to go vampire hunting. It was then three pale vampires showed up at his doorstep on their own accords. As if, he didn’t have enough issues at hand, his oldest friend had turned out to be a werewolf.

The sweet and awkward Jongin. Not just a werewolf, but possibly the werewolf that took his sister.

It took a bit of effort to convince the vampires to listen as Jongin told them what happened to him just a year back. Well, unlike them, Chanyeol refused to believe that Jongin was responsible. His friend told them that it all began when he had rescued an injured man off a beaten path on his solitary drive back to their town one eerily quiet night. The strange man had turned out to be a lone werewolf running away from a clan of vampires. The man had most likely infected him with the intention to make himself an ally. The wolf didn’t survive his injuries that night, leaving Jongin screaming alone in the cool night as the transformation overwhelmed him and he felt his consciousness slipped away. Jongin has no memories of what happened after that, but he had awoken two days later, to find himself chained in the basement of the Park’s.

They told him that he was running loose, almost straight into the clan that killed the lone wolf. Jongin begged for them to kill him, when he learned what he had become, and his fate every full moon. But they had faith in the sweet pure-hearted boy they watched grew up. So, he had to learn how to be a wolf in hiding. After three months, he could more or less mastered controlling his wolf self if he turned willingly. But if he lost control and turned, he would lose his human mind to the wolf's instincts. And this occurred if his emotions ran too high, and also during every single full moon. Because every werewolf turned unwillingly during the full moon, no matter how experienced. It was a curse. 

Jongin had no pack to keep his wolf self in check. A lone wolf would always get into trouble. A lone wolf never survives.

They had learned though, the wolf simply followed animal instincts. Werewolves were not like vampires, they did not instinctively prey on humans. They were defensive in nature, and everything they did was to keep their pack and themselves safe. The Parks kept him well fed with chicken before every full moon, before bringing him out to an abandoned house just on the edge of town. On a full stomach, the werewolf was less inclined to escape and hunt. Of course the Parks would be nearby, to trap him again if he attempted to run away. His wolf form started to recognize them though, and was comfortable in their presence. The couple had joked that it was almost like they had gotten a very large pet, and even nicknamed the wolf as ‘Kai’.

He was at least, no longer dangerous. But he wanted to do more. Jongin had gained a large amount of strength and heightened senses from being a werewolf and he asked the Parks to teach him to hunt vampires. They were not exactly receptive, but still, they thought him the theories of the cold ones, and critical information regarding their weakness and their strengths. Jongin had to learned and practice on his own, how to fight and defend himself in human form while channeling the wolf in him. It was much easier to transform and fight in full wolf form but he did not quite trust himself to surrender completely to his animal instincts yet.

If only he had mastered his wolf form completely, then maybe they would have allowed him to join them on their last mission. Then maybe they would not have met their end.

Chanyeol saw the grief in Jongin's face and asked his friend not to blame himself. His parents did not expect Kris’s clan to have a vampire with telekinesis. They had not know that vampires could possess such supernatural powers. Even with their years of experience, they had been caught off guard. Jongin would have been killed that night too, if he had gone.

Chanyeol placed a dry towel over the shivering werewolf to look at Xiumin. His face had been unreadable since Jongin began telling his story. He knew the vampires didn’t want to hear it, but he owed his friend that chance before they accused him further. Before Baekhyun moved to their town, it was just him, Jongin and Kira. He was their oldest friend. And he would never hurt Kira. 

“Yesterday was a full moon.” Suho quietly added as he watched the interaction between the two friends.

Jongin snarled at him as Chanyeol held him back. “I didn’t leave the abandoned house.”

“But it was an uncontrolled transformation.” Sehun continued as he appeared to caught on what Suho was implying. “So you wouldn’t know for sure, would you?”

Chanyeol gazed at the painful look etched on his friend’s face. No, he refused to believed what the vampires were insisting. 

“You recog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter