Chapter2

The only love I knew

Mrs. Jung took a glance at her wrist watch as her eyes followed each and every moment of her son. She had this strange vibe that something has changed her son in past few weeks although she wasn’t aware of that certain something but his bouncy steps, new habit of humming romantic soft melodies, grinning goofily while checking messages every now and then weren’t something he does normally.

“Jung Yunho!” She looked at her only son who was eating his breakfast peacefully across the table.

“What?” he arched his eyebrow and stuff his mouth with fresh strawberries.

“What do you think you are doing?” She questioned him.

“Eating breakfast I guess.” He said normally.

“I can see that. Don’t you think you have something to tell me? It’s been a years since you stopped chasing girls. Even now you don’t have a girl friend. You call off your engagement with Junsu three months ago still you pay her visits every now and then like you are dating or something. Just tell me what is going on Yun?” She failed to hold her urge to know the secret and tried to persuade him with her sweet voice dipped in honey.

“There is nothing between Junsu and me. We are just friends Ma. I like her company so I meet her.” He said casually as he wipes off his mouth with napkin after finishing his juice.

“Really!” Don’t know why but her heart was telling her not to believe him.

“Really. Gotta go Ma. Love you.” He kissed her cheek before dashing out.

“But today is Sunday?” She yelled and heard him saying.

“I know. Bye Ma!”

 

“Hi!” He waved his hand in air and smiled giddily to the girl who was sitting at the corner in the coffee shop. He grabbed the chair to sit on it in hurry. “Am I late?” He questioned her and felt relaxed when she shook her head in denial.” So, what should we do today? Movie, long drive, water park or…”

“Let’s have a chat?” She said gently and he nodded in agreement.

“Okay! So what do you want to talk about?” He held her hands over the table.

“Actually I wanted to answer your question you asked me the last time?”

 

/Flashback/

She took a deep breath before clinching her fist into a ball then spun around and knocked on the car’s window. “Excuse me Mr.,” Her anger burst out when she found a black car crawling on the road along her footsteps.

“It’s Jung Yunho for you.” The glass wall pressed down and a smiley face popped out from inside which only acted as fuel for fire.

“Whatever Mr. Jung! Why are you so stubborn? Don’t you have work to do? I don’t like insincere people.” She rolled her eyes in annoyance then said strictly.

“But I didn’t do anything.” He said innocently.

“Don’t play innocent. You stalked me every evening on my way home.” She complained.

“So you did notice me?” He giggled happily. 

“I do have eyes you know.” She mocked at him in anger. “Listen here! It is a mental harassment. I would really appreciate it if you stop chasing me. Just so you know recently I have set 911 in my speed dial.” She crossed her arms over her chest and said calmly which doesn’t sound like a request to him it was more like a threat.

You are still the same. Fearless, furious yet adorable.”He grinned quietly. “Marry me. He said at once.

“Eh!” She blinked her eyes twice in disbelieve there was a mixture of doubt and concern in her eyes regarding latter’s mental health.

“I said will you marry me?” He repeated.

“Me?” She pointed to herself in shock.

“Who else! Am I talking to the thin air?”

“Sorry!” she muttered and hung her head low while tucking her hair behind her ear but her smile he noticed it without any fail.

“Why don’t you date me first? Try me if I am sincere or not then decide.”

“Aren’t you rushing things? You, I mean we barely know each other and what about your engagement with Junsu. I don’t like two timing.” She said seriously.

Alas! So she doesn’t remember me and here I was making castles on the cloud nine. What I have done wrong in my previous life to deserve this! I am not engaged with her. We were grade school classmates and just met last week after years because of our parents. There is nothing more, trust me and I am not rushing. I have been waiting for this day since forever. Will you give me a chance?” He looked at her with hopeful eyes but she left without saying a single word. That very night he got a message from an unknown number.

Yes

The text said.

He pinched himself after getting that text to check that it was not a dream but reality and then shouted out loud in the middle of the night not only in excitement but in pain.

 /Flashback end/

“Actually I wanted to answer your question you asked me the last time?”He felt all his blood rushing back to his heart. She took a small pause then continued. “As I told you before that I am an orphan and only have a younger sister in the name of family. She is still in university so I am the one responsible for her. You are the best of the best choices for me but I can’t say the same for me. Still… can we go visit your Umma?” she asked him suddenly and he looked at her dumbfound unable to process the whole thing.

“So, is it a yes or no?” He found himself asking in confusion.

“Yes.” She said blushing like a cherry blossoms and he gulped down the whole glass of water in relief.

“Wow! It was more stressful than running in election for US president.” He rose up from his seat leaving her staggered.

“Where are you going?”

“To see my Umma wasn’t it what you said?” He winked to her before reaching out his hand to hold hers.

 

Mrs. Jung smiled at the young couple sitting side by side in the garden while making coffee in the kitchen. They sure look good together chatting and laughing like that. She liked the girl her son bought home. She was shy, gentle and good-looking, it was the type Yunho had preferred in his previous relationships. She found nothing special in her to point out that this is the thing that had captured her son’s heart but surprisingly she felt a familiar vibes from her. As if she knew her since a long time so she took it as a good sign for their blooming relationship. Although she wanted Junsu to be her daughter in law but Jae wasn’t bad either. Moreover Yunho was in love with Jae and was very happy. What else a mother would wish for her child other than his happiness!

 

“Can we stop at the nearby store?” She said out of blue with her begging expression.

“Why?” He slows down the pace of his car.

“My sister, she asked me to buy some chocolates and I almost forgot it. She will kill me for sure if I go back empty hand.” She said tensely.

“Then buy some.” He ruffled her hair lovingly.

“Really! It will take only five minutes, just wait for me.” Her eyes twinkled in happiness. She waved to him while speeding up to the Mall.

 

She picked up the things she needed in the cart and walked to the counter to pay the bills. There she saw a couple at the nearby corner. She blushed to realize that they were actually making out in public place but when she noticed that familiar face she wasn’t happy to see that at all.

She tapped on the shoulder of the messy hair boy to get his attention. The boy turned behind nonchalantly but flinch a bit as he saw her.

“I haven’t seen a jerk like you in my whole life.” Her voice chocked a little “You know what is in this package? It has ingredients for your anniversary cake. She was so happy this morning when she gave me the list but I don’t think she will need it after knowing your deeds. How can you play with someone’s pure feeling for you? Don’t you love her? You are her boyfriend Yoochun.”

“You already have a girlfriend! I hate you.” The girl who was making out with him a few moments ago walked out in anger and it really messed up his mood. He ran his fingers through his messy hair while walking close to Jae.

“I never said that she is my girlfriend. It was her who self-proclaimed to be my girlfriend and no, I don’t love her. Why don’t you try to stop her first, put all your might and if she still came to me then I’ll not be responsible.” He whispered in her ear and chuckled deviously.

“You mother er.” She cursed him. Yoochun moved up his hand in air to hit her but it never reach the target. A hand stopped him in the midway.

“I should have known that you are a walking magnet who love to draw troubles.” He addressed the frightened girl who was still standing with her eyes close, waiting for the hit. “Hi bro! Slapping a girl in public is not a good thing, especially when they are watching everything.” Yunho pointed toward the cctv camera installed in the mall and let go of his hand. Yoochun glared at Jae before leaving and she took a shield of Yunho’s back.

 

“You should have punched him.” She complained him while looking outside the window with a pout. They were on their way to her apartment building.

“But it was you who cuss him first. I was just helping him.” He intentionally.

“What? He deserves it and I am not sorry for what I did.”

“Who is he exactly?” He hit the brake and turned off the ignition.

“My sister’s boyfriend Park Yoochun. Ah! We are already home. Wanna join us for dinner tomorrow? I want you to meet my sister.”

“Sounds good but don’t you have work tomorrow?”

“Nope, I took a day off. I’ll be waiting. Thanks for dropping me. Good night.” She pecked on his left cheek and run inside the building. He smiled and drove off.

 

He was standing in front of Kim sister’s door. A bit nervous to meet his lady love’s only family, her sister. He took special care of his appearance so that she won’t feel disappointed to meet her would be brother in law. Soon he heard faint footsteps which turn louder with passing time. The door opened with a click. He smiled to the expected person standing at the doorstep but her appearance was different, a whole lot different. Messy ginger red hair, black mascara around her big doe eyes, lots of piercing on both her ears, black nail paint. She was wearing skin tight black jeans with a sheer black oversize tee and was looking hot.

“J-Jae!” He narrowed his both brows in suspicion.

“Yes!” She said with y smile making him dumbfound.

***