Chapter1

The only love I knew

A black sedan stopped in front of Kim corp. and a tall handsome man in black formal suit hopped out of it with a big bouquet of fresh red roses. He motioned the driver to move toward the parking lot and sighed heavily when he checked out his surroundings. Red balloons, red roses, red dress, red heels, everything there was red for the day.

“For all 365 days why it has to be today!”He scolded himself in complete annoyance. He took a step forward and then halted on his path “Nope! I can’t do this.” He shook his head in renounce and was about to turn around when the prominent opening theme of ‘Oggy and the cockroaches’ coming from his smart phone echoed the whole adjoining. He irked in his heart but received the call with dampen spirit.

“I told you that I don’t like this then why did you change the ringtone?” he tried his best but the bitterness of his voice oozed out on its own.

“What is wrong with the ringtone? It’s your favorite, mew.mew.mew.mew…” The voice literally sung the theme for him in a calm yet irritating way and he could sense the hidden cunning smile of the caller.

“For God sake Umma! I was four then and now I am already twenty four, a ‘grown-up’ man.” He emphasized the word grown up.

“That is what I have been saying to you that you are not a kid anymore and a grown up need to settle down after a certain time period.” Now she was feeding him his own medicine which sure was bitter.

“Umma! I think I am not ready yet to get married with some stranger. Can I meet her yesterday? Isn’t it kind of awkward to meet her on a valentine’s day! She might have plans for today moreover everyone here is staring at me with a weird smile on their faces as if I am a clown or something.” He came up with a long list of complains as she had expected.

“Not ready yet! You asked for a year I gave that to you. You said you need another month to think about and I agreed and now you are saying that you are still not ready. She is not some stranger she is your childhood friend. Both of you were together in grade school.” She wedged the phone between her shoulder and cheek and answered patiently while applying a coat of wine-colored nail paint in her left hand fingers.

“A grade school classmate! For real!” His brown chocolaty eyes almost popped out from his sockets in shock.

“Until when you are going to take your mother for granted?” She lost her composure at his comment and yelled at him on the other hand he mentally prepared himself to flee to some deserted place for a little while. “Don’t you dare to run off Jung Yunho.” She warned him as if she could read his mind. If you left without meeting her I swear I’ll disown you. Do you hear me?”

“Okay! It’s a deal then I am not going to meet her so you can do as you please. I have my own law firm consequently I don’t need any of your possessions.” He surged his shoulders carelessly since he had the upper hand now.

“Alright if that is what you want. I am going to call our family lawyer and cut off your name from our family register and this time it’s not gonna be a joke Jung.” She threatened him and he had nothing else to do but sigh.

“I forfeit.”

“That’s my boy.” She gently blew over her nails to dry off the fresh coat of nail paint. “Good luck with your date and don’t forget to send me the details afterword. Bye honey.” She smiled in satisfaction after checking her nails. Her mood swings sure were more precarious than the weather of Seoul.

 

The girl on the reception welcomed him with a warm smile. Of course the whole staff of Kim corp. was aware of their soon to be new master’s arrival. Everyone was greeting him in a different way and he hated to be treated like this because it made him feel uncomfortable and unsure. That’s why he didn’t ascend his position as the heir of Jung corp.

In few moments he was already sitting inside his soon to be bride’s office. The office was spacious with few light weight furniture. He quite liked the relaxing atmosphere in there. Suddenly he heard a click sound from his back and a girl walked inside. She was fair skinned not very tall still a complimenting height. He rose from his chair at her arrival.

“Hello! I am Kim Junsu.” She bowed to him with a brief smile but he felt that her smile was not genuine. “How could it be when our marriage is nothing but a big business contract?” He shooed away his thought and responded her smile.

“Pleasure! I am Jung Yunho.”

Both of them sit across the table facing each other in complete silence waiting for latter to start the chat.

“I heard you home schooled to manage your company?” He began with the cliché question related to her work and sent himself a mental slap.

“Yes.” She answered briefly.

“It must be hard for you to handle such big company on your own?”

“No.” He tried to stretch their conversation a bit longer but her small answers were not leaving any chances so he decided to come to the point.

“What you think about it? I mean about this marriage!” He attempted to talk to her in casual manner.

“It’s okay with me as long as you are my Appa’s choice I have no objections?” She gave him a typical daddy’s girl type answer.

For real! Doesn’t she have her own choice? If her father asks her to marry an will she do it then? If it is a forced marriage then you can reject me.” He came up with a proposal.

“As I said, I have no objections but I would like to suggest you the same?”

Wow! I can’t believe it. Is she a robot or something! Is that means you are willing to marry me?” He almost jumped up from his seat.

“Yes, but you have the right to refuse.” She said with flat face.

See, that is the reason why I turned down this profession. I don’t want to turn into a cyborg.” He was so lost in the conversation with his inner self that he didn’t even notice the hand offering him coffee and he yanked it accidently. The shattering sound broke his trance and he saw a girl cleaning his mess kneeling down on the floor. He was about to lend her a helping hand when Junsu excused herself to attain a meeting.

“I’ll be going first. Join me in the hall.” She instructed the girl whose face was covered with bangs and left.

She moved her head in yes and was about to leave when Yunho’s voice made her halt.

“Excuse me!”

She paused at the call without turning back.

“I am sorry I cause such commotion to you.” He apologized with sincerity.

“It’s okay it happens sometime.” The girl turned around and smiles to him and he felt like the whole world stood still for him. Except her everything vanished in front of his eyes and something flashed inside his head.

Rain drops sliding down the glass window.

Soggy shoulder length hair.

Two glasses of soju.

A bag with hello kitty brooch.

And a small note.

As soon as I opened my eyes this morning I mistook you for a ert. The first thing I wanted to do was to wring your neck in your sleep but then I realized that you have done nothing wrong to me. It was solemnly and utterly my fault. I apologize wholeheartly for making wrong impression of you. Thanks for the night.

J

“J!” He murmured the only alphabet under his breath captivated in the moment which has the essence of that one night and had casted a spell on him since last year. Her doe eyes grew wider in shock as she heard him calling her name in their very first meeting although it was mere a whisper and a smile unintentionally reached his eyes.

Is this my dream or she is actually standing in front of me? Can I expect that it is my Valentine’s Day gift?” He questioned his heart.

***

A/N: I forgot to tell you guys that there will be lots of typos and grammatical errors. Hope you enjoy the fic.

Love<3

Tiara

P.s @db5k_cutie I am fine dear sorry for being so late.