Chapter 5

The only love I knew

Jaejoong buttoned up her white uniform shirt when her smartphone beeped to notify a new message. She tapped on it to read. It was Jaejin. It’s been already three and a half month since she moved out of their home she sent her messages everyday without missing. Although she read all of her messages and wanted to text her back but she never replied a single one.

Did you sleep well last night?

Hmm! what about you Jin. Are you eating well?

I dreamed of you. We were laughing and playing at the park where umma used to take us on weekends. We were so happy together but when I opened my eyes you were not by my side Jae.

I also miss how I begin my day with you.

Are you happy with your boyfriend? I wish you guys get along.

May God bless you with bountiful of happiness.

Happiness you say! There is no such thing in this world Jin. I wish I could tell you this in person.

 

/Flashback/

“I hope he like my chocolates.” She smiled at her thought while walking to the door happily with a cute little box of handmade chocolates. She was about to ring the door bell when she heard some unfamiliar voice calling her name from inside.

“Jaejoong! Our junior! Are you guys living together?” the voice asked.

“Hmm.” Another voice just hummed softly in response.

“I think that child really loves you Chun. You should move on bro. Forget her I heard that she is going to marry a attorney,”

“Leave it Joongki!”Yoochun stopped him from saying any more.

“As you wish.” The man named Joong ki shrugged his shoulders indifferently. “So what are you going to do now, you told her to leave her sister and she did as you please?” He said before taking a ship from his can.

“I don’t know. I haven’t thought about it.” Yoochun sighed heavily really unable to express his feelings.

“Are you serious? Man just look at your house it feels like a home now. Bro I am telling you don’t let her go, unrequited love is more precious than gold. You will definitely gonna regret this.”

“But I don’t love her bro she is just another girl for me.” Yoochun said it cruelly without realizing that he wasn’t saying this to just Joogki but Jaejoong was also hearing him from outside. His each word broke her heart into millions of pieces right that moment. Suddenly she found it too difficult to stand there on her legs. She put her hand over to hide her sob and walk away with heavy steps and missed to hear further.

“I tried to make her stop by putting up that condition but I failed. I don’t want to hurt her Joong ki. I still remember what she was like in her freshmen year she changed her self into someone else. Her clothes, her food and her favorites she changed it all for me because she wanted to be like my ex. Because those were the things I like about her. She is too good from me bro. I don’t deserve such nice girl to be honest.” He confessed to his friend unknown to the fact that he just lost the best thing he ever had.

/Flashback end/

 

Jaejoong looked at her makeup free washed fresh reflection in the mirror. Her ginger red hair was dyed back in black with a length right up to her shoulders just like in her university days and her eyes welled up again because of that broken string. It’s been a week since she left Yoochun and shift to a working women boarding house near her working place to start a new. After what she did to Jaejin she was so ashamed to go back home.

“Don’t cry Jae you did a good job. There is no point in giving your all to a dead relationship. Forget him and move on like a brave girl you are. It will hurt in the beginning but then someday after a long, long time when you’ll look back you would laugh on your breakdown.” She cheered up herself right that moment she got another message.

Jae! do you remember what is it today?

What is it? I don’t remember!

I am getting married today. You will come, don’t you?

How forgetful I am! Silly me! How could I forget the day my Jae is getting married! I am such a horrible person. I don’t even deserve your forgiveness and love.

Jaejoong cried her eyes out repenting for her decision due to which she was so distant from her only sister unable to be by her side on the most auspicious day same time on the other side.

 

Are you happy with your boyfriend? I wish you guys get along.

May God bless you with bountiful of happiness.

She sighed heavily after reading her own sent message to Jaejoong. She looked at her image in the mirror. The white gown for her wedding chosen by Yunho really suited a lot despite she wasn’t the one meant for that wedding dress.

 

/Flashback/

Jaejin was sitting alone on the couch watching her pictures with Jaejoong when they still were in their high school. Although they were identical twins with different personalities it was difficult for people around them to identify who is who? They were good in impersonation and always enjoyed this fact by exchanging each other’s accessories, cloths etc. Then one day Jaejoong got caught attending Mathematics exam instead of Jaejin who came under the weather that morning. Since both of them have good academic records Mr. Bi Rain ordered to cut Jaejoong’s hair shoulder length as a smallest punishment being the bighearted principal of Toho Shin Ki and she ran around the school to save her hair since she loved her long black hair but unfortunately she got caught. The picture she was holding was after that incident Jaejin smiled unknowingly as she remembered that thing.

“Missing Jaejoong again!” The velvety voice questioned her as she felt a chin resting on her shoulder she just hummed in response. She moved in with the Jungs as Yunho wasn’t in favor of her staying alone all by herself after that night when a thief broke in her apartment he even tried to harm her but fortunately she was saved by Yunho who reach there in time to pay her surprise visit. .

He took the picture from her hands and looked at it with dreamy smile “I know you will think I am weird to say this but you look cuter than your sister, your glittery marble like eyes, glossy pink lips and those shoulder length hair.”

“But that wasn’t,” She wanted to tell him that the one he was talking about was her sister Jaejoong not she but he changed the topic right away.

“Look what I have bought for you?” He waved a green glass bottle in front of her face.

“Soju!”

“Yup! It will help you release your stress. Umma is not home so we can drink together.” He winked to her who was puzzled to hear his offer.

“But I, How?” She voiced out some incoherent words in confusion.

“I know what you like to do to release your stress. Don’t be shy. It’s fine with me because I like you the way you are. Also I want to live that moment again when we met.” He paused for a moment then slapped his head with a sheepish smile. “Oh yes! You don’t have any memories regarding that night.” He was talking to her continuously but she wasn’t in a state to process any of his chatters.

“All this time he mistook me as her. The one he loves is not me but J-Jaejoong.” As everything got crystal clear to her, she felt thousands of daggers slicing her heart at once. She hopelessly looked at the debonair man sitting next to her suddenly he seems too far for her to lay a hand even on his shadow.

/Flashback end/

 

“I am sorry Jae! Call me pathetic or wicked but I can’t let this happen. This will be the last time I am making a selfish decision for myself. Let me have him I don’t want anything else but him.”

I am getting married today. You will come, don’t you?

She typed that message unwillingly with quivering fingers and tapped on the send button after giving it a second thought.

“Please Jae! Don’t come back. I don’t want you to come back ever! Live your life with Yoochun and be happy. I know I am deceiving Yunho but I don’t want to lose him. I love him Jae, please forgive me this once but I can’t let him know the truth not now not ever.”

Jaejin hold back her tears which was willing to roll down her cheeks with determination.

 

 

It was a tiring day for all the staffs in the hotel. They had arranged five wedding celebration today in last eight hours. Thankfully the last one got canceled in short notice. Jaejoong gathered all her things getting ready to off from work since her shift over by five in evening when someone hugged her from back in a bone crushing manner. Before she could threw a hard punch on the attacker face. A wet voice called her name.

“Jae!”

She turned her head to follow that surprisingly familiar voice “Hyunjoong!” It was the waiter who works in night shift as a part timer in the same hotel as her. He was the first one who talked to her in her first day at work. Although he was one year younger than her yet they treat each other more like friends. It was him who helped her found her current place to stay.

“Jae!” He called her name again and tightened the hug even more.

“Hyun! I can’t breathe. Let go.” She wiggled to free herself from his strong grip and the boy loosen his clutch around her waist.

“I am so happy you are all right. I thought,” He paused and wiped away his tears with smile.

“What?” She asked carelessly zipping up her bag.

“I thought that you are dead. I even saw Manager nim with that lady and her son in black attire they were holding a large photograph of you with black ribbon on my way here.”

Her heart missed a beat the next moment she found herself running in the direction of the said hall.

“I guess it is the same ceremony which got cancel. The management got a sudden request of funeral in the evening after cancellation of pre-booking for wedding ceremony. Poor guy! He lost his bride on their wedding day this is cruel for real, but Jae the bride, you two look identical.” Hyunjoong voice echoed inside her head.

“No this can’t be!” Jaejoong shook her head as she made the turn to the last hallway and a wave of shock hit her when she read the info about the deceased on the screen with her lively picture. She quickly held the wall to stop herself from falling but missed it.

“Jaejin!” her lips called the name but no sound came out. her eyes welled up with unshed tear but she was unable to cry. The only thing she was feeling was emptiness a pitch black void.