Chapter3

The only love I knew

He looked suspiciously at the girl who claimed to be his girlfriend Jae. “Is it even possible? The Jae I dropped home last night can definitely sent shame to angels but this one was capable of turning angels in to devils?”He questioned his heart but nothing came in answer.

“What? Am I looking bad?” She blocked his way and asked him playfully tracing his sharp jaw line with the tip of her long fingers.

“N-no. You are pretty in whatever you wear.” He found his voice wavering for some unknown reason. He wanted to say y but choose pretty to play safe. She had a fit of laughter at his bewildered self.

“Come on in she is in bath.” She tilted her head and motioned him to get inside.

She?” He mumbled to himself in a confused state.

The flat has simple décor it wasn’t stuffy. He was amazed how everything was in it’s right place. “Jae! Your boyfriend is here.” She said it aloud so that her sister could hear her voice besides the shower sound. “Don’t be surprise we are twins, she is ten minutes older but we don’t mind it. Hi! I am Jaejoong, Jaejin’s younger sister.” She bowed to him with a warm smile and somehow he felt his heart lightening.

“Have we ever met before?” He asked her curiously.

“No, Why?”

“It is just this is the first time we are meeting, normally it should be a little awkward but I find it rather comfortable. Isn’t it strange?” He said cautiously unable to understand his own feelings.

“Nope. It’s normal I am usually like this even if I met someone for the first time. I guess you are feeling like this because of our identical face.” She said while tucking her hair behind her ear. The way she did that he lost his composure again.

 

/Flashback/

Someone threw herself on her as soon as she punched the security code and get inside her apartment.

“What happened? Are you hurt anywhere? Did he agree to stop his chasing? Or…” Jae signaled her to stop her blabbers.

“A glass of water please.” She lean her back on the couch to relax a bit while waiting for water.

“Water. Now tell me.” The raven hair girl whined. Jae grabbed the glass and gulped it down in single breath and gasp for more air. She took the raven hair girl’s hand in her hands gently.

“Don’t ever make me do this again. You ruined my hair this time. Got it!”She hissed dangerously.

“Jae!”

The response was nothing but silence. She picked up the nearby cushion and threw it on Jae’s face.

“Ouch! It hurts.” She rubbed her face.

“You deserve that. Yaa Jaejoong! Tell me what happened?”

“First you should be a fanfic writer you are wasting your talent being a mere secretary.”

“I don’t get it.”

“From which point he seem like a thug to you. You pictured him as a rogue when actually he is the lead protagonist, tall, handsome, rich and all. What is wrong with you go to the eye specialist.”

“Have you praise him enough? Now come to the point. What did he said?”

“He said he wants to marry you.”

“Has he lost his mind?” Jaejin huffed in surprise and slumped down right next to her.

“I had that exact thought of yours but then I see honestly in his eyes.”Jeajoong said while massaging her sore heels.

“Then did you say yes?” Jaejin turned toward her and questioned worriedly.

“No.”

“Thanks God.” she took a deep breath in relief as she place her right hand over her chest.

“What thanks God? Say him yes.” Jaejoong threatened her with her doe eyes.

“No way he is my boss’s soon to be husband.”

“He is not engaged.”

“Eh!”

“He refused his arranged date. He wants to date you first so say him yes. If you feel like he is the one then okay but if it turns out the other way you guys can break up.” Jaejoong advised her coolly.

“I am not doing it.” She shook her head in refusal.

“Okay then I’ll do it. Where is your phone?” She open Jaejin’s hand bag and scrolled down the contact list. “Jung Yunho! Jung Yunho! Found it.” She exclaimed in happiness and before Jaejin could stop her she tapped the send button successfully and stick out her tongue to sister who was rolling on the floor in frustration.

/Flashback end/

 

“Hello! Back to the earth Mr. Jung.” She waved her hand in front of the spacing out specialist Jung Yunho.

“Sorry! I was thinking something.”

“Yeah! I can see that. I guess I am pretty boring.” She chuckled and he got knocked for six.

“No. I mean please continue what you were saying.” He said hurriedly not wanting their converse to stop.

“I was saying to take good care of my sister. Sometimes she could be mean and childish. Talk to her with love and patient and she will understand and give you more than you expect.”

The girl was more mysterious than he expected her to be. Her appearance wasn’t complimenting her heart. Her generous nature and clear thoughts made him more curious about her unknowingly. He didn’t realize it but the whole time he was with her he was smiling.

“There she is I’ll be leaving then.” Suddenly Jaejoong left her seat for Jaejin who just came out of the bath looking fresh and beautiful as usual.

“You are not joining us?” Yunho asked her all surprised.

“No thanks I don’t want to be the third wheel between two love birds. You guys enjoy. Bye.” She winked to them and locked the door behind her.

“So! What do you think? Will I be able to get her approval?”He asked her in anticipation.

“Don’t worry. She already had accepted you as her brother in law.” She informed him with a bear hug.

“But I haven’t.” He broke the hug with fake anger. “Why didn’t you tell me that you have a twin sister, moreover identical?”

“Sorry Yunho! I just wanted to surprise you.” She back hugged him and rested her forehead on his back.

“Well congrats because I am surprised but I have some questions.” He turned around and return her hug it was difficult for him to be mad on her for long time. “First, you guys are twin sisters right! You are already working in Kim Corp. but she is still in university. How? You are so simple but your sister is a bit you know what I want to say.” He hesitated to comment on Jaejoong in front of Jaejin. Although she was his girlfriend but she was also Jaejoong’s sister.

“As you already know I am a business major but she choose culinary as her major subject because of her crush who dropped out after sometime meanwhile we haven’t enough allowance and she quit her studies saying that she is bore of attaining lectures they aren’t teaching anything good and all but the truth was Jae took a break for one year to support me financially. She did many part time jobs that time, next year I got job and she passed her semester but she still have to do her internship in some hotel as an assignment.”

“Wow! Your sister is quite something.” He praised Jaejoong.

“I know.” She chinned up with a proud smile “and also has a boyfriend.” She added more.

“That guy Yoochun! Could it be he was her crush? Your sister is so smart then how come she has a jerk by her side.”

“Unfortunately he is the one. It’s a long history I’ll tell you some other time. For now let’s eat.” She breath out heavily then smiled forcefully.

 

Jaejoong entered inside the club ‘No.X’. Her eyes darted from one corner to another in search of certain someone and her face glowed in happiness as she spotted that person having drink at the counter. She struggled to find her way between the swamp of people but finally succeed to reach the man.

“Sorry I am late.” She excused herself breathlessly while grabbing a chair to sit next to him but the man acted as if he didn’t hear her voice.“Chun!” she reached out her hand to touch his shoulder but her yanked her hand harshly. Her eyes got all teary but she held it inside. “What happened? Are you angry? Please say something.” She asked him with concern giving him all her attention.

“Go away I don’t need you pity.” He pushed her coldly.

“Have I done something wrong?” She asked him patiently while hiding her tears.

“Why don’t you ask this to your sister?”

“Jaejin!”

“Have I ever said that I love you? I never deceive nor promise for loving you. I was always open with my relationships with other girl. It was you who came to me knowing it all then how dare she humiliate me in public for cheating on you.” He growled in anger and she felt like everything got blur in her sight. Her eyes were open yet she was unable to see anything. She found difficulty in hearing any voice as her mind took a leap in past.

/Flashback/

A girl was crying out side in the playground but stopped when she got the feeling that she was not alone anymore. She lifted up her head and found a wide forehead boy holding a box of homemade chocolates.

“Take it.” He invited her with a kind smile. “Please!” He insisted while sitting next to her. “If you won’t I’ll take it as my failure.” He added and lean his back on the beach they were sitting.

The girl didn’t say a word but looked at his face with astonish and he found her shocked face adorable.

“Why failure?” She asked innocently.

“It is the first time I try making chocolates. My friends, Over there you can see them right? They said it is the worst chocolate in the world but surprisingly it tastes good to me. So I was just wondering would you mind to taste it for me.” He pointed toward a group of students sitting under the tree and asked her while making a cute puppy face.

The girl picked up a piece of chocolate which had a shape of Mickey mouse and took a small bite of it.

“So how is it?” He asked her with eagerness.

“It’s delicious.” She said without wasting a second with that the boy can’t help but laugh out loud at her white lie.

“You little thing! You sure know how to lie? I know it is bitter actually I forgot to add sugar.” He ruffled her black silky shoulder length hair and revealed the truth. The girl turned red she lower down her head and tuck her hair strand behind her ear to hide her embarrassment but then the boy added some more.

“Sometimes when things got tough on us it’s okay to cry, to lie to ourselves that everything is going to be fine so there is nothing to be ashamed of. Life is just like a chocolate even if it tastes bitter you need to take another bite eventually you will find it less bitter and more delicious so don’t fear and keep making bitter chocolates until you learn the right method to sweeten it according to your taste.” He wiped the traces of tears from her cheeks.

“Yaa Park Yoochun! Meet me after lecture.” The ginger red hair fashionista girl wearing all black shouted at him from distance and he bid his farewell to the fresher with a heartwarming smile.

/Flashback end/

“It is unacceptable Jae.” His piercing cold voice snapped her out of trance.

“I apologize on her behalf. Please forgive me.”Her voice cracked, the pain in her heart was unbearable for her as she hung her head low in front of him. “You were so kindhearted and nice to me that day. Why can’t you be the same as before?” Tears streamed down her cheeks.

 ***