6..

Hovike

Kyungsoo was stunned for a moment. He looked around to see where Cindy was but the voice came from the woman agian, albeit a bit more human. 

"Who?" 

Instead of answering, the woman beckoned him to come closer. She seemed worried about something, and Kyungsoo felt compelled to do what she said. Maybe it was the fact that she sounded just like Cindy. She put a finger on her lips and ushered him into her car. Then she indicated to another man dressed in all black, at the steering wheel, to start moving. Kyungsoo just sat and watched as they pulled out of the building and disappeared into the traffic mid air. He looked around in awe. It was compeltely different experience, watching all the cars from among them instead of from his room. They were so much bigger than the tiny specs he was used to seeing. It was weird and amazing...

"Kyungsoo..."

The boy turned to look at the woman. She was looking at him weirdly. He couldn't guess what was going on in her head. 

"You recognize my voice right?" She continued. Kyungsoo just nodded.. "My voice was used to make Cindy's.. It was one of my wishes that were granted. I hoped that you would grow up listening to it."

Kyungsoo still said nothing, though he felt this heaviness in his heart. It felt like something was in his throat, and his lips were glued shut. It felt like what he was going to hear was maybe something that would make everything...crazy for him.

"This is our first time meeting, so it might be a bit overwhelming for you but please bear with it a bit longer. Let me properly introduce myself. Kyungsoo, I am your birth mother." Kyungsoo just sat there, looking at her. "Interesting reaction... I guess you won't really have anything you can say to me at this moment." She hesitatingly took Kyungsoo's hand in his. "Let me explain. I had you out of wedlock. It was a stupid fling I had out of anger at the puppet type of life I had been forced to live. My husband was one the biggest conglomerates, and my father needed his help to stay afloat. He got wind of this and he tried to hide this from my husband who was also suspecting me of adultery. I wanted better for you, but please understand, this was the only way I could carry you to term. You were like a symbol for me, of freedom and power, and I wanted you to grow up healthy... I requested you to grow up with everything you could ever desire, and Cindy was made with my voice so that you would grow up listening to your mother's voice. Soon, I will take over my father's company, and I have been doing other business on the side. Once that happens, I will come back to you my dear son and we can live free, like we always wished to."

Kyungsoo stared at her.. "So, what does that mean for me and Cindy?"

His mother sighed, "You will have to survive in hiding for a bit and I will come take you back. Here take my card, with this you can call me and I will come find you wherever you are. Till then, I will leave you in the care of one of my guys. You will have nothing to worry about." When Kyungsoo just looked blank, she frowned slightly, "You do understand what I am saying Kyungsoo?"

"...No. What is going on? Why are you acting so... so... uh? weird?"

The mother rubbed her forehead, her eyes started glistening. "I was warned, but it still hurts to look at this. You don't care about me being your mother. No, more like you don't understand this concept. Being raised by a robot only allowed your emotion range to develop very narrowly. You can't understand other emotions when you see them because you weren't conditioned. I should have been more careful." She hugged him. "Sorry my baby, I will let you learn more once we are together again. Just another year."

"Can I go to the lake?" Kyungsoo asked.

She let go and looked at him, wiping her eyes. "What?"

"The lake, I want to go the lake. Where there is lots of trees growing.. and a harbor?"

"I don't understand..."

"Ma'am, if I may, I think he might mean somewhere around byongjo area." The driver piped in.

"Oh, but why?"

"I want to meet someone."

"What? Who? Could it be the person who leaked the video? I guess it would be nice to say thank you. He is our saviour. With his help I could find you again. Very well. I will find you a place close to our saviour."

"Also, Ma'am-"

"You should call me ma"

"..Can I get nini and CIndy back?"

"Nini?"

"My Hovike. I just finished making it."

"I don't know. It's going to be hard. Let me see if my men can sneak it out."

"Thank you Ma'am."

"Ma- sigh.. Do you know the saviour's name?"

"Baekhyun"

"Let me drop you off with your new caretaker. He can take you to Baekhyun once he figures out his location. Be careful though. I am sure that my father and husband will be keeping an eye out for him. If they find you, they might lock you away again."

"Okay."

"... May I kiss you?"

"Huh? Okay."

His mother placed a kiss on his forehead before pulling him into her embrace and squeezing him. "Stay strong Kyungsoo. I will come back."

---x---

Kyungsoo looked at his new house, which his mother had dropped him off at. It was a different kind of place. It wasn't surrounded by glass, and there was more metal around. It felt a bit... constricting. 

"Mr. Do?"

Kyungsoo tore his eyes away from the chandelier above his head to look at his caretaker... a guy named Luhan.

"Those men also called me that. You are mistaking me with someone."

The blinked, his eyes widening a little. "Sorry, I was just surprised. Did no one tell you? Your last name is Do. Which makes you Do Kyungsoo, the son of Do Wheein, my boss, and the grandson of Do Mubong. You are the heir of the whole Do Corporation. The building you were locked away in, Doyun building, belongs to you.. well, your grandfather. Either ways, you being the son of my boss makes you a young master, even if you are supposed to be hidden from the eye of the world and so with respect I need to call you Mr. Do."

"..."

"..."

"..."

".." Luhan sighed. "I need to teach you so much. And I can't even tell if you are surpised or didn't understand a word I said."

"A bit of both."

Luhan chuckled. "Well then Mr Do-"

"Can you please just call me Kyungsoo? It is weird otherwise."

"Okayy. Well then Kyungsoo. Let me teach you of the real world.. and humans."

--x--

That night Luhan tucked Kyungsoo into bed after telling him a few rules he wanted him to follow. One: keep out of the public eye no matter what. Two: Always stay in touch with Luhan using his mobile tracker so that he can get constant updates on his whereabouts. And lastly, in Luhan's own words. "Don't fall in love with me. I already have a sweetheart and I don't do kids."

Kyungsoo nodded his head, "Understood. I will do as told."

Luhan smirked, "You really are such a serious kid. Well, goodnight. Tomorrow we will try to find this Baekhyun kid."


lolol i forgot to update.... so i no longer know what is on here and am too lazy to edit. if it sounds like ... which i remember it did, then please ignore.

Other stories: snow white,   bad kids,   best of best* exo fic recommendations,   Baeksoo oneshot* collection,   you found me!,   Stupid Exo Oneshot collections,   The God of laziness,    ExobendPet boybaeksoo reference listThe mermaid's kiss

Awesome people: Tina08,  PeasentOTP