5..

Hovike

Kyungsoo was so interested in the stranger that he almost missed the ding sound indicating that Cindy was done updating and was going to be up and about soon. He panicked. This was an outsider he was talking to. CIndy hated him talking about going outside, and he didn't know how she would react if she found out that Kyungsoo was talking to a person other than her. In his panic, he asked Baekhyun to go away. A bit confused at the sudden change in Kyungsoo's demeanor, the boy still did as told and left. Kyungsoo let out a long relieved sigh as he slumped to the floor. A few heart beats later, he heard her buzz start again and the next moment she was coming up to him.

"What happened Kyungsoo? Why aren't you dressed?"

"I was just admiring the clouds."

Cindy nodded, ever smiling, "They do look beautiful. Shall we finish today's lecture about quantum physics?"

Kyungsoo nodded and got up to get dressed.

"You like mechanics don't you?" CIndy asked as she watched him shuffle about, getting dressed.

Kyungsoo hummed his consent, "Why are you asking?"

"Well, you have a talent. You designed that engine, and it is a vast improvement on the older models. I guess the smarts run in your genes." Cindy said, smile not changing, before she set up the study materials.

"Run in my genes?" Kyungsoo asked, eyes imploring her to go on, but it was times like these that Cindy's robotic nature prevailed over her person. She didn't notice or ignored the emotional turmoil oozing out of every pore of Kyungsoo's body in favour of her tasks. Not that he expected a response. He never got one and will probably never get one. At least she didn't shut down or something. He was content believing that she was his mother as long as she was there. 

Life went back to normal. Kyungsoo pretended to be okay with his captivity in favour of protecting him from his loneliness and Cindy kept being his companion, teacher, and guardian. All normal... at least it would be if Baekhyun didn't stay in Kyungsoo's mind. The boy who rode his Hovike to kyungsoo's dome kept appearing in his brain again and again. Every time he looked up, he could see the boy's silhouette, reaching out towards the sky. Kyungsoo also reached his hand out, but they always only came in contact with the glass. He couldn't figure out if his fate was kind or cruel to him for leaving him in the presence of such sight. One one hand, he had full view of the beauty aorund him, and was always granted all the information about the world, but he was also disconnected form it. It was like dangling a fruit in front of a starving animal... just away from its reach. Baekhyun, to Kyungsoo, felt like the symbol for freedom itself. He had never seen a soul so unbound, albeit the only other soul he had ever seen, but still. 

Kyungsoo longed to see him again, but at the same time, felt trepidation... As he lay in bed that night, the former seemed to be over powering the latter. After a lot of tossing and turning, Kyungsoo finally managed to lull himself to sleep, by dreaming of himself Hoviking on Nini, alongside Baekhyun. They would go scale buildings together. Kyungsoo would make it possible for the Hovikes to move without the need for buildings, and they would fly into the sky. He could see the smile on Baekhyun's face as he laughed at something Kyungsoo would say. And they would aim to go higher... until Kyungsoo's Hovike would stop working and he would start falling. He was still falling steadily.. Why wouldn't the nightmare end? Kyungsoo realized that he had already woken up from the nightmare, and the feeling of falling was probably due to the fact that he was actually falling. Well, at least the sky seemed to be getting more distant. 

Jumping out of the bed, Kyungsoo looked around in panic. It wasn't like anything was braking or falling, but they were steadily descending. Freaking out, Kyungsoo called for Cindy. When he didn't receive a response, he sprinted downstairs to see Cindy standing attached to her port, unmoving. Kyungsoo ran up to her and shook her.

"CINDY! WHAT IS GOING ON? CINDY PLEASE! " 

Still no response. Kyungsoo, with shaky hands, tried to quickly examine her body for some switch, some malfunction. FInding none, he tried to talk to her again.

"Please Cindy, don't leave me. I didn't even ask to go out. Cindy." He couldn't stop the tears that were surfacing in his eyes, "Please, I am so scared. What is happening?"

The moving floor descended a bit further, but now the floor was separate from the wall which seemed to be getting a bit distant, and light was streaming in from between. Kyungsoo stared in horror as he clung to Cindy. Slowly, the floor stopped moving as it came to a stop in what looked to be a bigger room with extended floor connected to his house's floor. There were light lighting up the extended floor, flooding the whole room with brightness. Kyungsoo's eyes fell on two men, clad in all black, standing, with their hands clasped behind their back. These people were different from Cindy or Baekhyun. They felt cold and scary. 

"Who are you?" Kyungsoo shakily asked.

"We have come to retrieve you Mr. Do."

Kyungsoo didn't know who they were talking about? The only people who lived in that house were himself and Cindy. No Do... And he told the men so, albeit shakily.

Instead of sending them away, as Kyungsoo had hoped, this just made them start walking towards him. Kyungsoo made a mad dash towards his room upstairs. He looked around for a way of escape and his eyes fell upon Nini. If he could just somehow manage to escape on it... As he ran up to his Hovike he saw all his blueprints, arranged in a neat folder on his desk. He picked it up hastily and shoved it under his shirt, tucking it in his pants' belt. Then he hopped onto his Hovike and turned it on. Just as it was starting, the two men caught up and pulled him off of the Hovike. Kyungsoo tried to struggle, all the while asking where they were taking him. All they did was ask a Mr. Do to stop struggling and talk about his relocation to a safer place.

"I AM SAFE WITH CINDY. wait... YOU DID SOMETHING TO HER DIDN'T YOU?"

"She was designed to keep you contained. Her services are temporarily ceased since she is not currently required. After your relocation we can turn her back on." One of the men said as they dragged Kyungsoo downstairs.

"Contain? You wanted to contain me? For what?" Kyungsoo said, still kicking and trying to escape, but there is only so much a 14 year old boy can do against two burly men.

"Orders from above. Do not worry Mr. Do. Your belongings will all be transferred to your new dwelling." The second man said.

"I don't get it." Kyungsoo said, sobbing slightly. He was so confused. Till now he wasn't allowed outside and suddenly two strange men were dragging him away while Cindy sat lifeless in his house. So confused... and scared.

The men dragged him to a set of doors and pressed a button with an arrow pointing donwward. The button lit up and a few seconds later, the doors opened up to a box. They took him in there and Kyungsoo watched as one of them pressed a DR button, which lit up like the arrow button outside the box. It dawned on Kyungsoo that this was his first time seeing an elevator. That means they were gonna take him up or down. the LCD screen showed an arrow pointing down... so they were going to the lowest floor.. 

"Who is the above?" Kyungsoo asked, feeling too tired to struggle. It would be wiser to save his energy in trying to escape when he got the opening to.

The men looked at each other. "The above means the higher ups. Don't worry child. We will were not ordered to harm you..."

"Well then, I would like it if I can go back to Cindy now. Like. Now! And also the Hovike."

"No can do son!"

Kyungsoo sighed and they finally reached their destination floor. As the doors opened, few more men, dressed similarly were standing there. He would have guessed that they were together since they looked similar, but the way the two with him stiffened made him believe otherwise. Four of those men advanced menacingly and Kyungsoo looked at the two worriedly. He still had no idea about what was going on, but he knew one thing. The two who were with him had said that they weren't gonna hurt him and he didn't know what the new ones intended. Maybe this was a good time to make a run for it. Thankfully, the two men stepped forward, giving Kyungsoo the chance to sneak away as they spoke to each other. As far as he was concerned, he wasn't gonna believe either group.

"What are you guys doing here? This is not what he wanted." One of the two men spoke.

"We don't answer to him. She is our boss and we follow her orders." Someone from the other group answered.

These were the last words Kyungsoo heard as he ducked behind the pillars there were and ran to hide in between the cars there, trying to scout out an exit.

"K-Kyungsoo?" 

He felt relief wash over him when he heard Cindy's voice. She was okay. Kyungsoo happily turned around to face her, but instead saw a woman staring at him from a car.


Hey! So, more.... i need to be more patient before i start posting stories... but what can i do? I get easily excited. that being said, i feel like posting another oneshot T^T

Other stories: The Personal Assistant,   bad kids,   best of best* exo fic recommendations,   you found me!,   Stupid Exo Oneshot collections,   The God of laziness,    Exobendbaeksoo reference listsnow whitePet boyThe mermaid's kiss

Awesome people: Tina08,  PeasentOTP