3..

Hovike

The glass dome looked bigger and bigger as he drew closer. His heart was beating at an incredible speed. The closer he got, the stronger pull he felt from there. Baekhyun maybe never realized that the dome held such intrigue in his heart just from pictures, and now that he is about to see it for himself, he was feeling dizzy with excitement. All his friends who had been sending words of encouragement before were also holding their breaths now. The drones could not follow him all the way up due to some kind of signal interference, so he was now relying on the camera installed on his Hovike to catch the front angle. The drones were still filming him from a lower height. 

He was almost there..

---x---

Kyungsoo had just finished his exercise, and a simulation of riding a Hovike on his pudh gaming system. It provided an almost read experience in its simulations. Cindy had plugged herself into the wall socket for her weekly update, and maintenance. It was like an afternoon nap, except Kyungsoo could not wake her up for another hour. He didn't like it much but she needed it so... After taking a shower, Kyungsoo went up to his bedroom, . Instead of picking clothes after putting his boxers on, he decided to go sit on his Hovike. The leather seat, the metallic handle, the smell of newness, it all gave him peace. Kyungsoo smiled bitterly to himself. He would never be able to take her out. Maybe he should name her, his second companion, one he could be more honest with... Nini! That's what he would call her.

 His attention was wrenched from the Hovike when he heard a distant buzzing. He walked down to see if it was Cindy malfunctioning. She looked okay. 20% updates complete.. Kyungsoo ran back up to his bedroom and looked in every direction through the dome, but saw nothing. He felt the glass vibrating a little as he touched it, becoming more palpable as the buzzing grew louder. Worried, Kyungsoo stood back from the glass and looked around, waiting for something to happen.

A few moments later, a Hovike appeared from one side, and came to a stop on top of the dome. Kyungsoo fell back on his as he looked up at this incredible view. It was novel, something he couldn't even dare imagine happening to him. There was a person on top his dome. He put suction out and the hovike stabilized on the glass. The person sat atop the glass and stared at the sky, as if mesmerized. Kyungsoo could see his face through the clear glass in front of the helmet. A person who looked like him, made of flesh, not metal, soft orange hair.... Kyungsoo himself felt mesmerized. 

The person whipped out a camera and took a picture of the sky, and then one of himself, flashing a peace sign. He then turned his attention to the dome, and Kyungsoo felt time slow down as he stood up slowly to look at the person, forgetting his state of half undress. Their eyes met and the person's widened, as if surprised by what he saw. Kyungsoo got a better view of his face. His features were... if he dare say.. pretty. Prettier than his Hovike's. The person leaned closer to the glass after getting off the hovike, and Kyungsoo got on a chair to get closer to the ceiling. 

"Who are you?" He asked the person who frowned. Kyungsoo guessed that his sound probbaly wouldn't reach the stranger. He whipped out his hologram board and spoke the question and showed it to the person. The person nodded. He clicked on something on his wrist and next moment, words were flashing back at Kyungsoo.

"My name is Baekhyun! What is yours?"

"Kyungsoo!"

"Hi Kyungsoo."

"What are you doing up here? How did you get here?"

"I was doing a Hovike challenge of scaling the highest building. So i Hoviked up here."

"That is amazing!" Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun in reverie.

"What is amazing is that a person has been living in the dome and no one knew about that till now. My friend said no one lives up here since there is no way to get here. What's up with that?"

When Kyungsoo's big expressive eyes grew horribly sad, Baekhyun panicked, "I am sorry, do you not want to tell? It is-"

"I have always been here. Ever since I can remember. I am not allowed to go outside. I don't know why. I live here with Cindy, my robot and she is the only person I have ever met until today. I don't know how to go out because there is no way out of here."

Baekhyun stood there in shock. He had heard something incredible. A person was being kept captive here since childhood and no one knew.

"That ! I can't even begin to understand how horrible you must feel since I have always lived free." He said, voice hesitant

"May I ask, what is it like where you live?" Kyungsoo asked, stars of curiosity burning in his eyes.

"I live by the lake. Its a bit further away from the downtown, here, but it is nice. Beautiful even. There is a harbor close by that you can access if you go through this area of trees. No one uses it now, but i like to go there every now and then. Not much traffic either.... And you get to see the birds early in the morning. It is also close to the beach... Hey Kyungsoo... Do you mind if I take a picture of you? And I had been recording this. Is that okay?"

"Yeah Of cou- WAIT! I AM ONLY IN MY BOXERS!"

Baekhyun laughed, "That's fine by me if its fine by you."

"Well then-" Kyungsoo began, but panicked all of a sudden. Baekhyun grew confused at the sudden change, but before he could ask, Kyugnsoo told him to get out of there as fast as possible. WHen baekyhun didn't act fast enough, Kyungsoo almost broke down, begging him to leave, and so Baekhyun did. He quickly got on his Hovike and zipped down the building.

It was very very dangerous going down than up. He had miscalculated how much gravity would influence his downward drive. It was hard, very hard to control his Hovike and keep it going down the building, instead of losing connection and falling away into the sky.

His speed was getting faster and faster, and he was finding it hard to control it.

"BAEKHYUN!" Jongdae's voice crackled in his ear "SLOW DOWN! YOU ARE GOING TOO FAST. AT THIS SPEED YOU WILL CRASH!"


Guys, I am mortified at how cheeky and cheezy and sappy this ign story is. It annoys the out of me. But I can't do anything. I feel like i have to be that way to finish it. After all, we must transcend our level of sap every once in a while to accomplish our goals.... nvm. kill me now!

Other stories: The Personal Assistant,   bad kids,   best of best* exo fic recommendations,   you found me!,   Stupid Exo Oneshot collections,   The God of laziness,    Exobendbaeksoo reference listsnow whitePet boyThe mermaid's kiss

Awesome people: Tina08,  PeasentOTP