1..

Hovike

cute

Kyungsoo's youngest memory, if he tries really hard to remember, is that of Cindy cooing at him, while enveloping in some warm material. Who is Cindy? She is his everything, mother, father, family... She is the only person he has ever known. Even her metallic body, so different from his soft fleshy one, doesnt make him feel they are not connected. She says she is a robot, but she is his caregiver. That's all he knows. He hasn't seen anyone other than her. At 4, she is his world. But then she started teaching him things. Alphabets, numbers, games, then words, equations, world, books.... He was 5 when he first realized that Cindy wasn't the world. The books spoke of more wonderful things outside. Fairytales of mystical creatures, and adventurers who battled circumstances to achieve their goals. Cindy had always told him that it was just means to enrich his imagination, not reality. Magic was not a thing, instead, science governed everything. That was when he first gained interest in science. Cindy would help him do small experiments, to entertain him, and teach him about how nature works. He learned about worms, and animals, it was all very interesting.

That was not all. Kyungsoo also started observing his surroundings. Not the place he lived in, but of outside. He lived in a building much taller than all others around, with a glass dome like structure composing of walls all around. It felt like if he just put his hand out, he could touch the sky, grab the fluffy clouds that sometimes drifted above his home. Cindy said it was like a condo. They lived on top floor. This dome structure room held his bedroom, with just a bed, with creamy bedsheets and covers, and a drawer for his clothes, and belongings, in the same colour, right in beside the bed. There was his shelf across the room with books, and toys. A staircase that led down to an area with kitchenette on one end, a bathroom right in the middle and some more space for kyungsoo to do whatever he wanted, but was mainly used by Cindy to make sure Kyungsoo got his exercise. This space was also surrounded by glass on all sides, like a cylinder. This was all Kyungsoo and Cindy's space. Nothing else. The only doors in his house was sliding revolving doors to section off the bathroom, again made of glass but that could be made opaque.

Kyungsoo was a curious boy.. He wondered where food came from. CIndy told him that they came from plants and animals. Kyungsoo asked where the animals came from. Cindy said they lived in farms or in the wild. Kyungsoo asked if there was a farm in their hourse. CIndy said no. Kyungsoo then asked, how did the food get in the fridge, Cindy said, time for bed.

When Kyungsoo would look down at the world from his room, he would see small cars in the distance, zooming through the air, here and there. When he had asked about them, CIndy had told him all about the cars, the EM system that allowed them to hover, the hydraulic system that allowed them to move, and accelerate. After the full day of lesson, Kyungsoo asked about the drivers she had mentioned. Were they people like the two of them. Cindy said yes. Kyungsoo asked if he could meet them ever, she said no.

As a child of only 6 years of age, he had thrown a temper tantrum once, insisting of meeting others, going out to move in those zooming cars.. CIndy had refused but when Kyungsoo kept insisting, she sat down on a chair and stopped moving. Kyungsoo tried to get her to move, to speak, to do anything, but there was no response. It was like she was gone from him, forever. No matter how much Kyungsoo cried, there was no difference. Her glow, the low buzz sounds that her body usually made were gone. It was the worst, most terrifying week of his life. He was left alone in a small space, by himself. no one to look after him. He would spend his time either crying, apologizing and saying he would never ask to leave again if she came back to him, or going into an exhausted sleep after climbing into her cold, hard lap. There was fresh food everyday, which he had no idea where it came from, so he didn't starve, not that he felt like eating. All he could remember from that week was his crushing loneliness, and the feeling of falling everynight during his sleep. She had woken up at the end of the week, and Kyungsoo had cried tears of joy. He apologized again and again, promising that he would not ask again, and she hushed him by hugging him to her chest, now buzzing and warming up, to make him feel safe. That day, she taught him about death.

He was 14 now. Cindy looked the same, but he had grown taller, not by much tough. Cindy said that his puberty would hit soon, making him taller. He knew what puberty was from his ed class last year. Cindy sounded excited, but he didn't really care. Over the years, he had generated an interest in the mechanics of automobiles. Cindy allowed this since he kept of promise of never asking to go out or meet people. His particular interest was in the technology behind Hovikes. Motorcycles that could hover over surfaces and be used for travel just the hover cars. They were a newer invention, since they were trickier to maintain mid air. The engineering behind it was very exciting, and was a growing area of interest. Kyungsoo never said it, but he was also interested in them because he read about it being appealing to youngsters. Youngsters.. he remembered that term, used to refer to people his own age... He wondered what they would be like. Did they also live with a robot like Cindy? He didn't remember seeing many houses like his own, but maybe they just lived in a different house.

"Kyungsoo!" Cindy's voice floated up from the floor below. "Come down for your exercise."

The boy tore his eyes away from the hovike he saw in the distance, as he called back, "coming!"


I am technically not back yet. But here is a story to prove that i am alive still. apologies for the ty quality. this is all a vomit.

speak to me!!

Other stories: The Personal Assistant,   bad kids,   best of best* exo fic recommendations,   you found me!,   Stupid Exo Oneshot collections,   The God of laziness,    Exobendbaeksoo reference listsnow whitePet boyThe mermaid's kiss

Awesome people: Tina08,  PeasentOTP