Chapter 8

The Most Beautiful Moment

Soo...to make up for the days I haven't updated...another long chapter for you my babies! :)


 

" God!! Its so hot in here I'm going to die."

Nayeon was fanning herself vigorously,trying to cool herself from the heat.These days it seemed as if the weather was having multiple mood swings.It would be extremely cold in the mornings then suddenly get hot as as if they were in a desert during the day.

 

" We should get ice cream during lunch.A whole bucket of them."

Yerin added as she herself was trying to fan out the heat from her face.Second period was over and she did not think she could stay till 4 p.m in this place.

 

Approaching the two girls who were dying from the heat,Haneul,one of their classmates walked over to them,wearing a cute smile on her face.

 " Hey Nayeon,Hey Yennie."  she greeted.

Acknowledging the girl,the two sat straight and returned the greeting.Nayeon gave Haneul her cute,gummy smile while Yerin,the usual face.Not her fault,she was born with it.DUh!

 

" What's up Haneul?" Nayeon asked.

 

" So,you know my birthday is this coming Saturday and my parents are throwing me a party.I was wondering if you guys would like to come?" Haneul asked,all the while smiling.

 

" Really? Wow! Happy Birthday in advance."  Nayeon enthusiastically greeted while Yerin only showed a small smile.Haneul gleamed at the wish

 " Thanks! Sooo,are you guys coming?I'd really appreciate it if you do."  Haneul slightly pouted to which Nayeon almost cooed.Haneul was one of the few decent girls in their class that both Yerin and Nayeon felt they could encounter with without murdering her in their minds.So there really wasn't any reason as to why they couldn't go.

 

" Okay.I'm in! "  Nayeon said which made Haneul to gleam at her.

 

" Really?! That's great! How about you Yerin?" Haneul looked at Yerin expectantly who only showed confusing looks.

 

" Do you think you can go Yennie? I'd reaaally be happy if you were there."

 Nayeon pouted at her.Yerin didn't know what to say.She didn't even know if she could make it,or if her dad would let her.But with Nayeon pouting at her and Haneul looking at her with wide,expectant eyes,she really wanted to say yes and didn't have the heart to reject eventhough she don't like being in huge and loud crowds.Oh what the hell! whatever her dad was going to say.

 

" I guess...I can go?" 

 

Nayeon was now high-fiving Haneul as they squealed excitedly.She didn't even know why they were so excited in the first place.

 

" Okay.So here's the invitation card."  Haneul handed them both the cards with  'Special Invitation'  written at the top.

" The party starts at 7 p.m till 10.There's no particular theme so anything's fine.Thank you so much guys."  Haneul breathed out as Nayeon replied " No problem."  

Walking away from the two,Haneul stopped in her tracks and turned back.

 " Oh! And Nayeon,since Taehyung and you are dating,its okay if he come too.Bye guys!" 

 

" WHAT?!" 

 

Nayeon looked at Haneul who had already walked away with wide eyes while Yerin was looking at Nayeon with wide eyes.

 

" What did she say? What does that mean?"  Yerin asked Nayeon curiously who remained surprised and silent and Yerin took that as an answer and exploded.

  " You and Taehyung are dating and you didn't even tell me?!!"   Yerin half screamed at the shocking revealation.So that was the thing Nayeon had been hiding all this time? That was the reason why she was always so eager to end their phone calls soon and the reason why she couldn't hang ot with her eventhough she had been the one who had always sulked about her always being busy and not having time for a  'girls session'?  Nayeon and Taehyung are dating.And she didn't even tell her.Her bestfriend-slash-cousin.

 

" No no no.Yerin.Its not like that." Nayeon waved her hand desperately as she tried to deny the whole thing.

 

" Really? Tell me,is Taehyung the reason why you're always so eager to shorten our calls? Why you have been the busy one lately whenever I suggest for us to hang out? Huh?"   Yerin folded her arms and gave a piercing look at Nayeon who was sweating loads from the intimidating stare and the cold tone on Yerin.She gulped and she was shaking a bit.Who wouldn't when the beast mode was about to be .

 

" Um...uh...about that..I..I guess...maybe? A little?"  Nayeon tried to act cute by doing a cute gesture and giving her a dorky look in hopes to ease Yerin's anger.But,out of luck,it only fueled Yerin's anger.Yerin stood up abruptly causing Nayeon to flinch in the process.

 

" How could you Nayeon!? You could've told me if you guys were going out.I'm your bestfriend!! But I had to learn the news from another person."  She felt betrayed.Yerin had always told her everything,whether small or big,just everything.And Nayeon having a boyfriend,on top of that her boyfriend being Taehyung was big news.This was Nayeon's first time dating ever and she was supposed to be the first one to know.That's like bestfriend code no.1! And Nayeon just broke the rule.

 

" Wait,wait,Yennie,its not like that.You have it all wrong.You see,I- "  Nayeon was trying to explain but Yerin cut her off and walked out the classroom leaving Nayeon frustrated and guilty.Right now,she sooo wished Haneul hadn't came up to them to invite them at all.Just as she was about to follow her,the teacher for the next class had entered.What great timing you have Mrs.Oh!

 

 

*****

Jungkook was lying underneath the willow tree in his secret place.He had been attending classes more regularly since the term exam was just around the corner and since Jin had been very clear about his school records.If he failed,no video games for a month.That was like hell on earth.But today,the weather had been extremely unbearable and it was a challenge for Jungkook to even sit through the first and second period.So,now,here he was,lying under the shade of the tree which was quite relaxing.The view of the surrounding was beautiful,everything was just relaxing and calm.Just what he needed from his messed up life.

 

Thoughts about Junghoon,his mom,her accident and everything confusing and troublesome,Jungkook had decided to leave that for a bit,as advised by Jin.Of course,he won't leave it for forever,just until exams were over.Although it was not completely out of his mind,concentrating on his studies more sure did help him to forget about it for a while.However,once exams were over,he was going to do everything he can to find everything out.And his hyung's were there to help him.

 

Closing his eyes and trying to seize the moment to maybe at least get a good nap while he was here,Jungkook heard the sound of footsteps quickly approaching.Still closing his eyes,he wondered who it could be.No one knew of this place.They were too lazy to look around and find it.Maybe it was Taehyung or Jimin.Or both.The footsteps stopped not too far away from him.

 

" Stupid Nayeon! What was she even thinking?!"

 

Jungkook opened his eyes and abruptly sat up when he heard the voice.It was not just a voice.It was a girl's voice.And she sounded pissed.For a second he thought that maybe it was one of his crazy fangirls who had found out about his secret place and came to disturb his peace.But then again,like he said,the other students were too lazy to walk around the campus and find the place behind the abandoned building.Plus,she seemed to not have noticed his presence.

 

Jungkook eyed the girl from his spot,long-wavy chocolate brown hair,fair skinned,plump red lips,eyebrows furrowed,she was....pretty,and she seemed frustrated about something.Jungkook found her interesting and unknown to him and the intruder,he was staring at the girl with curiosity.

 

" What the ing hell am I to her then? A ing potato! Tch.We've been together since I came out of my mom's womb unwillingly and she didn't even care to tell me that she was dating?! UN-ING-BELIEVABLE!!"  

Yerin yelled to the air in frustration.She hadn't calmed down since she found out that Nayeon was dating behind her back.Right now,she looked like someone who's lover had cheated behind her back.

 

" And on top of that,it has to be that ING idiot no.1??!"  She pulled her hair in frustration and huffed,folding her arms.

 

 

Just a few feet ahead,Jungkook was watching Yerin letting herself out. He found it amusing that she was so frustrated,and that a pretty girl like her was so damn good at cursing.Almost as good as his Yoongi hyung.It was also cute,and she was pretty.Wait! What? No.Just no.Hold it right there Jungkook.What are you even thinking?You're afraid of girls remember?They're a strange and crazy species. Jungkook shivered a little at the thought.He looked at the girl who was kicking the helpless ground mercilesssly,messing up the grass and stood up.He needed his peace and calm,and he also needed to save the poor grass from being killed. 

 

Jungkook walked up to the girl who was in front of the pond,still muttering curses under her breath,not noticing the firgure walking towards her.He was nervous for some unknown reason.His heart was beating rapidly and his hands shaking a little.Maybe it was because he had never approached a girl before.Jungkook stood a few meters behind the girl and cleared his throat.Hearing the boy,Yerin turned to look behind her and was shocked out of her wits that she almost tripped herself.But being Yerin,she quickly composed herself and showed her usual resting face.

 

" Yes?"

 

She enquired.She was wondering if the boy,now in front of her,had been here all the time,and probably heard all the curses she had let out.Oh no! That would be a problem.What if people found out that the ice princess who was always calm,collected and well mannered speak a fluent language of curse? The trouble it could bring,Yerin can't even imagine.

 

" I'm sorry to disturb you while you were letting out you're frustration but,can I  get  a litttle peace and quiet?"  Yerin squinted her eyes to him.He was clearly not in her grade since everyone knew her and adressed to her by her name.He must be a freshman,but,he looked quite familiar.  "Also,the grass is kinda suffering because of you."  Jungkook pointed at the spot of ground she had messed up with all her kicks and stomping.Yerin felt guilty to have caused it since the other areas were even and not messed up.Where was this place even? Yerin hadn't even took notice of the surroundings as she was too frustrated and her feet just naturally led her here,so she looked up from the ground and took a look at the surroundings.A feeling of nostalgia hit her as sson as she did.The glistening pond,the beautiful flowers,the old willow tree.Everything was all too familiar and now all feelings of frustration was gone,now replaced with a feeling she can't quite comprehend.Closure?Sense of Longing?

 

Looking at the girl who suddenly seemed like sadness had taken over her,it made Jungkook more interested in her.He wondered what she was thinking right now to have such an expression on her face.Sad,amazed,longing,he couldn't pin point it exactly.It broke his own train of thought when the girl spoke up.

 

" This....this...its...beautiful.."

 

It was so soft,almost inaudible,and so sweet her voice.Jungkook was taken aback a bit.Her voice was beautiful.It doesn't sound frustrated and annoyed like before,it was filled with emotions,emotions that came from the heart.Her voice somehow made Jungkook's heart leap for a second.

 

" But,how can it still be this pretty.I stopped coming here since...."  Yerin stopped at her words.She does not want to think about it.She slowly closed her eyes and heaved a sigh as a breeze passed through her soft brown locks.Jungkkok found the sight mesmerizing.He had no idea who this girl was,she was disturbing her peace.But right at this moment,with her eyes closed and lips slightly parted and the gentle breeze blowing through her long brown hair,the sight was calm and peaceful.It was beautiful.

 

" I actually put a lot of work into it."  He said sheepishly,rubbing the back of his neck.He didn't even know why he said that.Like,he totally didn't need to tell some girl about how much effort he put in to clean the pond,plant the flowers and repolish the surroundings.It just slipped.

 

Yerin slowly turned towards him who was rubbing the back of his neck as he looked at the surroundings,probably proud of his work.She was glad that someone had taken care of it.This place was special to her,something dear to her heart and her memories,and she was happy that there was someone who took the time to take care of it.

 

" Thank you."

 

She softly said that it was almost inaudible.Jungkook turned to her thinking he heard wrong.

 

" Excuse me?"  

Did he hear her wrong?Why was she thanking her? Had she been here before? He looked curiously at the girl once again who was now beside the pond,admiring a particular flower.

 

" Did you  plant these here?"  Yerin asked,still admiring the pink mixed with white flowers.They were Yerin's favourite flowers.Cosmos.

 

Jungkook was confused for a second until he understood what she meant.  " Oh,yeah.I found it  growing there when I found this place but it was on the verge of dying.I bought more seeds of its kind since it has a nice smell and planted more.I don't even really know what they're called."  Jungkook laughed lightly but stopped as soon as he knew what he was doing.Since when did he start to openly converse with a girl he didn't even know about some flowers and even start laughing? He was so not himself right now.

 

" Cosmos." Yerin's voice was yet again so soft that Jungkook had to question her.

 

" What?"

 

Turning away from the flowers and looking at Jungkook,Yerin smiled at the boy.Maybe it was because of the sight of her favourite flowers or  the foolish look on the boy's face.

 

" Cosmos." she repeated.

 

" My favourite flower." 

 

 

THUMP.THUMP.THUMP.

 

Jungkook felt his heart drumming through his chest.Her smile,he must admit,he had never seen such an amazing smile.It was small,yet beautiful.He wished at the bottom of his heart,that she would smile again,just once.

 

 

" Are you a freshman? Cause I don't think you're in my year nor a senior cause I pretty much know all of them?"  Yerin asked as she sat on the ground near the pond.Normally,she don't strike up conversations with strangers,or people,but,right now,she felt peaceful.Talking to the boy was calming and it brought her back to things she had forgotten,or rather,chose to forget.Was that a good thing or a bad thing? She really didn't know.

 

 

" Um...y-yeah,I'm a freshman here.My name's Jungkook by the way.What's yours?"  Jungkook awkwardly sat next to her on the ground,scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.He doesn't know why he sat down next to her.Or why he's making a conversation with her.Or why he haven't left the spot when it was more likely of him to leave the moment he saw the intruder.

 

 

" Yerin.Park Yerin.I'm a second year."  Yerin said as she gave him a small smile.There it was again,Jungkook thought.Her smile.Seeing her smile at him,Jungkook's lips unknowingly stretched from ear to ear as well,showing his pearly white teeth.This time,it was not Jungkook but Yerin's heart that leapt.It would be a lie if she said she had never hold a conversation with a boy before,or sat next to a boy,or smile at a boy who smiles back at her.But,it has indeed been so long since she felt her heart skip a beat at the sight of a smile,showing pearly white teeth.She had once experienced that type of smile,and that feeling.

 

" So,Jungkook.Do you come here often?"  Yerin asked as she look at the beautiful surrounding.

 

" Yeah.Its kinda like my secret place.Its calm and peaceful.And nobody seems to know it exist.I wonder how they don't even notice it though."   Jungkook really had no idea how in the world the students didn't know this place exist.But now,Yerin,she knows.But wait,she seemed as though she had known it before.

 

" Yeah.It wasn't exactly here at first."

 

That once again,caught Jungkook's curiosity.He realized that he had been nothing but interested,curious,nervous and awkward since they met.But what exactly does that mean? It was built by someone?

 

" What do you mean its wasn't here at first?" Jungkook asked and looked at Yerin with full curiosity.But the girl stayed silent and seemed as if her mind was filled with other things.Then,she heaved a sigh and then yet,showed another one of her small smiles.

 

" This place wasn't actually like this at first.No pond or flowers.Just an empty backyard with a willow tree."  Yerin explained and Jungkook was surprised.He thought that the pond had been there all along since it looked abandoned and deserted just like the building.

 

" Wow.I wonder who took the effort to build a pond here though.I must say,he or she did a ing good job at that."  Jungkook laughed with his eyes crinkling.Yerin,this time,showed a wide and bright smile at Jungkook's words. Yes.He did.He truly did a ing great job.

 

 

*****

" So that's why you were cursing and venging out your anger on the poor grass back there." Jungkook laughed lightly at Yerin when he recalled he cursing.She had a pretty sharp tounge he must admit.

 

" Shhhh..Please don't say that out loud."  She gave  a small glare to Jungkook who only shrugged at her words.  " And yes it was.I mean,she's my best friend.And I don't even know why I'm sharing this with you."  She spent two whole periods, 3rd and 4th period,sitting beside the pond with Jungkook,having small talks which led to her telling him about her little fight with Nayeon.She didn't even know why she told him that.Maybe it was because he was easy to talk to? Or maybe she just needed to let it out,she don't really know.

 

" Yennie!!" 

 

Both Yerin and Jungkook turned towards the stairs.Nayeon was there looking at them curiously for many reasons. One,she was curious as to why Yerin didn't show up for two periods. Two, She was curious as to where she went. Three, she wanted to know if she had been forgiven.This one could be connnected with one though.And lastly,who was the guy beside Yerin? For all she knows and Yerin knows,she don't hang out with anyone beside Nayeon,don't talk to anyone but her.But now,she was talking and walking in from outside the building with a guy.Not just any guy,he was tall and handsome.Reaaalllly handsome.

 

" So,I'm guessing that's her.Nayeon?" Jungkook asked

 

" Yeah.That's her." Yerin sighed a heavy sigh.She was still mad at her.It was not a small thing at all.Maybe it was to Nayeon,but it definitely wasn't to her.

 

" I guess I should get going now.My friends are probably waiting." Jungkook said which earned him Yerin's attention.

 

" Oh,okay.Goodbye Jungkook." Yerin gave him a small smile,which,if you weren't intently watching her,would be missed.But Jungkook saw it and it made him smile that huge smile. 

 

" Bye Yerin."  He waved and turned to walk towards the cafeteria

 

 " Oh! And Yerin.Make up with your friend.You'll feel better.Trust me." He gave her another big smile and walked away.

 

 

***

 

" Who was that? He was...HOT!"  Nayeon screamed excitedly next to Yerin.Yerin's hand quickly covered .

 

" Keep it down.He might hear you!"  Yerin warned but Nayeon only sheepishly smiled behind Yerin's hand which Yerin immediately put down.

 

" Anyway,where were you? You were absent for two periods."  Nayeon asked as she followed Yerin towards the cafeteria.

 

" Somewhere.Please stop following me.I'm still mad at you."  Yerin said monotonously as Nayeon kept following her,not heeding to her words.

 

" Come on Yennie~~ I'm sorry okay."  Nayeon huffed.  " Tae and I aren't even dating.We just hang out.He doesn't even see me as a girl,I think."  Nayeon let out a frustrated sigh which caught Yerin's attention.

 

" Really? So,you were just going out as in,'hanging out' and not dating?" Yerin asked as she folded her hands over her chest,giving her a serious look.

 

Nayeon sighed once more tiredly.  " Yes Yerin.Yes! We're NOT dating! "  In Yerin's eyes,she seemed frustrated that they were not dating.

 

" But you like him.So you're frustrated that you're not really dating.Right?"  Yerin asked in one full quick sentence and Nayeon nodded without a thought until she realized what Yerin said.

 

" Wait! What!? No way.Nuh-uh.NO!"  She made an 'X' gesture with her hands while shaking her head vigorously.Yerin shook her head in disbelief.

 

" Oh stop denying it Nana.I knew it just by looking at you."  Yerin started walking towards the cafeteria followed by a  whining Nayeon who kept on shouting her denies which went deaf to Yerin's ears.

 


 

Hey Guyyyysssss`~`~~ So I'm Baacckkk.Finally..

I know i've gone MIA for so long but I've just been so busy with college and stuff that I barely have time for anything else.But now,here's a new chapter for my dear readers.And like I said,the two finally met!! Yaaay!!!!

So tell me what you guys think of the chapter, how they met,was it too cheesy? or stuff on the comment section down below.

I'll be trying to update more frequently,hopefully,AFTER I finish my test next week.

So Stay tuned cause there's more chapters coming!!!