Chapter 6

The Most Beautiful Moment

 


 

" Just admit it."

 

"Admit what?"

 

" That you have a crush on Nayeon."

 

Taehyung stared at Jimin with wide eyes.What exactly was he saying? Admit that he had a crush on Nayeon? He knew Jimin had been teasing him since after their groupwork the night before last night but he thought he was just being Jimin.

 

"What the hell are you talking about? I don't have a crush on anyone." Taehyung defended in shock and disbelief while Jimin gave him a 'What dafugg' look.

 

" Really?You don't? Cause that's not what I've been seeing Tae." He said with one eyebrow raised.Jimin was not blind.He may sometimes be an idiot but he was not blind.He clearly saw through Taehyung.How he acted whenever Nayeon was near or with them,whenever they interacted and even now,how he would,from time to time,avert his gaze at her sitting on the far left corner across the cafeteria.

 

" Of course I don't! Why would you even think that I do!? That's stupid Jimin." Taehyung raised his voice a bit hoping that his state of shock had been delivered to his friend.These days he had been on his defense mode more than ever with Jimin and Hoseok teasing him.

 

" You're nervous whenever she's around.You're not being yourself and saying and doing stuffs that you normally don't say or do.Even now you're staring at her.Again." Jimin pointed out as a matter-of-factly as Taehyung quickly averted his gaze from the girl and looked at his friend and defending his act yet again. " I'm not! "

 

"Yes you were.All you've been doing since the moment we sat down in the cafeteria is look at your plate,then look at Nayeon,then look at your plate.You've been repeating the process this whole time which,by the way,is some what really annoying." Jimin had been studying his friend's actions this whole time.No matter how much Taehyung denied,he was not going to let him win. " You've been staring at her this whole time,completely ignoring me while I have all these conversations with myself which,let me tell you,makes me feel like a ing retard!!"

 

Jimin had been trying to strike up a conversation with Taehyung ever since they took their seat but gets ignored every single time.He even had to high five himself when the bully Minhwa tripped himself.All because Kim ing Taehyung couldn't stop undressing Nayeon with his eyes.

 

" I don't have a crush on her Jiminnie." Taehyung denied again lifelessly and sighed as he looked at his plate.Seriously,what was up with Jimin and Hoseok? They've been teasing him non-stop and it was tiring for him to deny their words every ing time.How can they say that he has a crush on Nayeon when he himself was certain that he doesn't have a crush on Nayeon.Of course he admit that Nayeon was eye catching,pretty and beautiful and had the most amazing smile and the most adorable laugh,but he was not crushing on her.Nah-Uh!

 

" Hey Taehyung,Hey Jimin." 

 

Taehyung's head quickly turned up as soon as he heard that cheery voice which only belonged to none other than Nayeon herself.Did she hear what they were saying? Oh God!What if she did?She's going to hate me. Taehyung was having a mental breakdown at the moment.

 

" Hey Nayeon.You too Yerin.What's up?" Jimin wanted to jump and fist pump when he saw the look of distress on Taehyung's face when Nayeon appeared.He was a 200% sure that his friend has a crush on her.Even if his mouth denied,his face and expression showed the opposite.

 

" Nothing much.We just wanted to remind you guys about tonight.Yerin's place." Nayeon didn't know why Taehyung looked like he was having a stomachache or something.She wondered if he was okay and wanted to ask him but decided against it.

 

" Oh yeah! Of course! We'll be there.Right Tae?" Feeling six pairs of eyes on him made him feel weird,especially that two pair that stood out more than the others which send him in a wreck,Taehyung nodded and mumbled an ' Okay ' as he stared at Nayeon's cheery eyes.Everytime their eyes met,there was this hammering feeling in his chest and he feel like he couldn't breathe.At the same time,he found himself unable to look away everytime.Her eyes were always sparkling and cheerful and it amazed him.

 

" Maybe you should bring your video games Tae.I hadno idea video games were that exciting and I wouldn't have if it weren't for you!" There it was again.Sparkling and cheerful.Taehyung found himself smiling and vigorously nodding at  her words.They had worked on their project at the boys' house last night and Taehyung had the blessed opportunity to show Nayeon his video games which she miraculously enjoyed.Wait! She just called him Tae! Oh My God!!

 

"Okay.See you guys later~~" Nayeon and Yerin both took their way out of the cafeteria.Taehyung's eyes lingered on the cheerful girl's back as she made her way out. She called me Tae.She just called me by my pet name!!!

 

" You can't deny now Tae.She have you wrapped around her little finger." Jimin wiggled his little finger to portray his words earning his attention.Taehyung scoffed as he thought of more ways to deny." Tch..I'm not.....Tch..Why would I? Tch.."

 

"You're in denial." Jimin  quickly spitted out before any more deniies could be heard and smiled victoriously at Taehyung who could only open and close his mouth,words unable to form.

 

"Who's in denial?" 

Jungkook,with a tray in hand took a seat besides Jimin as he looked at his two hyungs.

 

" Taehyung here is in denial." Jimin pointed at Taehyung who looked at him with mouth agape. " I'm not in ing denial! "  Jungkook looked back and forth at Taehyung and Jimin,confused as he didn't understand a thing going on. "What's this all about?"  He questioned as he took a bite of his lunch.

 

" Taehyung has a crush on Nayeon.You know?The girl that's in our class.The one we're doing projects with." Jimin explained as Jungkook nodded in understanding. " And Taehyung here has been denying it even though he was clearly undressing her with his eyes and melting when she called him Tae."

 

" I was not undressing her with my eyes!" Taehyung loudly defended,earning a few unwanted looks from students nearby.He couldn't actually deny that he was caught offguard when she suddenly called him Tae but he was obviously and 999 per cent sure that he wasn't doing any rated m stuffs with his eyes.

 

" Ahh~~ I see.I heard he tried to woo her with his video games last night.Damn! Wish I was there to see that." Jungkook put on a look as if he had missed to watch  his most favourite basketball team.Taehyung only stared in horror at his words.

 

" Yeah he did.Although,I would say that was a lame move though." Jimin piped in,not caring about the daggers sent his way.

 

" I.did.not.try.to.woo.her." Taehyung stated sternly as he gave a look at Jungkook who only shrugged his shoulders without a care and took more bites off his burger. "And! For your information,she loved my video games.You heard her Jimin." He glared at Jimin who only showed a satisfied grin at his reply.This was hard.This was extremely hard for Taehyung.

 

 

*****

* Knock Knock *

 

" Come in."

 

The door to the study room opened where Yoochun was working on his files.He lifted his head up to see that it was his son who had entered.

 

" What is it Bogum? Do you have some questions? "

 

The younger male stood in front of his father's desk.Standing there reminded him of his young self who would always shake a bit in fear whenevr he had to stand before his father.And even now,he was no better than his young self but right now he had came here to fulfill a promise he made to his sister.His father had thoughtlessly turned down her request so he wasn't too sure whether his words will get through their stone cold of a father but he had to try.He promised Yerin.

 

" Actually dad,its about the orphanage." Bogum felt his chest beating rapidly as his father slowly shifted his gaze from his files and onto him.Those stern and intense gaze still made him nervous and uncomfortable.

 

" What's there more to talk about? I already told your sister about my plans on it.I thought I made it very clear."  To Yoochun,there was no use in trying to save what was already dying.So,instead of funding a dying orphanage,it was more clever to take it down and build something more benefitting for the company.

 

Bogum took a deep breath before carefully forming the words in his head.He had to be wise about his choice of words.He needed his father to reconsider at the very least,for the sake of the children,and for Yerin.

 

" Father,I actually thought about that and,Ithink it would do more good for the company's image if you sponsor and fund the orphanage." He felt his father's strong gaze penetrating through his soul. "People would view us differently if they see us trying to save an orphanage which is on its way to burning down.They'd know that we're different from other companies whose goal is to only leech off of the people and that we're the type of company who give back to society.That will help us earn more trust from them,and if that's the case,the company's stock is bound to rise as well."

 

Bogum mentally congratulated himself after he gave his thought out speech and for sounding confident which was not really what it looked like.Although he hated to use the orphanage as a means for the company's benefit,it was the only way to get through his father who only cared about the good and benefit of his company.He needed to do anything to let his father change his mind and  he was sure that his words were being heard right now as his father sat there,in deep thought and nodding at his words.

 

" Wow! I'm actually impressed." His father stood up,looking pleased. " I see you've put more thought in the good for the company.And I advice you keep it up bogum,since you're the heir after all." He came over and stood next to Bogum and lightly patted his son's arm.Bogum stiffened at the gesture.His father had never been expressive and had never shown much affection towards his children even when they were young.And right now,him patting Bogum,that's most affectionate their father had ever been.

 

" It was not the best idea you could muster,but,since you've spent time thinking on it andsince its not a very bad proposal..." Bogum waited expectantly as he look at his father who seemed to be contemplating." Fine,I'll reconsider it.I'll think about it more before deciding what to do.Maybe you're partly right.We do need more people to trust us.The more people we gain,the more money.And the more money we get,the more powerful we get in the business world.You should keep that in mind." Mr.Park agreed to reconsider and advised his son on a business tip as Bogum nodded to his father's word of advice.

 

 

***

Bogum closed the door to his father's study with a contented smile.Although his father didn't exactly agree to it,he at least decided to reconsider the proposal which was better than nothing.He was sure Yerin would be delighted to hear the news and decided to tell her right away.Walking down the second floor where his and Yerin''s room were situated,he saw a few of his maids holding trays of food towards Yerin's room.They stopped and bowed at him when they saw him approaching.

 

"What's with all these food ahjumma?" He doubted that it was all for Yerin since his sister had seemed to lost her appetite these days and was not eating well.He kept in mind to talk to her and scold her about it.Was she overworking herself again?

 

" Ah yes.The young miss is doing a group project with her friends from school.Including Miss Nayeon.Madam had asked us to prepare food for them." The maid who was in her mid fifties answered.

 

"Oh! Okay.Then,please do ahjumma." Bogum smiled at the maid and thanked him for doing such task for his sister and took a final look at Yerin's door before deciding to enter his room.Friends huh? He was glad that his little sister was actually socializing with the other students besides Nayeon even if it was just for a group project.Like any big brother,all he wanted was for Yerin to make lots of friends and spend her time enjoying her teenage years than overworking and stressing herself.He decided that he could tell her about the news tomorrow and began to work on his own studies.

 

 

*****

The clock sitting besides Yerin's bed read 8:50.It had almost been one and a half hours since the group started on their work and exactly one hour and 15 minutes since Taehyung and Nayeon had been playing video games on her T.V screen thanks to taehyung bringing along his device,rather than doing their work,the actual reason they were here for.Yerin sighed for the umpteenth time while typing away on her project when Nayeon,for the hundredth time shrieked because she had missed shooting the enemy.Besides her,Jimin was multitasking,typing on his laptop one moment,then  looking at the two and sneakily taking their photos with a mischievious grin on his face.Yerin didn't know what the hell he was up to and seriously didn't care.

 

" Yah!! You two.Did you come here to just play around or work?" Having had enough,Yerin called at the two who didn't even bother to spare her a glance.They were in their own world.Yerin sighed in disbelief at the two happy birds.She would have never guessed Nayeon to be the type who enjoy playing stupid video games.Not ever in their 17 years of existing together.

 

The clock was ticking,Nayeon was shrieking as Taehyung laughed at her along with Jimin who had finally gave up on his work and decided to join the two while Yerin was the only one who was diligently typing and doing her work,or should we say,harshly and furiously abusinging the keys as she tried hard not to be bothered by the unwanted noise coming fromthe three.She was so close to losing it right now that if she heard one more shriek from Nayeon she was going to--

 

" Ahhh!! Nooo!! Taehyung help!! I'm being attacked!Heeelllppp!!" 

 

She lost it.

 

" Yah!! Im ing Nayeon!! Are you trying to ing  blow off my roof!! What are you guys even here for!? Huh!!?? If you're not going to work on the project and just play video games while I'm trying my best here,just ing leave and let me be in ing peace!!Damn you guys!! And this stupid piece of !"

 

Yerin exploded and marched up to them as she unplugged the game.The three of them were frozen in their spot,scared to even take a breath.The quiet and elegant,perfect girl with perfect everyhing has finally exploded.Taehyung and Jimin had never heard her say this much sentence in one go,not to mention she cursed all the way through to.They were entirely shocked when they heard her cuss for the first time but this,this was on a whole other level.They were actually scared.So ing scared to their right now.And it was right at this moment that the two guys found out the most unexpected thing ever,they came to realize and witness that an angry Yerin was a devil let loose.

 

" Yennie~~ Hey,calm down." Nayeon tried to calm the beast down by working her magic of being cheery and smiling till hurts which apparently,did not work as she was met with a fuming glare from Yerin.She inwardly gulped at the sight.She had grown up with Yerin since they were in diapers.She was her cousin and bestfriend.They'd gone through so much together and they knew each other like the back of their hands.They have seen each other's worst to embarassing moments.And Nayeon knew best that an angry Yerin was never good.It was all hell broke loose.

 

" I'm sorry Yennie~"  She gave Yerin her best pout she could muster.

 

"We're really,really,really,reeeeeaaaaalllyyyy sorry okay."

 

Nayeon looked at the two boys standing besides her since she hadn't heard a word or sound coming from them.She was surprised to see the boys standing so upright,they weren't even blinking and Nayeon doubt that they were even breathing right now.They looked scared to death.And she understood.If she hadn't really known Yerin,she would have probably peed her pants right now when the harmless perfect girl started to yell and spit out profanities like it was her mother tounge.She nudged Jimin and Taehyung who warily looked at her and signalled them to apologize.

 

" We...we're...re-re-really...s-s-so-sor-ry...Ye-Yerin-ssi."

 

So scared of the girl in front who could probably be the devil's daughter right now,the two stuttered as their hearts started to pound lodly against their chest,unable to calm their nerves.The girl was seriously more scarier than a hungry Jin who have nothing to eat and mind you,a hungry Jin who have nothing to eat was something you guys never want to witness.Seriously,the guy puts food before his friends most of the time.

 

" See Yennie,we're sorry.So,lets all forget this happened and work on our projects like the good and humble students we are.Okay?" Nayeon exaggarated her words in hopes that the calm ad collected Yerin hiding inside this beast right now would be able to hear and understand her words and stay calm and collected once again .Thankfully,she did.Yerin heaved a heavy sigh and looked down as she closed her eyes,trying her best to calm herself while the two boys were still there,frozen as ever.

 

" Okay.I accept your apologies.I'm sorry for exploding too.Please excuse me for my behaviour." Taehyung and Jimin had never seen or witness a person like Yerin whose demeanor can take a 180 degree turn in just a split second,one moment she was a terrifying beast and the next,she was all calm ad peaaceful like an angel.Their jaws were hanging as they looked at Yerin who spoke in the most calmest voice possible,all trace of the devil before gone before their eyes.

 

"Okay! Now that's settled,we should get to work guys." Nayeon chirped as she pulled the two gus in shock and pushed them to start working on their project.Without hesitation,the boys got to work asap much to Yerin's surprise.Just as she sat down and was about to start woorking again,they were interrupted by a knock on her door.

 

"Come in."

 

"Young Miss,we have prepared foods for you and your friends." The maid said as she came in with two other maids,each carrying trays of foods.

 

" Please put them in the table for us ahjumma." Yerin politely asked as the maids did so and took their leave once their task was done.

 

" Yes!! Finally!! Fooddd~~~!!" Taehyung and Jimin had already jumped out of their seats in joy when the maids came with the trays.It seemed like the only thing that can give them this much enthusiasm was food.Yerin sighed for the umpteenth time as she watched the three eating away happily as they forget all about their purpose of even coming together,again.She doubt that they could even finish half of the work tonight.

 

 

*****

Jun gkook was pacing back and forth in his room anxiously.There was a lot of things going through his head at the moment,a series of possible what ifs.He and Jin had told the others about what he had heard,the thing that had been troubling him so much and they were just as shocked and surprised as he and Jin were.They were all there,in the hospital when his mom died.And they were there at her funeral and every other moment in his life.That was why they were all confued and shock,unable to digest the words and all of them had the same questions thatJungkook and Jin had before and still now.Didn't she die because of a hit-and-run accident? When the bomb was dropped,everyone was speechless as questions after questions popped in each of their minds.After recovering from the shock,Namjoon,the most responsible one of them besides Jin was the first to actually come up with something.

 

" After the accident happened,wasn't your mom taken to DongJoo Hospital?" He questioned.He remembered the hospital name since it was one he knew pretty well and so did the others.A spark of realization hitting them. " Your family's hospital Jin hyung.Your father was there too.Maybe we can ask him."

 

So,they actually came up with a plan thanks to Namjoon,which was to ask Jin's dad,Mr.Kim about the incident that had happened.And of course,it was Jin who was the one to ask and right now,Jungkook was waiting for his return or a call from Jin.They needed to find out what happened exactly,he needed to know.He doubt that Junghoon's words were true but something about the man's confidence and ignorance irked him.

 

Feeling like he was about to go insane from curiosity,Jungkook went down to the living room where his other hyungs were.He took the seat in between Taehyung ad Jimin who had returned from their groupwork about an hour ago.The others were scattered here and there as they were watching a football match on the big T.V screen.Eventhough a football match was on shown right now,he couldn't get himelf to focus as the same thoughts that had clouded him over the past days began clouding his mind again.

 

* CLICK *

 

Jungkook quickly turned his head to the door when he heard the front door click and Thank God it was Jin.Jungkook watched as Jin took off his shoes and came towards the living room till his anxious and curious eyes met with Jin's before the older diverted his attention to the T.V screen.

 

" Oh! You guys are watching a match? Is this a group bonding time?Where's the food?" Jin chuckled lightly as he took off his jacket and took a seat next to Namjoon.The others finally noticed his presence and their focus was no longer on the match playing on the screen but on Jin.

 

" Oh! Jin hyung.Back already?" 

 

Jin nodded at Hoseok as he popped a popcorn in hs mouth.

 

" So,what did your dad say?" Yoongi was the one to ask him what they all have been dying to know.They were all anxious to what he was about to say.Although they all knew that there was a high chance of everything that Junghoon had said to be a lie,there was still that slight possibility that it wasn''t.

 

" He was shocked when I brought up the accident." Jin started as all six of them listened intentedly. " Like we have discussed before,I didn't mention the part about Jungkook getting beaten up and about JungHoon and all,so,I asked him if aunty had really died from an accident and not something else,like,a bullet to the heart." They couldn't exactly fill Mr.Kim on all the details because it would only mean trouble for them if their parents found out that they all had still been involved in fights unlike what they promisedwhen they begged their parents to live together.

 

" And he said no.He said that she had really died from an accident and even showed me the reports.He eve asked me why I had suddenly came up with the topic of auty's death ad the 'ridiculous' idea." Jin continued and quoted his father as he took out a file and handed it to Jungkook.It was a report on the accident and his mom's death.It was all writen there and Jungkook could clearly see it.

 

Name: Jeon Eun Hee

Age: 47

Date of Death :August 3rd,2012

Cause of Death : Brain hemorrhage and an internal bleeding caused by a hit-and-run accident.

 

Holding the case file in his hand and seeing its contents,Jungkook found it hard to breathe.It was like re-living that day again.But,he was in control,he had to stay in control and not let his emotions get the best of him.He was not going to cry and get weak.He took a deep breath and closed his eyes to supress his feelings.He was glad,glad that what the bastard had said was a lie.But there was this tiny part in him that didn't feel right.

 

" But why would Junghoon say all those to me if it was untrue? And it looked like he sent Mark and his friends for that particular reason." Jungkook asked no one in particular.After knowing that his mother really died from an accident,it still confused him.Junghoon's words still haunt his mind.Why would he say all those if he knew it was not true?Was it just to mess with me? But why would he? Could it be because he had something going with my father?

 

" He's right.Why would he took the trouble and send those guys just to tell him false information?" Namjoon said as he thought of reasons why that could have been.He had been thinking hard on it ever since Jungkook had let in on them and couldn't find any one good reason at all.It was just all blank.

 

" Maybe...he had a bad relationship with uncle Jaehyun or something?" Jimin thought that that was most likely to be it.To him,it didn't make sense as well and all he could think of was that Junghoon and Jungkook's dad could have been enemies or something.Afterall,Junghoon did mention Jungkook's dad.

 

" That could be one possible reason too." Just like Jimin,that was the only reason Taehyung could think of.Even though it sounded absurd,that was the olything he could think of too.

 

" But uncle Jae didn't seem like the type to have enemies.Everyone who knew of him were good friends with him." Hoseok reasoned.Jungkook's dad was one hell of a good man since Hoseok can remember.He was a warm and kind person.He doubt he had enemies.He was the one people come to for advice.

 

Jungkook's mind had been runnig in circles as he processed everything his hyung's had said.He even thought about the possibility of them being enemies but like Hoseok said,his dad didn't have enemies as far as he knew.Or maybe they just didn't know about it?The more they thought about it,the more they got lost and confused.

 

" Okay guys,why don't we call it a night for now.Its late and we all have classes tomorrow.We'll talk about it later.Okay?" Jin,being the eldest suggested.It was almost midnight and they all have schools ad universities to attend.Although they had to figure this out sooner or later,right now they needed to rest.

 

After the group had agreed to Jin,they bade each other goodnight and went to their own rooms to call it a night.Everyone of them were confused and had questions running in their mind.Everything came so suddenly and even when they already have proof that everything Jungkook had been told was a lie,there was this unsettling feeling at the pit of their stomach and they all didn't know what to do at the moment.

 

 

*****

"Sir?"

 

A tall man in a black suit inquired as he went through the thick wooden door and stood in front of the large desk where a man was sitting,a drink in hand and looking out the window which displayed the night view of the city.

 

"Did you find out anything Dongwoo?"His deep voice resonated in the quiet room.

 

" One of the men saw Jin,the son of Kim Sangwoo going to his father's office to ask about the death of Kim Eunhee." The man named Dongwoo informed.It could be easily known through his action and choice of words that the man sitting behind was no ordinary man but a powerful one.

 

Junghoon dryly chuckled and looked at Dongwoo with a smirk before standing up and going towards the full length window. " Don't you think that our plan is working pretty well Dongwoo?And pretty fast too."

 

" Yes sir.At this rate,I believe it would be easier to call out Jaehyun from his hiding spot ad finally get what we've been aiming for." He replied.

 

Junghoon's expression darkened as soon as the name was spoken.He hated even just hearing his name.He wanted nothing but to destroy everyhing he had.But,that was not the most important case as of now since the man had something he wanted so badly. " Jaehyun.Tch.Do you think he will give up and come to me?" He asked Dongwoo.

 

" He have to sir.After all,his son is about to find out the things he had tried so hard to hide .Also,any time soon he would know that you have made contact with his younger son.He has no other choice but to give up if he wants to save him." Dongwoo's reply was well thought and true to Junghoon.But he wasn't all too sure.Jeon Jaehyun was an unpredictable man.

 

" I wonder if he will give up.Or whether I'll have to destroy each and everythig and everyone he cares for first to get what I want? He's reaally troublesome." Junghoon wondered out loud.Of course it would be much easier if his main target just came out and give up.But,it would never be a difficult task if he had to do this the hard way.After all,it was what he did best,and he knew exactly where to start.  Jeon Jungkook.  Junghoon evilly laughed at the thought as he was about to witness something amazing very soon.This was going to be all too fun.He chugged his drink in one go and sighed in satisfaction.He'll need to inform Mark later of his plans.

 

" Jeon Jaehyun.This is going to be one hell of an exciting fight.Oh,I can't wait! "

 


Hey guys!! So,I'm back with the next chapter and this one was a bit rushed.College has started again and it would be a bit difficult to make time for writing.But,I'll fill in whenever I can.Hopefully,you won't even have to wait too long.

So,I'll just take this moment to thank my subcribers.Thank you guys soo much!! I'm only just starting and you guys give me strength and enthusiasm.You don't even know how happy you made me feel.I hope I can continue to write and be worth the attention.But anyway,Rome was not built in a day...hehe..Lets stay strong.Hwaiting!!

Anyway thank you guys again and please don't forget to leave comments below.i need to hear your thoughts to get more motivated. Love you guys~~ :)