Chapter 4

The Most Beautiful Moment

 

It was a breezy day in May. People were up and about on the streets, enjoying the cool air as they bade goodbye to snow, to slush and frozen icy puddles and welcomed spring, blossom pink and white, buds, new leaves, rainy days, fine days, forest hikes. It was the time where life is breathed into the world anew.

 

Spring is certainly one of the best seasons of the year as it is the time where the Earth comes to life.Most people are fond of this season and it is the favorite season of poets. As some call it,Spring is the Queen of Seasons.The nature looks charming and many beautiful flowers bloom during this season.The lovely roses win our hearts.When we walk in a garden,we are enchanted by the dazzling colours of flowers.The days of spring season are very pleasant.It is neither hot nor cold.The temperature remains at a moderate level which is quite delightful.

 

 

Eventhough a day as beautiful as today was ideal for going on trips and just relaxing,making the best of the moments,students still had to drag their body to school and sit there for hours and force themselves to concentrate on their studies. Life of students, especially high school students who are just beginning to adjust to adulthood, was damn tough.Being pressured by the teachers,by their parents and by the society to do their best and to be perfect in their studies and in their life was easier said than done.Teenagers can only take so much until they feel themselves suffocating and breaking down.But even if they sometimes feel suffocated and are at the verge of breaking down,they had to fight on in order to survive.

 

"As part of your internal assesment test,I will be giving you projects on the chapters we have covered so far."

 

There were loud protests coming from the students as the word project left the lips of their history teacher slash homeroom teacher Mrs.Kang. It was hard enough for them with all the school works and tests they had to study for and now their inconsiderate teacher was giving them projects when they all had so much on their plate already.

 

"You can choose any four topics among the ones we have covered and write a paper in detail.And when I say in detail,every names and every dates, months, years should be precise. Not only that, you have to do a research on these papers and add the details which are not included in your books."

 

The students gasped and moaned in disbelief.It was already crazy that they had to do a project on History,a subject known to almost every sudent as boring.Now they had to do write a paper on FOUR topics, and to their devil teacher's satisfaction,they actually have to research and add details which were not included in their textbook.It was like dying a slow but painful death.

 

" But Mrs.Kang,that's unfair!!! How are we suppose to write in details which are not included in the textbook.Obviously the Board Of Education clearly excluded them because they're un-necessary." 

 

Mrs.Kang shot a piercing glare at the tall red haired boy who had the audacity to slam his palm on his desk and stand up,whining about this and that.She heaved a deep sigh and repositioned her glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose.

 

"Kim Taehyung.Do you want me to send you to detention or are you going to take a seat and stop making a fuss?"

 

Taehyung gulped at the teacher's low and cold tone and muttered an apology before sitting himself down,turning to his side where Jimin was giving him looks,warning him to stop overreacting.Nayeon who was sitting on the third line near the window with Yerin, glanced sideways and giggled softly when she saw Taehyung, who was sittng just next to her on  the middle row, pouting and whimpering in his seat like a scared little puppy. How cute.

 

" For your project, you will be divided into groups of four and it will be due on Monday, next week. So, since I'm being lenient enough and giving you five days to complete your work,I will expect all of you to do an excellent work and to turn in your work before the first bell rings on Monday." Mrs.Kang in an authorative tone said to her class who were groaning in their seats as she took out the register,skimming the names of the students.

 

"The names that I call out please raise your hands as you will be groupmates for this project.Kim Wonbin,Jung Woojin,Song Aera and Lee Eunbi,you will be group no.1"

 

The list of names goes on as the students were divided into groups of four.Some were happy that they got to be in a group with their friends or with their crushes, while some were in agony since the favours were not in their hands.Yerin and Nayeon hoped that they get to be in the same group although it was unlikely that they'd be separated since they had almost always been partnered up because Yerin would rather choose to do it individually or do the works by herself whenever she got paired up with other students, and the teachers had no choice but to pair up the two so at least it would be a group work. It was because Yerin didn't like to socialize with the other students besides Nayeon for different reasons.  Reason 1, all they wanted was to get on her good side so that they could leech off of her. Reason 2, most of the girls were wolves in a lamb's cloth.They treated her as if they liked her when in reality, behind her back, they couldn't stand her just because they were envious, which Yerin truly did not understand.She didn't even do anything towards them and they were hating her already just because. Reason 3, it was really annoying and irritatng when the boys wouldn't stop flirting with her even though they knew she wasn't interested.They were all trying to be that lucky guy who could make the ice queen melt.But that was never gonna happen.Not in a million years. And also because she was just totally socially awkward from all the years that she had not connected with any other people besides the close ones she had now.

 

" Kim Jiwon,Goo Junhoe,Kim Minah and Han Mi Yoo,you guys are group number nine,so...that leaves Kim Taehyung,Park Jimin,Im Nayeon and Park Yerin.Congratulations Taehyung and Jimin.Looks like you're getting paired up with the smart ones.You guys are group number 10."

 

While Minah and MiYoo were equally excited to be paired with Jiwon and Junhoe,two of the popular guys in school, it was different for Yerin and Nayeon.The feeling was different for the two.Yerin and Nayeon didn't really care who they end  up with as long as the two didn't get separated so Yerin felt relieved when Nayeon was in her group. She didn't really care who the other two were and she didn't know them personally,never had any form of contact with them nor with any of the other students actually.The only thing she knows were the fact that they were in the same class and that they weren't really on the list of brains in their class,which would make this a lot easier.She wouldn't have to work with the two.She'd just make a proposal to let her and Nayeon handle the project.They wouldn't really care about it anyway.Perfect! On the other hand,for the first time, Nayeon was actually a little excited that they were partners. She'd kown Taehyung and Jimin since the start of high school as they'd been in the same class since then, eventhough Yerin didn't even notice that,and she felt like despite rumours flying around, they looked like fun guys to hang out with.Especially Taehyung.He seemed carefree and funny. Not to mention Cute as well.akekeke.

 

 

*****

When the bell rang and signalled the end of class and start of lunch break,the students were filing out of their classroom and made a bee line down the stairs to the cafeteria. As always, Nayeon and Yerin were in no hurry for lunch and took their time arranging their materials while chatting away.The students would fight over the line in hopes to be the first to get their lunch which, to them ,was irrelevant. Its not like the foods actually had legs and were going to run away or run out.The two grabbed their materials and started walking towards their lockers.

 

" So,have you been to the orphanage lately?" Nayeon asked as she placed her books inside her locker.

 

" Hadn't had the time to after school started.God I miss them." Yerin sighed as she placed her books in her locker. It had been two months almost since she last saw the children and she really missed them.

 

" Why don't you cut yourself some slack and visit them Yerin? You need it.Really." Nayeon breathed out as she closed her locker and leaned on it,waiting for Yerin to do the same.

 

" Maybe I should.I really need their positive vibe.They're like a ball of happy, positive energy which is quite refreshing.Their sort of like you." Yerin contemplated and chuckled at the last part.They really were like Nayeon.Full of life and energy.

 

 

" Excuse me."

 

A boy cleared his throat, catching the attention of the two girls who stood up straight when they came face to face with Jimin and Taehyung.

 

" Oh! Hi Jimin,Hi Taehyung." Nayeon greeted cheerfully as she waved at them. Jimin greeted back with a small "Hey" showing his killer eyesmile while Taehyung could only wave back,words stuck in his throat and eyes stuck on a cheery hamster Nayeon.Yerin only bowed slightly to the two boys who were standing only a meter apart.

 

" So, since we're partners, we were wondering on how we should do this whole stuff,you know?" Jimin was the one who spoke since Taehyung seemed to have magically lost his voice and stood beside him like a robot, eyes fixed on Nayeon. Jimin actually had to nudge him on his side to bring him back from his trance when clearing his throat didn't work.

 

"Jimin-ssi.."

 

" Just call me Jimin. Lets drop the formalities.We're in the same class." Jimin interrupted Yerin and gave her a wide grin as his eyes turned to crescents.

 

" Oh,um,okay. Jimin. You don't have to worry about the project. I've been thinking and, I think Nayeon and I can handle it.You don't need to help us. Its alright with us." Yerin carefully put her words in hope that they wouldn't get offended,though there wasn't really anything to be offended about, but soon contemplated on whether she said the right words or not when she saw Jimin's tiny eyes going as wide as they can,even Taehyung who oddly and weirdly seemed to be out of space turned to her,finally giving some atention.

 

" Really?! You'll do that? " Jimin shrieked in a surprise tone making Yerin flinch a bit. 

 

" That's great!! Thanks Yerin."

 

Jimin beamed at Yerin,happy that he didn't actually need to participate in the project. It was like the heaven's were in their favour, both Jimin's and Taehyung's.Yerin, though composed, actually seemed delighted that Jimin had accepted her proposal. She was sure that they'd get the job done faster if the boys didn't intervene.While Jimin and Yerin had an agreement, Nayeon and Taehyung didn't seem to agree.

 

"NO!" 

 

They both shouted in unison and as soon as the word left their mouths, they turned their heads to each other with wide eyes, accidentally making eye contact.The two quickly averted their gaze elsewhere as soon as their eyes met. Small tint of red creeping up their faces. Nayeon didn't even know why she blushed in the first place. It was like a sudden heat shook her whole body when she looked at Taehyung in the eyes and now she was fiddling with her fingers, looking here and there but not Taehyung.Taehyung cleared his throat and suddenly fake a laugh which caught the three's attention.

 

" I mean, its also our project so we want to help.We can't let you girls do it all by yourself.Right Jimin?" Taehyung awkwardly gleed as he patted Jimin harshly on the back,sending him signals to just go along with it. But Jimin was in too much shock and confusion that he failed to notice the signals.He just stared at Taehyung in confusion.Why would Taehyung want to help? ! He never cared about projects and assignments in the 17 years of his existence!!! They always bore him out!!

 

" What the hell are you saying?"

 

Jimin said the words clear and slow, still staring at Taehyung who was showing a weird smile.

 

" Are you sick? Or just out of your mind?" Taehyung elbowed the shorter one and gave another awkward laugh at the two girls who were looking at them like they were some kind of weird aliens.

 

" Its okay with us Taehyung.Besides, I think it'll be better if its just me and Nayeon working on it. No offence." Yerin said in a composed manner, hoping that Taehyung would just agree to it like he didn't care.

 

"None taken. She's right Taehyung.There's not much we can help with.This is History.Our worst subject." Jimin mouthed the words slowly,hoping that it'd get through the thick skull of his friend.

 

" I know I'm not that good.But hey! Why not at least give it a try?" 

 

By now Jimin's jaw has dropped down as deep as the Earth's crust.This was not Taehyung.This was not his friend.He always thought that maybe Taehyung was an alien who came from a weird planet but now, he's covinced that his friend is actually an alien from a weird planet.That would only make sense from his weird behaviour.Just when Yerin was about to argue for the third time, Nayeon interjected.

 

" I think its actually a great idea for you to help.Like he said, this is also your project. And I actually think we'll need all four to finish this."

 

"But Nayeon I--"

 

Yerin was about to argue for the umpteenth time when Nayeon gave her a look that shut her up.

 

 

" No Yerin.If we do it on our own you'll be the one doing most of the job again.You already have so much to do already."

 

Nayeon pointed out and Yerin could only close .She was actually right. Even though Nayeon was not an idiot, maybe just dumb sometimes, she wasn't as smart as Yerin and it was often Yerin who got most of the work done when they get partnered up.Not that she's complaining. It was actually vice-versa.

 

" Okay! When should we start? The projects due on Monday so the quicker the better.After school?" Nayeon chirped and was back to her cheery self when there were no longer delayed protests.

 

 

" I can't. I have dance practice after school with Jungkook." Jimin sighed heavily. He was so close to passing the project with flying colours without lending any help.Now that was all flushed down the drain.

 

"Dance practice? Wow!! I didn't know you guys danced." Nayeon was looking at them with saucer eyes,a glint of admiration in her eyes.

 

"Well...I don't. Just Jimin,and Jungkook.He's the maknae of the gang.He's actually a fresher in our school." Taehyung replied and didn't even know why he talked about Jungkook, for some unknown reason he just didn't quite like it when Nayeon looked at Jimin like he was made of gold.

 

"  Taehyung here sings actually. He's got a really nice voice, for an idiot." Jimin intervened.

 

"Wow!! DAEBAK!! That's amazing! I bet you're really good at it since you have such a deep voice." Now Nayeon was looking at Taehyung like he was made of gold and Taehyung felt flustered and shyly rubbed his nape.

 

" So since I have dance practice after school, how about at night, after dinner on the weekdays and the whole Saturday and Sunday?" Jimin asked,actually thinking on what would work for them since he couldn't back out now and was going to help anyways.

 

"Sounds great! " Nayeon chirped once again and looked at Yerin who unenthusiastically nodded in approvement.The two boys left hurriedly for their locker after that and Nayeon was pulled by Yerin down the stairs to the cafeteria.She was starving already since she hardly had any breakfast and the three just wouldn't stop chatting away.Lately,she found herself losing her appetite and could  hardly ate any even when she was hungry. What was wrong with her?

 

 

*****

"Jungkook's not coming?"

 

Jimin asked Taehyung with his mouh full as the other guy shut his phone and shoved the food in his mouth before replying," Yeah.Says he's not hungry.Probably in his new found place again." 

 

" I wonder if he's okay.He's been so out of it ever since his encounter with Got7."

 

Jimin sighed at the thought of Jungkook who was laying on the hard concrete floor in the middle of an alleyway, bleeding, bruised and unconscious.Everyone was mortified to see Jungkook in that situation but Jungkook would only tell them that it was Got7 and nothing more.

 

 

"Do you think something happened back then? Between Jungkook and Mark and his gang of minions?" Jimin curiously asked Taehyung who only shrugged.Like hell he knew anything. He was just as clueless as the others.

 

 

*****

Jungkook was sitting on the grass, leaning against the wall as he closed his eyes,inhaling the spring breeze and looked at the small pond laid out in front of him.He had found this little place on his fourth week at Seoul National High when the girls started to take notice of him.He  had been running here and there,trying to escape the thirsty girls. Luckily,he found this little place on one of his escapades which seemed to have been unknown by the others.It was behind the left building.It wasn't all that much but it was actually really calm and beautiful with the little pond in the middle with flagstones placed around it, and now that spring has arrived and flowers began to bloom,encircling the pond, it was actually mesmerizing.Now this place had become one of his sanctuaries.Besides him, it was only Jimin and Taehyung who knew since he had no other friends in school besides them. He didn't need new faces anyway. If he wasn't in class, and he wasn't with his two idiotic hyungs in the cafeteria,this was where he could be found.

 

 

Jungkook looked around his surroundings,calm and peaceful.The grasses and flowers were swaying and dancing in perfect synchronization as the cool spring breeze glide over them,the pond glistening like diamonds under the warm sun.Everything was peaceful indeed. Except for Jungkook's mind which had only been running here and there since his encounter with Got7 and the call with Mark's uncle who,apparently knew his parents.Everything that Yeon Jung Hoon said was confusing him and creeping in his mind.It just didn't make any sense.How can his mom be shot by a bullet? She was hit by a car.A hit and run case.Wasn't she? Now Jungkook wasn't all too sure and he didn't know what to believe.

 

 

Flashback 4 years ago

 

Jungkook Age 11

 

Sitting in one of his favourite classes on a Friday,Jungkook listened intentedlly to their music teacher Mr.Kwon who was teaching them about lyrical composition.Since he was a little kid, Jungkook had always loved the art of music and dancing. He would sing his heart out as he made cute little dance moves in front of his parents which always brought pride and happiness to his parents.He noted down every word his teacher was saying,keen on learning how to compose the best lyrics.It was his passion that drove him to concentrate on this class,but also because he had a special surprise for his mom's upcoming birthday which was in three weeks,i.e,August 26th.He had been thinking real hard on what he should give her and decided,he was going to compose his own song for his mother. His mother was the best mother any person could ever ask for.She would support him in every way,defend him whenever he got in any kind of trouble eventhough she would later scold him in private.She cared for him so much and was always worried about him 24/7.She would always be on the verge of crying,making a fuss and baby him every time he got an injury from playing with his friends,even if the wound was just a tiny scratch. Eventhough words can't describe how much his love for his mother was and how much he appreciated her love, he wanted his first song that he was about to compose dedicated to his mother.

 

 

While Jungkook was listening intentedly to each and every word that escaped his teacher's mouth,there was a sudden knock on the door and in came their homeroom teacher Mr.Jang who approached and whispered something to Mr.Kwon who, as he listened to his words, bore a dark expression that matches that of Mr.Jang's. After a minute of Mr.Jang whispering whatever it was to Mr.Kwon, Jungkook heard his name being called by his music teacher who motioned him to come up front. When he reached the two teachers,he was being told to follow Mr.Jang to wherever and though he was confused and so was the other students,Jungkook obediently followed his teacher out,who calmly closed the door to the classroom.

 

After the door was closed, Mr.Jang walked a few steps forward with Jungkook following just behind when suddenly he stopped and turned to Jungkook, suprising him a bit. Mr.Jang still had the dark expression from before and Jungkook was now curious as to why. Had he done anything wrong? was what he thought for the few minutes Mr.Jang stood there,facing him, mouth opening and closing as if he was trying to say something but didn't know how to say it. After a few minutes passed, Mr.Jang let out a heavy breath and placed a hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

 

 

" Is there something wrong sonsaengnim?"

 

 

Jungkook slowly but curiously asked as  he felt odd.Mr.Jang let out a final sigh before he said words and sentences which Jungkook found hard to decipher,to understand and asked his teacher to repeat his words, not because he couldn't hear him, but because his teacher's words didn't make sense and the words were hard to sink in.

 

 

" Jungkook. I just got a call from your father...and...I'm really sorry to tell you this...but...um..your mother....your mother had been in an accident." Mr.Jang,with a heavy heart said as he looked at the boy who froze, as if his words were slowly sinking in, letter by letter.

 

 

" Jungkook, your mother......she...she couldn't make it. I'm really sorry Jungkook."

 

Mr.Jang squeezed both his shoulders in comfort. By now his teacher's words had loudly rung in Jungkook's head. Each word clearly printed in his head.

 

 

"Taehyung's father is waiting for you. He's here to pick you up and take you to the hospital."

 

 

 

Jungkook didn't even know what happened after that.He didn't even know what his teacher said afterwards,or how he was brought to Taehyung's father who was waiting for him in the principal's office,how or when he got inside the car and when they reached the hospital. He didn't even take notice of his father and hyung and the others who were already there and calling for him. All he knew was that the moment they reached the hospital,he was running and shouting,calling out for his mother and felt his heart constrict in pain when he couldn't find her. After running around for a few minutes,a man held onto him and said words he couldn't really decipher and led him to where his mother was.There she was,his mother, peacefully lying on a bed in one of the private rooms,a thin white sheet covering her body and showing only her face.

 

 

Slowly, with heavy steps, Jungkook walked up to his mother, tears b in his eyes, threatening to fall when he saw his mother ,lifelessly laying on the bed. She was pale but still, she looked really beautiful.She was cold when Jungkook reached for her hand. His mother had never felt so cold.She was always warm and Jungkook loved her hugs and touches because she always radiated warmth that made him feel safe and secure.When he was little,whenever Jungkook had any nightmares or just couldn't sleep, he would sneakily creep inside his parents bedroom and snug in between his parents where he would curl his little fingers around his mom's waist, hug her and fall asleep in a moment.Whenever he got in trouble or was scared, he'd run up to her and she would immediately hold him in her embrace and everything would be okay. But now, his mom's hands which used to be filled with warmth was now as cold as the winter snow and as pale as the winter's moon.

 

 

"Mom.."

 

He called out with a shaky voice,almost inaudible.He was feeling lightheaded and everything was like a dream.He called out for the second time,lightly shaking his mother who stayed unmoving.

 

" Mom...Mom!!!"

 

He shouted at the top of his lungs and shook her body but his mother remained unresponsive.His brother,Junghyun who stood beside him was shedding tears as well as he hugged his little brother, trying to calm him down and trying to be a big brother although he too was emotionally unstable at the moment.

 

"Mom..please..please..wake up...WAKE UP!! Don't leave me mom..please.don't leave me.."

 

His tears were now streaming down his face uncontroallably as he hugged the lifeless body of his mother. Her warmth was gone. Her voice was gone .Her touch. Gone. His mother who meant the world to him was gone. Dead.

 

"Hyung...tell mom to wake up..." Jungkook sobbed as Junghyun wrapped his arms around him, tears streaming down both their faces.

 

 

"Jungkook-ah,I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I can't do anything to help mom.."

 

Junghyun sobbed as he embraced his little brother who was crying at the top of his lungs. He wanted to be a big brother and comfort Jungkook but,what was he supposed to do?, he too was only 18 years old,a mere high school senior.He was too young to learn how to cope with the death of a parent and how to comfort his brother. In fact, no one is old enough to learn how to cope with the death of a loved one.

 

 

 

The door to the room opened as their father entered with the doctor. His eyes were red, probably from crying. He wanted to break down and cry but he was their father, he had to stay strong for them at least. He felt tears stinging his eyes when he saw his two sons crying,Junghyun embracing his brother who was holding onto his mother for dear life. It was breaking his heart.

 

" How could this happen Sang Woo? Why does she have to leave us when we need her so much? Its my fault. My fault."

 

He said in a shaky voice as he wiped the tears threatening to fall.Sang Woo, the doctor who stood beside him, watching the sad scene squeezed, his friend's shoulder as he too was on the verge of crying.

 

" Don't say that Jaehyun. None of this was your fault. Don't blame yourself. Eunhye wouldn't want that. Right now, you have to be strong for your children.They need their father Jae." Sangwoo said as he turned to leave, unable to stay any longer as he witness the heartbreaking scene.

 

 

Jaehyun slowly walked up to his wife's bed, hands slowly raised as he caressed her pale and cold face lovingly. Memories of the day the two first met flashed before his eyes. How he fell in love with her and did everything to win her heart. Every foolish and stupid thing a man in love would do, Jaehyun did it all for Eunhye. How happy he felt when Eunhye agreed to go on a date and how he almost cried tears of joy when he found out that the feelings were mutual.The moment he saw her walking down the aisle,he felt the world stopped and he felt like he was the luckiest man on Earth. He was grateful that she stood by his side,trusting him and loving him through the ups and downs, for giving him two wonderful sons. But now, now that she was lying there on the cold hospital bed,unable to wipe away the tears falling from their two children,everything seemed so meaingless now without her. How were they supposed to go on without her by their side? How was he suppose to go on living when they promised to stay together and breathe their last together?

 

 

 

" Eun Hye...Eun Hye...I'm sorry. Forgive me Eun Hye. Please don't leave us honey..please.."

 

He sobbed as tears fell from his eyes, unable to stay in control of himself as he planned. How could he?The love of his life and the mother of his children was gone.He turned to his two sons who were helplessly crying.How can he face them now? How can he do it alone?T hey needed their mother. He needed his wife.

 

 

Jungkook didn't know what to feel, didn't know what to think, didn't know what to say. Of course, what would an 11 year old say or think when his mother died,he could hardly grasp the situation. Everything was fine before. Everything was fine that morning when he left for school. His mother waved him and his brother off with the same usual smile.She had packed them lunch as usual even though they could just buy lunch in the cafeteria.She loved making them lunch boxes and they always loved that she took the time to as it was always made with the tenderest love.They were suppose to go on a family outing tomorrow like they always did on weekends. His mother wasn't suppose to lie on this dingy hospital bed.She was supposed to be there when he gets home from his dance lessons after school,asking him about his day,how his practice went and saying that she can't wait for the day his son would finally stand on stage.She was supposed to support him and dream with her like she always did.She was supposed to hear his first ever composed song on her birthday,three weeks from now and Jungkook was supposed to make her cry tears of joy even if his song was really childish.

 

He was supposed to wake up to the sweet smell of his favourite cake which his mom  personally baked with candles on top,her holding up the cake and singing him a birthday song with his dad and hyung behind as they enter his bedroom.He was supposed to wake up to that on his 12th birthday which was in a month as he had always did, and on the many more birthdays to come.Who was going to stay up till late at night on the eve of his birthday,baking him his cake just so he can wake up early in the morning to the sweet smell of moist chocolate cake?

 

 

How did everything turn out like this?

 

 

How can a person hit someone and just run away?

 

 

Why does it have to be his mother who was the unlucky one?

 

 

Why?

 

T

hat's all he could ask himself.That's all Jungkook could think.

 

 

 

Thinking back on the past,the pale and lifeless body of his mother flashing in front of him,a tear fell from Jungkook's eye as he bit back hardly, suppressing his tears from falling any further.He had stopped crying a long time ago.He didn't want to be weak. No matter how bad the situation got,no matter how hurt he was,he would never cry.He had taught himself not to cry and be weak.But, even when he taught hmself that,every once in a while when the thought of his mother and the past crossed his mind,he seemed to not be able to control his emotions.He quickly wiped away the tear when he heard the bell ring,signalling the start of the afternoon classes and got up to go back to class, even though all he wanted was to go home and curl in a ball on his bed.

 

All he ever really wanted was his mother and his family.

 

 

*****

" How could he do that to me?!!"

 

Yerin was fuming inside as she entered her room and flopped down on her bed.Bogum quietly walked towards her with hands in his pockets.

 

" Why? What did dad say?"

 

He curiously asked as he sat beside his sister who hid her face in her pillow,trying not to control herself. She slowly turned herself and laid on her back heaving a heavy sigh.Earlier, she had been called by her father to his study room to discuss about the request she had made a few weeks ago regarding sponsoring the orphanage.

 

" He said that it was no use trying to save a place which was already in ruins. According to him,it would be more 'benefitting' to buy the land and build a hotel in its place than spending 'loads of money' funding a 'rundow' orphanage." Yerin furiously sat up,facing her brother who seemed shocked by her words.

 

" Can you believe it oppa?! How could he do that?! How could he do that to the kids? They have nowhere else to go.I know that he's a strict businessman who sticks by his rules but,how can he not have an ounce of sympathy?"

 

By now Yerin was on the verge of crying.What was she supposed to do? What was she going to tell Mrs.Choi who had high hopes in her? Bogum hugged his sister who silently sobbed in his chest, patting her and drawing circles at her back in an attempt to calm her.

 

" What am I supposed to do now oppa? What will happen to the kids?"

 

If there was one thing that Bogum's heart cannot take,it was seeing his dear sister cry.Since the day she was born, he had sworn to protect her and be the best brother ever, so, his heart would sink everytime he saw his little sister cry. He would always think of ways to stop the tears in her from flowing and do anything he can to place a smile on her face.

 

" Don't worry Yennie.I won't let anything happen to them okay? I'll try to reason with dad.So,don't worry okay?" He softly said and reassured her as he calmly her hair.Yerin sniffled and sat up straight, rubbing her bloodshot eyes.

 

" You would? Thank you oppa.Thank you.Please,don't let him take down the orphanage." Yerin begged as more tears started forming in her eyes.It was at times like this that she was really grateful to have her brother by her side.He would do anything for her and she knows that she would do anything for him too.They could count on each other.

 

" I won't.Just have faith in oppa okay Yennie?"

 

Bogum said as he wiped the tears away from her face and gave her his brotherly smile.Yerin nodded and smiled as well.There was a little hope left. She knew that if her brother talked to their father, he was more likely to at least try and consider since after all, he was the heir to his company.

 

 

Yerin,feeling stuffy from the happenings stepped out of the house to get some fresh air.She rarely went out at night since there was no time in her busy schedule to just walk about.But right now,she didn't care about all the works needed to be done.She just had to get out of the house for a moment or she would really lose it.Walking down the street,there was hardly any people to see.The street lights illuminated the dark road and she could see the mansions alligned by the side.This was the 'richer' part of Seoul indeed.

 

The night air was calm and cool and she felt relaxed under it.She was slowly gettig calm and enjoyed the cool breeze. It had been a really long time since she had the chance to enjoy the spring breeze.Spring was one of her favourite seasons besides autumn.It was lovely to see all the flowers blooming in different colours.It was as if the Earth was fully alive.Closing her eyes and inhaling the scent,she slowly walked down the road,enjoying the cool breeze that hit her face, pushing thoughts about the orphanage and works at the corner of her mind for awhile.Looking up at the sky,the stars were shining brightly more than ever which amazed Yerin,a bright smile plastered on her face as she watched the night sky,failing to see the man walking towards her, head down and hoodie up with his hands in his pockets.

 

 

"OOOFF!!"

 

Yerin fell flat on her when she collided on something,or was it someone? She felt the stinging sensation in her when it made contact with the hard ground and winced a little.

 

" Ah! I'm sorry.I wasn't looking at where I was going. Are you okay?Can you get up?" 

 

A man inquired with a hint of worry in his voice.Yerin looked up to see the owner of the voice but couldn't exactly make out his face as it was a bit dark and the guy had his hoodie covering most of his face.He held out his hand in a attempt to help her up.The first thing on Yerin's mind when she saw the stranger's hand was to decline it and get up herself and that was exactly what she did,until she kinda lost balance.The stranger quickly reacted and held onto her waist, preventing her from falling again.

 

" Are you okay? Can you stand on your own?"

 

He asked again with the same tone of worriness.To say that Yerin was a bit surprised that moment was an understatement.She was downright embarassed.In her attempt to be her own cool and collected self,she had lost her balance and almost landed on her the second time.If it wasn't for the stranger who had held on to her by her waist...WAIT!   Waist?  Yerin looked down at her waist and saw that the man was still holding onto her.She suddenly jumped away from him,surprising him in the process as he stepped back a bit.

 

" Um,um, I-I'm fine.Thank you."

 

She mentally cursed herself for stuttering.She was always calm and collected since that was how she had been raised to be but,right now,calm and collected my ,tch, she was nervous and embarrased as hell which was not a good sign.Yerin looked at the stranger in front, who,eventhough it was hard to make out seemed surprised. She quickly averted her gaze elsewhere.

 

" I'm sorry.It was my fault too.For not looking."

 

Just when the stranger was about to say that it was okay,Yerin spoke first.

 

" Then,I'll be going.Goodnght."

 

 

Jungkook watched as the girl abruptly bowed,turned and walked away.He was taken aback by her behaviour but didn't fail to notice the slight tint on her face when he squinted his eyes a little to properly see her face in the dark.It was hard to make out her features but the tint was more visible on her pale,white cheeks.He shrugged to himself before he took a few more steps forward and entered his mansion.

 

 

*****

Yerin her heels and walked as fast as she could,away from the scene and back to the path leading her to her house. All the way mentally cursing herself.For what? She quite doesn't even know.Maybe it was for not looking at where she was heading.Maybe it was for embarassing herself.Or maybe it was because she felt flustered by a stranger she had never met and hopefully won't ever meet again.She walked in a pace which was way waaay faster than her normal speed.When she reached home,she ran up the stairs,ignoring her brother's call from the sofa,asking her where she went and shut herself in her room.

 

Yerin laid in her bed,hiding herself under her sheets as her mind continuously played back the embarassing scene earlier.

 

"Stupid,stupid,stupid.Gawwwddd!! I actually landed o my ...Ahh!! That was so embarassing!!"

 

She squealed in embarassment and cotinued to quietly curse herself.She felt herself burning in heat from being unable to calm herself and from hiding under the covers.

 

For the first time in a long time,Yerin found herself laying in bed before midnight and actually falling asleep before midnight,stacks of work sitting on her table as she soundly dozed off to dreamland.

 

I hope I don't see him again.

 


 

 

This chapter was a bit difficult to write but thank GOD! I finished.Its a pretty long a** chapter but anyway,hope you like it.More better chapters ahead!!

I'll edit any mistakes later.Don't forget to comment and subscribe..Love you guys.. ;)