Chapter 6

I am his Mistress

ARWEN’S P.O.V

My gaze was focused on the man in front wearing a black tux. I was still sitting down on the floor with the man gripping my arm.

“Mr. Kim! She seems to be-“

“I said let her go. She’s one of my employees and I’ll be the one responsible for her. So let go” Kai still held his cold glare. The man looked at me and back at Kai before letting me go. He bowed to Kai and walked away looking confused.

I stood up and patted my clothes. I looked down and saw my broken camera on the floor. I was about to pick it up when another hand gripped my arm.

Kai dragged me out of the room making sure that no one noticed us. Once we got out, he pushed me in front and narrowed his eyes at me.

“Who are you? Are you spying on us?” I can’t help but to flinch at the tone of his voice.

“I-I’m not spying on anyone. I’m just here for my job” I said avoiding his eyes.

“And that is?” he questioned.

I looked down trying to find the right words to say. Am I really spying on them? I heard him sigh and I looked at him.

“Leave. You have no business here” he said turning around and walking away. What?!

“Hey! Wait! What about my camera?” I yelled gaining back his attention. He stopped in his track and turned around.

“Is that my fault?” he rolled his eyes at me and continued walking. I heaved a heavy sigh and stomped my feet on the ground.

“What am I going to do now?” I whispered to myself. I turn myself around and bitterly walked home.

The moment I got home I laid myself on my bed and whined loudly.

“First work I had and I completely blew it up!” I cried my arms waving in the air. My eyes suddenly open widely and I sit up.

“What am I supposed to say to my boss? Am I going to get fired?” I went back to my whining and crying and stayed on my bed for another hour.

~~~~~~~~~

 

I hesitated going to work today but here I am sitting down on my table with a camera I borrowed from Jimin earlier this morning. Good thing she doesn’t have any photo shoot today.

Hani was busy putting make up on the models and Jimin was helping her by doing the other models. A knock came from the door and we all looked up to the door.

“Ms. Arwen” the man said and I put the camera down and stepped forward. He waved his hand suggesting me to follow him. I nodded my head to the girls and followed him.

He led me to my boss’ office I immediately felt nervous. He bowed his head a little and walked away. I put my hand on the door knob for a few seconds before breathing heavily and turning it.

There he was sitting down on his chair in front of his table. He was looking down at his laptop and he seems like he was observing something. I coughed softly to gain his attention and he looked up at me and pointed on the chair in front of his table.

I walked silently and sat down on the chair waiting for him to speak up. He leaned back into his chair and looked up to me with a smile.

“I like it. You did a great job” he said congratulating me.

“I’m sorry?” I asked completely lost on what he is saying. Great job on what?

“The photos! You really did a great job on taking pictures last night!” He turned the laptop around and showed me the photos that I supposedly took. My jaw dropped as I scan the photos.  None of these pictures are mine! I didn’t even take them.

I was about to clear things up but my boss cut me off. He stood up walked to me and shook my hand congratulating me for my job.

“Well, that’s all. You can go now” he returned to his chair and looked at the pictures again. I was still surprised and bowed my head to him and walked out of his office.

I walked back to Hani and Jimin and saw the models all ready. Hani came up to me.

“There you are! They’re all set!”She cheered and the models went to their places. I went to the table where I put my camera and grabbed it and started to take pictures of the models.

I was still in daze during the photo shoot. My mind was still in the pictures that my boss showed me. I didn’t take them! The mantra kept on replaying in my head. I still got good photos despite my mind floating somewhere.

I praised the models for their work and bid goodbye to everyone. I was on the waiting shed when my phone rang. I grabbed it from my pocket and picked it up.

“Hello”

“Arwen! Are you home right now?” a high pitched voice came from the other side.

“No, Jess. I’m still on my way” I sighed.  The scene I saw from last night keeps replaying on my head. Jessica….

“Oh... Where are you then? I can pick you up” she cheered.

“You know my workplace right?” I said looking at the bus that just passed me.

“You’re still there? Ok then, wait for me” she said and hanged. I put my phone down and walked back to my company.

 

Jessica arrived after twenty minutes, I think. Her car stopped in front of me and the window rolled down. She waved her hand at me signaling me to get inside.

She drove me into my apartment and I invited her in. She parked her car in front and we both went up.

“You know, you really need a new place” Jessica said looking around the apartment. I rolled my eyes at her comment and went to the kitchen.

“Would you like anything to drink?” I yelled from the kitchen.

“Just water will do!”  I returned to her with two glasses of water. She grabbed the other one and took a drink.

“So, I heard you found a new job?” she asked excitedly putting down the glass of water at the side table.

“Yeah, at least I have a company now to work for” I said glancing at her.

We stayed on the couch and talked about our current lives. As usual Jessica talked about girly things. Shoes, clothes, bags, hair and anything that comes into her mind.

We were enjoying ourselves when the doorbell rang. We both stopped and look at the direction of the door.

“Are you expecting someone?” Jessica asked and I shake my head. I walked to the door and opened it to see a boy, maybe a few years older than me, holding a medium sized box in his hands.

“A delivery for Ms. Lee Arwen” the boy said looking very tired and bored. I nodded my head and he handed me a paper to sign. I signed the papers and he gave the box.

I stared at the box in confusion while the man left already.

“What’s that?” Jessica said behind me and grabbed the box on my hands and went inside. I followed her as she placed the box on the table.

She opened the box and gasped. I raised my eyebrows and quickly peeked at the box. My jaw dropped when I finally saw it.

It was a camera! The latest model of a well known brand!

Jessica took the camera out and held it high on her hands.

“Arwen, you bought this!” Jessica said amazed by the brand new camera. I was still too shocked to reply and I just slightly shake my head.

“Give me that!” I said grabbing the camera in her hands excitedly and immediately testing it out happily.

 

JESSICA’S P.O.V

 

Arwen grabbed the camera from my hands and ran off to test her new camera. I was about to follow her when something caught my eye in the box.  

A shiny gold card.

I picked it up and flipped it over.

 

Ms. Arwen Lee

    I hope this camera can replace your old one.

- CEO of KK Corporation

 

I blinked my eyes and reread the letter again. CEO of KK Corporation? Isn’t that Kai? What does Arwen had to do with Kai? Do they know each other?

I looked at Arwen and she was still into her new camera and keep on taking pictures. I looked at the card and back at her.

I read the card once again and placed it inside the box. I smirked looking at the gold card.

I think I just found a new place for you, Arwen.

 

~~~~~~~~~

How's this Chapter??