Chapter 2

I am his Mistress

The night was fun and everyone had a great time. The guests left already and only the workers and employees were left behind. Kris was talking to his employees and I saw Chen behind him.

I sat down and looked at the pictures that I took. I started to pick out the good ones and observed the others.

“You need a ride home?” I looked up and saw Chen grabbing my bag that was on the table.

“Yeah, sure” I answered looking up at him. He put my bag on his shoulder and we walked to his car.

“Kris said that you can send the pictures to me maybe on Monday” he opened the door for me and made his way to the driver’s seat

“Sure, no problem” I said and hopped inside of his car. I turned my gaze and saw Kris and Victoria coming out from the venue. They walked towards the car that was parked in front of them. Kris opened the car and Victoria kissed him before entering the car. The drove away and Kris went back in.

“He’s not coming?” I muttered still looking at Kris walking back in.

“Who?” I almost forgot that Chen was already inside and I got startled by his voice.

“Kris is not coming with his wife?” I tilted my head as I asked him. Chen chuckled and started the engine.

“Kris is a CEO. His company needs him 24/7 especially now that they are trying to start their business here in Korea.” I nodded my head and he continued.

“It’s hard to be become rich and it’s harder to stay rich” he said and I turned my gaze away.

“How about you? Aren’t you rich too?”

“That’s why I started to work for Kris.” He said and I looked at him confused.

“I was supposed to take over my dad’s company and become the next CEO but I rebelled against and it resulted to my younger brother being the CEO he started to hate me ever since.” He smiled sadly.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to” I apologized and he just nodded his head.

I cursed myself for asking me that and there was an awkward silence between us.

Few minutes later, Chen pulled over and I step out of his car.

“Thanks for the ride” I smiled and he just nodded his head and waved his hand at me.

I watched his car drove away and I sighed to myself. “Great, Arwen. You did great!” I hissed to myself as I mocked myself.

I grabbed the keys in my bag and opened the door. I placed my bag on the table and went to my room to get some clean clothes.

After I took a bath, I walked to my small living room to get started with my pictures. I started to edit the good ones first and followed by the rest.

~~~~~~~

 

My eyes fluttered open when I heard some noises. I stretched my arm out trying to grab my phone. I opened it and checked the time.

“10:15 am” I read. I rolled on my couch to continue my sleep when I heard something.

“Get your lazy out of the couch. I need to sit down!”

My eyes burst open and I immediately stood up and looked up to see the owner of the voice.

“You…You’re here!” I pointed my finger at stranger. The stranger groaned as I lunged myself at her.

“JESSICA!” I hugged her and she returned the hug.

“When did you get here?” I asked as I saw her bags by the door.

“Just this morning. I want surprise you but you were sleeping like a dead log” she shrugged and sat down on my couch. She looked at my laptop and saw the photos that I’ve been editing. She smiled at them and looked at me,

“You getting good at this stuffs” she said as I sat down beside her. She pushed me off and glared at me.

“No no….. Go and take your bath now. We’re going to my new house!” she squealed and I gasped.

“You have a new house now!” I said in disbelief. I never knew Jessica was this rich. I thought.

“Go!” she yelled pushing me to my bedroom.

 

My eyes and mouth were wide open as I stared at the house. Jessica brought me to her new house and I can’t help but to be shocked.

She pulled over and parked her new car.

modern-house-interior-with-nature.jpg

“C’mon!” she yelled excitedly. I shake my head a bit before stepping out of her car.

Jessica walked to the front door and some of the maids greeted her while some walked to the car to get her bags.

I was still in disbelief as I entered her house. Everything was too big and too expensive.

“So what do you think?” she asked as she twirled in the middle of the living room.

“You live here now “I whispered as I looked around the house. I can still remember her old house. Her old house was like a mansion. It was really big and it has 3 floors! The size of her bathroom was the whole size of my apartment and now she has a new house again!

“What’s wrong with your old one?” I asked as I try to calm myself and sat on one of the large couches.

She shrugged “It bores me and besides me this one is more modern, don’t you think?” she said and I gave her my confused face.

“Seriously?” I tilted head at her and she rolled her eyes at me.

“That’s enough. C’mon let’s go shopping now!” She grabbed my arm pulled me outside.

“Shopping? You’re still not satisfied with your new house?”

“Hey! Its grocery shopping. I told my maid that I will be the one to do that” she cleared and we headed off.

 

I was pushing the cart while Jessica kept on throwing everything inside.

“Do you really need all of these food?” I asked as I grabbed some fruits.

“I had a long flight and I am very hungry.” She said and kept on putting food inside.

We spent the whole hour just to buy her foods. I was surprised when she paid it all with a black card.


After we went grocery shopping, we headed to a restaurant to eat. Jessica ordered for me.

“That’s all” Jessica handed back the menu and the waiter walked away.

“Are you really that hungry?” I asked she sighed.

“Will you stop questioning me?” she glared at me and I playfully smiled at her.

“So how’s your life?” Jessica teased and I glared at her this time. She knows that I am having a hard time with everything while she’s practically living in heaven.

“Shut up” I said and drank my water. Jessica looked at me and smiled.

“C’mon, I ‘m sure you want to be like me” she teased and I looked down.

I’ve got to admit. I am really jealous of her. I mean how can she have everything and I am struggling with my life. We’re complete opposites!


I sighed and looked at her. “Even if I want to be like you, I still have a long way to go to be rich like you”

“Oh trust me Arwen, with me by your side you’ll become a princess in no time” she smirked at me and I rolled my eyes at her.

“Oh Jessica” I sighed and she laughed at me.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Hi~~~ Thank you so much for those who subscribed to this story! Thank you! I really appreciate it~~