Chapter 1

I am his Mistress

ARWEN’S P.O.V

 

The smell of newly baked cookies and brewed coffee filled my nostrils as I enter the café. I looked around and spotted an empty table for two beside the window. I walked towards the table and placed my purse on the table.

A waiter walked towards me and I gave him a gentle smile.

“Can I get your order, miss?” he asked politely.

“Just two hot chocolate hazelnut macchiato, please” I replied.

“Alright then” the waiter said softly and walked away.

I turned my head around to look for my client but he was still nowhere to be found. Today, I am going to meet my new client here in Korea as a photographer. I and my best friend Jessica flew here in Korea in hopes to find new jobs. Apparently, only Jessica manages to find hope here.

I glanced towards the entrance of the café and saw man, maybe in his twenties, looked around. Our eyes met and he gave out a confused smile. He walked towards me and looked at down at his phone.

“Uhm… Arwen?” he looked up from his phone and I stood up.

“That’s me. You’re Chen, right?” I shook his hands and we both take our sits.

“I am here on behalf of Mr. Wu. He hired you as our photographer in our business party this coming Friday.” Chen explained and I nodded my head. He took out a brown envelope and handed it to me.

“The venue and the time and listed there. Mr. Wu also include some extra money there just in case”

I looked at the brown envelope for a few seconds before taking it.

“Thanks” I muttered.  Our silence was interrupted when the waiter came with our drinks.

“I’m sorry but I hope you don’t mind my choice of coffee” I grabbed one of the coffee and took a small sip.

“It’s ok. I don’t understand why there are so many flavors of coffee anyway” He smiled at me.

“I think everything is settled then. This Friday, ok?” He raised his eyebrow at me and I nodded at him.

“Yes, this Friday. I’ll make sure to come earlier than the scheduled time.” I assured him and he bids a goodbye and went on.

~~~~~~~

 

I was surprised by the amount of money inside the envelope. I feel like I had already accepted my payment. Rich people…..

I decided to use the money buy myself a suitable dress for the party. I might be a photographer only but I still need to make myself look presentable.

I was walking around the mall finding a dress. The mall wasn’t really crowded. I came across a store with a lot of beautiful dresses inside. I sighed and looked at the envelope in my hands.

edd6a2ab6736fcd2ffde77cbbc83282a.jpg

I entered the store and started to look at some dresses. There are too many clothes in here to choose from and I take my time in finding my dress.

I was busy browsing the clothes when I heard a little commotion. I looked behind me and saw a woman entering the store with three girls behind her. They were holding at least three to four bags each. Some of the employees approached her and greeted her and bowed their head.

“Is she the owner?” I whispered to myself while watching them. I shrugged and returned to what I was doing.

I smiled to myself when I finally found a dress. It was a white cocktail dress with a gold belt on the waist. It was simple but it only makes it more beautiful.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=31221766

A female worker came to my side and smiled at me.

“Would like to try this, miss?” She asked and I shook my head.

“No, but can I get a size medium of this one” She nodded her head and lead me to the cashier.

“Please wait here. I’ll get your dress in a moment.”

I took the money out of the envelope and held it in my hands. I looked around and saw the woman earlier. She was still roaming around the store with her maids, I think, and some employees here.

“Here you go miss” a voice said and I turned around and looked at the girl.

“Oh… here” I handed her the money.

“Who is that woman?” I asked her and she handed me the bag.

“That is one of our regular customers. She’s Mrs. Kim” she said to me and I nodded my head.

I walked out of the store with the bag in my hand.

~~~~~~~~~

 

I sat on my couch with a bowl of ramen in my hands. I still have two days to go before the party. I the T.V and watched some dramas.

Jessica and I usually do this but in her house. I lived in a small old apartment exactly for one person only. I didn’t have enough money to get a bigger one and I stuck to this one. I was kind of jealous with Jessica. She lived in a mansion like house and she has her own cars, maids and everything.

Unfortunately Jessica wasn’t here. She’s having her vacation in London and will return next week leaving me here all alone.

I finished my ramen and put it in the sink. I washed my hands and drank some water.

I went to my room to prepare my camera. I got it as a gift from my parents before they passed away. It is the most important thing to me right now. It is the only thing that reminds me of them.

After I finished my bath, I put on a loose shirt and went straight to my bed. I closed eyes and drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~

 

(Fast forward to the party)

 

I woke up early today to prepare myself. I put on my dress and applied light make-up on my face. I was checking everything when I heard a knocked on my door. I stood for a moment before walking towards the door and opening it.

“Hi! I was sent here by Mr. Wu to get you” Chen smiled at me while I looked at him with wide eyes.

“How did you know I lived here?” I asked him still looking surprised.

Chen looked down and scratched the back of his neck. “I kinda followed you home.’
 

“So you stalked me?” I asked glaring at him a little. Chen was still looking down. I sighed.

“I think we should go now” I went back inside and grabbed my bag.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to yell at you” I said and he just laughed it off.

“Don’t worry. Mr. Wu is a lot worse.

He led me to his car which is obviously a very expensive car. He opened the door and I went inside.

 

The ride only took 30 minutes and I can see a lot of luxurious cars parked here. Chen opened the door for me and accompanied me inside.

The venue was big enough. There are some tables at the side and everyone was busy preparing for the party.

Dutch-Hall-Event-Venue-London.jpg

“The party will start in an hour. Mr. Wu is still not here. He will arrive with the others later, ok?” Chen looked at me and I nodded my head.

“You know what to do, right?”

“Yes. Will there be any specific persons that I need to take a picture?” I asked him as I looked around.

He chuckled and took my camera. “I think Mr. Wu likes to be the center of attraction” He said and I laughed a bit.

“I should take note of that.” I said and he handed my camera back.

“Arwen, I need to go. I still have other things to settle” He said before walking away.

I watched him go and I went in one of the tables to prepare my camera. I took some shots of the venue and checked them out. I decided to walk around to familiarize myself of the venue.

 

An hour later, people started to come and I immediately made my way to the entrance to take their photos.

Guys in suits and women in dresses kept on coming in. Soon enough, guests and visitors started to fill the room. I was told that almost everyone was here and Mr. Wu will soon arrive.

Few minutes later, people started to crowd in front of the stage and walked with them. Claps were heard and a guy in a dark navy blue suit came to stage and grabbed the microphone that was handed to him.

“Good evening everyone! Tonight marks the first day of the Wu Corporation here in Korea. I am looking forward to working with all of you and I hope that this party will bring us together. Ladies and gentlemen, I am Kris Wu of Wu Corporation and I hope that you enjoy this night”

Kris walked off the stage and went to greet the other CEO’s. I followed him but kept a safe distance and started to take his photos.

I can see that everyone wants to be a part of Kris’s company. It was getting harder for me take his photos with all the people surrounding him. I put my camera down and went to take a sit.

“Hey” a voice came behind me and I saw Chen holding two drinks. He handed me the other one and I looked at him.

“Don’t worry. It’s not alcohol” I laughed and took the drink. We had a small talked and were enjoying ourselves

“Arwen Lee” A firm voice said I immediately stood up and bowed. Kris was in front of us with a lady beside him.

“No, it’s alright. No need to be so formal. Are you enjoying the party?” He asked and the lady beside him smiled at me.

“Yes, Mr. Wu. But I didn’t forget about my job here” I answered and he chuckled.

“Anyway, I want you to meet my wife. This is Victoria” Kris put his arm around her.

fx-victoria.png

“It is a pleasure to meet the two of you” I smiled at them.

“Well, we need to go. There are still a lot of guests that I need to greet.” The couple then walked away from us.

I kinda forgot that Chen was beside me the whole time. I looked at him and he was still drinking.

“How come you don’t greet your boss?” I asked him and he was still drinking his drink.

“I only treat him like that when we are in a meeting but during times like this he is my best friend “he shrugged.

“He’s your best friend?” I raised my voice a little and Chen turned his head at me.

“Why do you look so surprised?” He narrowed his eyes at me and gave out a nervous laugh.

“Nothing” I said and immediately walked away with my camera and took some photos again.

“Hey! Come back here!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frist Chapter! How is it? Boring??