Arriving To Confusion

Tumbling Into Wonderland

 

 Lying down on the ground was the first thing he did as soon as the car stopped moving. Oh how he was grateful to place both feet back on the ground. The more times he got in a car with his dad, the more convinced he was that he wanted to get rid of them all and collect the insurance money. If there was one thing he learnt the last few hours, his dad's driving was not to be messed with.

The siblings looked around their new 'home' curiously. Unsurprisingly, it was nothing like their old one - it had four bedrooms instead of three for starters. He chose the room closer to the sunlight whereas his sister chose the one next door which was directly facing in the cool shade.

They were opposites in almost everything they did. His new room looked sterile and white, it seemed it would take a few weeks for it to feel like his. Soon he'd put his pictures up and paint the walls but for now - relaxation time he thought as he jumped on the bed.

Whilst absent mindedly looking around he couldn't help but notice something odd. 'That's weird' he mumbled as he got up to look out of the window. His bedroom was directly facing another person's one. Another teenager he assumed by the decorations. The room was everything his hospital like one was not. Orange paint with hundreds of posters littering the walls.

He gaped in suprise, never seeing a room this expressive and funky looking. He wanted to meet the owner of this fun looking room, hopefully they could become friends, this person seemed very similar to him in some ways.

That night while eating dinner the whole family prayed together silently for their happiness and success in this new city. Hoseok wished that he could attend the university of his dreams while making lots of good friends and memories along the way. Min Hee prayed that she would start a beauty salon soon and it would become popular and well liked.

Their parents hoped that their two children would soon see Daegu as their new home and not let the past hold them back. They didn't speak to each other during this short period of reflection but instead, mentally supported each other to do well for the future.

Ring Ring Ring. Hoseok sighed as he rolled out of bed and onto the floor with a thud. The floor now his pillow. He welcomed the contrast of the cool floor in comparison to his warm sheets. "Five more minutes," he mumbled to himself before dozing off again.

Roughly thirty minutes later his mother barged in slamming the door shut behind her. "Hoseok-ah, are you ill? Get up. It's your first day of school and you're already so late," she mentioned, shaking his still form gently. He stirred but remained asleep, the only sign of life coming from his soft but constant snores.

She walked up to the cardboard box his posters and magazines were still in. They'd moved here several days ago but most his belongs remained unpacked. After grabbing a few of his most prized possessions, she sat on the bed and began shuffling through them before commenting, "Woah, daekbak, Irene looks good on this album cover. It would be such a shame to have to destroy this. If only you had a better owner, I'm sorry to have to do this" she cackled evilly in her head knowing that in three, two, one-

"NOOOOOO!" Hoseok shot up like lighting, ready to protect his favourite group, all thoughts of sleep forgotten. Grabbing the album he waited ages in the line to aquire from his manipulative mother, he placed it safely back in the box. "Aigoo, my little sunshine. You would think you graduated from school a long time ago with the way you're lounging about. Get dressed, your father and sister left a few minutes ago. You're lucky I'm not forcing you to scavenge their remains," she joked lightly before heading back into the kitchen causing the room to go quiet again.

He walked downstairs in his classic black jeans, Timberlands, a stylish T-shirt, which had "YOUR HOPE IS HERE" splattered across the middle, a characteristic statement of his that he got personalised at a store a few weeks ago. It was going to be his final year of high school and he was determined to make it count. And so far there was only one problem.

"You're late. Grab this and go," his mother stated resigned. He took the packed lunch and apple she was holding out and jogged to the front door. The short car ride to Daegu High was comprised of the younger of the two's relentless questions.

"So, when will my uniform arrive? Did you speak the headteacher about it already? Are all the forms signed? I just need to go to class G-2 right? Why aren't you answering? Eomma?" He fired off rapidly without breathing, never stopping to consider the importance of oxygen to human survival.

However, right now the side glares that his mother was sending him were more threatening to his own survival. He gulped nervously and flattened his hair, aware that his ability to talk for large periods without pause tended to annoy her sometimes.

"They arrive tomorrow. I already spoke to the headteacher and he agreed to let you come in without a uniform providing it's just one day. Yes, and yes. Speak to anyone if you get lost, don't insist on working everything out yourself," she responded, answering all of his questions in the same even tone.

As if fuelled by her words he leaped out of the car as soon as the rusty silver car came to a slow halt. He looked over his back, revealing his eye smile and parted with a loud "See you later!" Eager to join the uniform army that was heading towards the direction of large iron gates, covered partly by a bold 'DAEGU ACADEMY' sign, the young dancer followed the crowd.

Unfortunately, just as he was a few feet away he gasped in horror.The gates to his new school were slowly closing. So he did what any dedicated student would do on his first - he ran, he jumped, aaaaand.......He failed. Epically. The boy who was in the process of closing the gate looked at him like he was a psycho.

"What the hell are you doing? I'm trying to close the gate. It's my day for gate duty and I don't need you trying to mess it up" the teenager complained, a frown marring his face. Hoseok turned to look at this stranger. He had a lanky frame, pitch black hair and his blazer had a simple Jeon Jungkook nametag across the chest. The Gwangju native blinked twice,  confused and slightly unsure. He never thought he'd experience hostility before he even went through the gates.

"What? It's my first day of school and I'm running a bit late. I overslept," he confessed, slightly ashamed by his lack of self control. The younger of the two shook his head "What about uniform? What if you don't even come here and I let you in, will you take responsibly? "

After seeing his playful smirk, Hoseok realised the raven haired boy was joking and grinned before replying "Ah, you got me. I'm Hoseok? Turning nineteen this year. You?" He questioned, curiosity getting the better of him. The raven teen smiled politely and responded "Jeon Jungkook. Just recently turned seventeen. Say, you aren't from around here are you?" He guessed correctly.

Hoseok was aware that the first thing people would notice about him was his strong accent so he didn't hesitate in responding brightly. "Yeah, I moved here from Gwangju a few days ago. I like the atmosphere here, so far it seems peaceful. I'm not sure what lessons will be like though," he chattered away while watching Jungkook lock up before they started heading towards the school building.

After showing him where the main reception was Jungkook left to attend his own class, leaving the elder of the two temporarily alone. But by now he was over twenty minutes late and there wasn't a single student in sight. While speed walking to the student reception he mentally prayed he'd be let off for being new.