The Golden Trio

Tumbling Into Wonderland

The next morning Hoseok walked to school with a bounce in his step.

He'd just about reached the gates when someone jumped on his back suddenly. The heavy weight in his shoulders made him "umpf " before turning around to see the culprit of his pain.

"Ow Tae, get of your heavy off of me!"

"Never!" The younger of the two shouted excitedly with a childish grin.


"We'll see about that then," Hoseok chuckled before running off in a full sprint, shaking and twisting but Taehyung's grip was probably made of steel since he hadn't budged the entire time.

"Are you still trying?! No one can beat me at this hyung, I'm invincible!" He yelled the last part causing the other students walking by to peer at them with confusion.

"Fine, I give up....happy?" He realised that his running round was only making things worse for him, this wasn't so bad.

"Yes mortal. Now take me to my castle!" Taehyung demanded in his deep voice, flailing around like he was on a horse, causing Hoseok to shake his head at the dramatics. "To infinity and beyond!"

"I'm going..."

"Good boy," the orange haired boy purred, patting Hoseok on the head, his minty breath tickling his back making Hoseok shiver.

If Taehyung had noticed the obvious movement, he didn't say anything.

"So, how was detention yesterday? Again I'm sorry I couldn't help you get out of it,"

"It was fine. We were split into groups and we rapped or sang so it was quite fun, "

"What? You rapped?" Taehyung asked incredulously

"Yep! Jealous?" It was a pity his friend couldn't see the smug look on his face but he probably heard it in his voice.

"Yes! I did all my work and you know how much fun I had? None," Taehyung was grumbling by the end of it. "I was literally at home doing more work..."

"Yeah it was fun. Your fault for being a goody two shoes. He did say that we're dead if he sees us again though,"

"Fine! See if I do anymore work next time,"

Hoseok laughed, knowing Taehyung was lying and that he wouldn't be able to miss any assignments even if he wanted to.

"Alright we'll see. Me and Yoongi became friends you know, he invited me to one of his shows this week.."

"You're going to see Suga?!" Taehyung squealed, voice vibrating through Hoseok's back as he fisted his uniform blazer in excitement. Hoseok couldn't help but snigger, what a beautifully ironic name.

"Is that his stage name? That makes no sense. How do you know him?"

"How do I know him? Hyung! I'm his number one fan," Taehyung leapt off his back and continued, "and I'm so excited for his gig on Saturday! He's literally a star, he shines on stage so much..." the bright orange haired boys voice trailed off dreamily.

"You're coming too then? That's great! Can't wait. We can go together, I was worried I'd get lost."

"Alright. Let's meet outside your house at let's say.....6pm?" Taehyung looked at him for confirmation.

"That's fine with me. I'm so excited!"

"Same here! Rapping is so cool and fast. Do you thing Suga hyung could teach me? He makes it look so easy.."

Hoseok opened his mouth to answer but a as interrupted by the shrill ringing of the morning alarm.

"Crap, we're late," he took one look at Taehyung's face and in unison they yelled, "RUN!" and began to sprint towards the classrooms. Taehyung nodded at him in goodbye before entering the room next to his.

He opened to door and was greeted by a sea of students all sitting in their respective desks, all turning to look at him as he entered. Damn you all for being so early and proper. Hoseok's uniform wasn't even properly ironed and some of these students looked so well out together and stiff. Luckily Namjoon and Taehyung were the opposite of stiff. Seokjin and Yoongi were but he was warming up to them both.

"Hoseok it's nice of you to join us. Is there a reason you're now three minutes late?"

"I er...woke up late. Sorry"

"Detention. Now sit down,"

He bowed before walking toward his seat at the back, groaning in his head. From the corner of his eye he saw Namjoon winking at him and he rolled his eyes. Trust Namjoon to find his imminent death in detention by Mr Lee to be amusing. He really hoped the dimpled raven somehow also got detention sometime this week and suffered alongside him, that would teach him. If he had to run laps around a high school pitch, he needed the unfit sadist running next to him.

Like usual he sat beside a sleeping Yoongi who happened to look a hundred times softer when he looked like this. His pitch black hair was fluffy and covered his forehead in a way that made him seem more vulnerable, cuter almost. Hoseok almost wanted to lean in and touch it but one that would be creepy and two he wanted to live to see his grandchildren so there was no way he would be waking the sleeping beast.

There was a quote his grandmother liked to use whenever she was giving him worldly advice. She'd always say "Hoseok get bitten once and you're unlucky, get bitten twice and you're a fool. Do you want to be a fool?" And the younger Hoseok would always respond with an offended "No grandma! I want to be smart like you,"

She would always chuckle at that and pat his head, "but dear being as smart as me comes with a lot of hardships, are you ready to face them? Things aren't always going to be handed to you,"

"Don't worry grandma, I'll do whatever it takes and make you proud!" And he'd stick his thumbs up in a bright way that never failed to make her smile.

Even though he was practically an adult, Hoseok missed her everyday since moving away. Of course phone calls were never enough. Phone calls didn't have that warmth that she'd always managed to carry with her, her homemade meals that tasted miles better than his own mother's, the wise words that she always had for him every time he saw her. She'd gone through a lot and that was evident in the way she spoke and the slightly sad glint that was visible in her eyes to this day.

She'd married young and because of that, she always insisted that Hoseok wait before rushing into his own marriage. Her husband was a fish monger and they'd fallen in love instantly, tying the knot within the first few months of meeting. She claims that back then it just 'felt right' but they realised after the birth of their first child, they were nowhere near ready. Both eighteen and in love, they were living off of his small paying job and not able to manage themselves financially. Their parents tried to support them but it was never enough.

She was from Seoul and on holiday in Gwangju when they'd met, so moving away from her parents was the hardest thing she did. At times, she would speak about carrying her first child whilst only eating one meal a day - her husband being gone from her side for days on end, not knowing if he was going to come back safe from sea.

Loneliness, bitterness, hunger were all feelings that she never knew would become her best friends. He once asked if she regretted it, regretted not marrying a rich man from Seoul who would show her the world and its treasures instead of the flip side of a raw fish, "I don't regret anything. I was given a hardworking husband who loved me so much that I felt treasured, a daughter who grew up to be honest and well educated, grandchildren that I can adore and feel proud of. What's there to regret? Even though we suffered for a few years, I can easily say that the benefits were worth it,"

Hoseok never really knew his grandfather, he had died when he was about five but of the memories he had of him, he remembered a tall broad, shouldered man who had a wide smile and deep laugh lines. Everyone said that he and Hoseok were very similar, their bright laughs and cheerful personalities that made everyone around them happy. She must still miss him daily, he thought to himself, I'm going to call her tonight since it's been a while.

He focused on the class once more and tried to discreetly look at Yoongi again. There were so many things he wanted to say, to ask but they all died in his throat when he noticed that his partner was looking straight at him with one perfectly shaped eyebrow raised. It felt like the first day all over again, it was almost as if yesterday didn't happen. His eyes widened, what if it didn't happen and he'd hallucinated it all? No. Even he wasn't that imaginative.

"Go on, I know you're dying to ask something so go ahead. I don't bite," he smirked at the last part and Hoseok gulped, feeling like that sentence was a lot more dangerous than it sounded.

"Just wondering about the gig on Friday. How long have you been doing this kind of thing?"

Yoongi looked thoughtful for a few seconds as he looked up, "two years now, give or take a few months. It's fun, exciting and you get paid at the end of the day so why not eh?"

"So are you gonna become a rapper full time? No university plans."

Yoongi snorted, "I don't have time for that education bull. I mean it works for some people but not me, no way. It's boring and it leaves you in debt and I refuse to grow old living an unfulfilled life?"

"Yeah I get it, besides competition is too much nowadays. So the chances of being unemployed are high even after your degree,"

"Yeah but if you've got a passion for something I say go for it, no matter what anyone says. What are you doing?" His voice sounded amazing when he wasn't being rude. All sorts of soothing and velvety, amazing really. No wonder he could rap so well. It was a pity he was a man of few words because if Hoseok possessed that voice - he wouldn't shut up, ever. Not that he did normally.

"Dance...." he scratched the back of his bashfully, not sure what Yoongi would think of  his chosen career path. It wasn't exactly academic or particularly guaranteeing success, quite the opposite in fact but Hoseok was determined to make it work. But Yoongi didn't even look fazed, the only outward reaction was a quirk of an eyebrow.

"You can dance?"

"Ye.....wait why do you sound so skeptical? I'm offended. How are dancers meant to look?"

"A bit more graceful, I don't know. I'm glad you've got something to fall back on though, what with how badly you're failing,"

"Hey, I'm secretly a genius okay. I'm telling you, these teachers have it out for me. I'm convinced that they mark my work differently to everyone else's," Hoseok pouted, it was a genuine concern, why else would he be failing this badly.

"Of course, since they have nothing better to do with their lives. Did you kill their kids or something?"

"Kill?" He laughed at the ridiculous idea. "The only way I, Jung Hoseok, would actually manage to kill someone is if I accidentally ran them over with my driving instructor sitting next to me while trying to escape the vehicle safely,"

"I can actually imagine that. Alright now be honest, are you the reason for the suddenly decreasing wildlife population?"

"Maybe. Maybe not," Hoseok winked, "But why would they be decreasing?" He looked thoughtful all of a sudden, "it can't be vegetarian vampires since it's summer and they don't do too well with heat," at Yoongi's stricken look Hoseok burst out laughing.

"I'm joking, haven't you ever watched Twilight?"

"Of course not,"

"Really? You should you know. For fun. It's something everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime,"

"No thank you," the black haired student looked annoyed and unimpressed, "it seems like a pitiful mix between lame and ridiculous."

"Oh we are definitely watching Twilight, it's gonna be hilarious,"

"What? No," his eyes widened and if possible Hoseok's grin grew even wider and he leaned in.

"Yes. You have no choice. Unless you want to marathon High School Musical with me. Choose," Hoseok gave him the ultimatum, cackling evilly in his head. He could do this all day.

Yoongi's eyes travelled heavenward and he muttered, "what have I done to myself?" and at Hoseok's answering "what did you say? Decided?" he closed his eyes and praised himself for his patience- is this what having friends meant? He didn't even know how to  react to this.  "Fine, we'll watch sparkly vampires. Happy?"

"Ecstatic. This is gonna be great! Do you wanna hang out tonight or tomorrow then?"

"I'm free tonight. Meet me at the gates after school ends. Don't be late," Yoongi warned, if there was one thing he hated, it was lateness. Knowing Hoseok character, he'd be stranded outside the gates and end up trampled by the hundreds of students that studied at the damned school along with them, all while waiting.

"Me late? I think you're confusing me with a different person. Maybe Namjoon," Hoseok chuckled at the small dig at his innocently unaware friend who was currently minding his own business at the front. Sorry Namjoon, he though guiltily.

"Well we'll see about that," and Hoseok knew that if he was late, Yoongi would rub it in his face for the rest of his life, not to mention bring it up in every argument concerning his timekeeping ability. He had to be early for this meet up if it was the last thing he did.

He wasn't early. Far from it really. There was a completely valid reason for that however.

He'd been getting changed in the locker room with Taehyung and the rest of their PE class changing out of their sweaty football clothes and into their their uniforms. Their class was a mixture of burly, muscly teenagers and thin, gangly ones. Hoseok lied somewhere in the middle of that. He wasn't a complete twig but he wasn't a beast either, his lean muscles and toned abs came from dancing since it was so physically demanding. Speaking of dancing, he really needed to find the school dance club - performing at home was not nearly as fun as being with a group.

He took of his shirt and then his tracksuits, leaving him in only his boxers. See Hoseok had this thing were he had to take everything off before putting everything back on, unlike most people who changed their clothes one at a time. He felt like it wasn't logical that way, call it weird or a 'quirk' but he'd been doing it since childhood. He turned to Taehyung while he was looking for his shirt and noticed the younger was blinking uncharacteristically fast.

"What you up to tonight?"

"N-nothing much.....probably binge watch One Piece ...you?" He stumbled slightly with his words before looking away, turning towards his school bag and scrambling through it distracted.

"Oh, that sounds like fun. I'm gonna torture Yoongi with some Twilight at my house. It's gonna be a riot,"

"Oh my god, I love that film!

"You should totally come. Yoongi's gonna hate it so the entertainment levels are strong for this one," Hoseok beamed, looking at Taehyung with excitement willing him with his eyes to go to this.

"Wait.......YOONGI HYUNG'S GONNA BE THERE?" Taehyung yelled in Hoseok's ear causing him to wince (ouch). He had quite a voice box on him, it felt like that shout came from his inner ear.

"Yep! Go home and get changed and then come over. We'll  wait for you and then it's on like-"

"Like Donkey Kong!" Taehyung finished for him causing them both to laugh and Hoseok to clap because really, who else could finish his sentences like this?

They both finished getting dressed in record time (Hoseok couldn't even remember seeing Taehyung actually putting on his clothes, he was like a ninja) and left the changing rooms, making their way to the main gate. It was exactly 4:04, four minutes after school ended and Hoseok was calm, it not like Yoongi would be waiting that early anyway. They were walking down the corridor when Hoseok noticed that the orange haired boy's laces were untied for one of his shoes.

"Taehyung tie your laces, you're gonna trip," He advised, not wanting to see the younger boy fall head first and damage something.

"Alright," He agreed easily and bent down and stuffed his laces back in his shoes. He jogged to catch up to him.

"That doesn't work, it'll just come back out. Tie it properly," Hoseok stopped walking now and decided to wait for Taehyung to tie his laces properly.

"Oh I don't tie my laces," the younger boy stated as a matter of fact.

"What? Why not?"

Taehyung shrugged, "why conform to societal expectations. We should all be unique individuals who do things in different yet still successfu-" Taehyung stopped mid sentence because right now, Jung Hoseok was bent down tying his shoe laces for some reason only known to him.

"Hyung what are you-"

"It's fine Tae, the day you want to learn, tell me and I'll teach you okay," He offered kindly and the brown haired boy smiled at him so sweetly that Taehyung shouldn't be held responsible for the fast beating of his heart. And even though he still didn't want to learn something he considered useless, he still found himself nodding - cheeks reddening slightly.

"Okay,"

"Let's go go go. I'm praying that he's not there and we're first. Fingers crossed yeah,"

They left the school  building and Min Yoongi was there, definitely. Standing impatiently in front of the gates, glaring intimidatingly at anyone who so much as brushed against him, tapping his feet on the floor. While he was looking at his watch Hoseok took the distraction as a chance to stand in front of him.

"BOO!"

And.......nothing. Not even a flinch. Instead he got an unimpressed flat stare and a raised eyebrow. He took a step back and with a disappointed voice complained.

"You're not a normal person. Are you even alive or military controlled? How did you not even move?"

"Easily. Now why are you seven minutes late? What happened to 'me, late?'" Yoongi imitated his offended offended voice with a higher pitched voice.

"I don't sound like that at all," He complained, "and is seven minutes what you call late? That's nothing."

"I'm sorry hyung but you do sound like that," Taehyung joined in, giggling.

"Is this what I've organised this for? To be ganged up against? What kind of monsters have I created? Bullying ones..." Hoseok trailed off as Taehyung laughed as Yoongi continued to imitate him.

"I think you're confusing me with a different person," Yoongi said in that annoying high pitched voice.

"Oi, my voice is so much manlier that that. Stop mocking it. S'not my fault you both sound like chain smokers. One of you guys is one,"

"That has nothing to do with this. This is to do with being authentic Daegu men and our superior genes," Yoongi smirked and Taehyung chuckled, nodding while internally fanboying. Honestly Hoseok just wanted to punch the both of them. Authentic Daegu men? What a load of crap. Obviously Gwangju was the superior city, these idiots knew nothing.

However, what would Yoongi have to say about Taehyung's apparently 'superior genes' when he sees the younger boy screaming the  over vampires in a few hours? He didn't know and he really couldn't wait to find out.

 

 


 

 

Whoo I'm gonna call them the golden trio from now on.  I have a feeling this lot are gonna be so much fun to write.

 

Why is yoonseok adorable?! But then why is vhope also adorable?? *sigh*

 

Tae tae you are literally the cutest thing ever, you and your little crush  (wink wink). And of course his fanboying over suga (don't blame him at all tbh)

 

Of course yoongi had to brag about daegu somewhere, he does it enough in real life as it is lol so why not? 

 

Can't wait for their movie night! Hobi literally has his hands full with these two, bless but he did this to himself :)))))