Savage

Drabbles

Gary’s eyes were wild. He growled as he attempted to pounce on Ji Hyo. She screamed and ran away, and Gary gave chase, clawing on the floor. Jae Suk injected a tranquilizer into Gary, and he collapsed on the ground.

Ji Hyo ran over to Gary, her face full of concern.

“He’s a savage now, we need to kill him,” Suk Jin said, drawing his sword.

“No,” Ji Hyo cried, tears in her eyes. She caressed his cheeks. “It’s not his fault that he’s like this,” she murmured.

“If we don’t kill him, he’ll kill us anytime if he awakens,” Suk Jin said.

“If you kill him, you’re killing me too,” Ji Hyo hissed, struggling to carry Gary onto her back.

Jae Suk sighed, and silently helped Ji Hyo carry Gary into his room. Ji Hyo looked over gratefully, but remained silent.

Jong Kook decided to lock Gary’s room, so he couldn’t come out and hurt them.

When Gary woke up, he banged and clawed at the door, wanting to be released. Ji Hyo, who was sleeping next door, woke up and attempted to go into Gary’s room.

Suk Jin, who was guarding the door, stopped Ji Hyo. “Are you crazy?! He’s throwing a fit now.”

“He needs to eat,” Ji Hyo insisted.

“He’ll kill you,” Suk Jin said flatly.

“He wouldn’t,” Ji Hyo said, although she sounded more hopeful than confident. “He wouldn’t,” she repeated more firmly this time.

Suk Jin sighed and let her in.

Gary roared and attempted to escape, but Suk Jin shut the door quickly. Then Gary charged towards Ji Hyo and clawed at her arms. She yelped in pain, and shock flashed across Gary’s eyes momentarily.

He growled again, raising his arms to hit her, but she grabbed his wrist.

“No, oppa! Oppa… it’s me, Ji Hyo…”

His eyes flickered with recognition, and he stared at her.

She reached out to his cheeks, and he flinched at the touch.

“I’m not going to hurt you,” she whispered.

She held his hand and guided him to the bed. He let her.

She fed him as if she was feeding a child.

“Is it nice?” she asked, smiling at him. He looked at her curiously but didn’t respond.

“It was your favourite food…” she mumbled, and continuing to feed him.

 

After she was done, she stood up and ruffled his hair. “I’ll be back later, okay?” she smiled again. “Don’t act so wildly, or else the guys outside will be angry,” she whispered.

He looked at her blankly for a moment, then reached out to her. He held her arms with his scratch marks and brought it to his lips.

“Does it hurt?” he whispered.

She stared at him, too stunned to respond.

“Sorry…” he said.

She smiled, tears running down her cheeks.