Letter 4: Relationship Problem

Dear Lady Unna: the one-stop advice centre for teens [CLOSED]

 

Dear Lady Unna,

 

Nice to meet you! I have a problem - someone in my school likes me but I’m not ready to accept him. I heard that he's going to ask me out soon, but I'm really scared to hurt his feelings! O.O What can I say that will let me reject him nicely? 

Hope you can help me.

 

 

Lady Unna advice:

 

 

Well, there are different things you can say depending on what kind of person the guy is.

Firstly, perhaps you could pout and go ''I won't date anyone else besides SHINee...''. I bet the guy will think of you as an over-obsessed fangirl then, and his feelings will likely not get hurt if that's the case; since obsessed fangirls are that way, y'know. ^^ Sorry that was some pretty trashy advice...I'll be serious now.

 

Secondly, you could SMILE(sad, maybe?) and say ''My parents don't really allow me to date...'' Even though this will make you sound weird, but it does seem like a good ''excuse''. Or is it not? Anyway, rather than saying something like ''I don't plan on dating now'' or ''I'm currently uninterested in dating'', the one above would make it sound like you CAN'T date him rather than you DON'T WANT to date him so hopefully that won't hurt him. Much.

 

Thirdly, you could always give him positive comments first, like saying he has good fashion taste or something. Then, tell him that you need time to think about it. So, if he likes you, he would DEFINITELY wait for you. If he doesn’t, his bad.

I hope this fits into your context. If you would like to describe the situation more in detail or ask for more advice, you could always just request for more advice :)

 

 

<3, Lady Unna