Letter 1: Love Problem

Dear Lady Unna: the one-stop advice centre for teens [CLOSED]

Dear Lady Unna,

Firstly, you're a GENIUS for doing this!!
Secondly, how do you get a guy to start being interested in you without you getting too straightforward?
I know that this is common among teens ;D

THANKSS~

 

Lady Unna advice:

 

Here are some things that you may want to take note of: -

1.Don't act; be yourself: boys may be dense at times but they will surely be able to tell if you are acting or not, at least most of the time. If you do act, how else would you know if the guy really likes you or not? And, what happens when your real character is shown?

2.Make sure he sees you as a GIRL, not as a friend: do not show that you have too many similar interests as the guy. Even though it is good if you DO have many similar interests, guy-conversation overdose may lead the guy to think that you are one of ''them'', decreasing the chances of him being interested in you. So whenever you think you are talking too much of 'guy-stuff', move away from the topic for a while.

Some methods/ways:

1.Hinting yourself:
Works when: You and the guy have had conversations before.
Example, if you are really close to him, you may want to hint that the two of you could be more than just friends. Find more common interests between the two of you. It may stuff like, romantic books and movies or just songs.

2.Asking someone else to hint:
Works when: The 'someone' gets along well with the guy.
Example: You could liaise with your friend and ask your friend to hint something like, “you know… you and _____ do look like a really cute couple”

DO NOTE: This works most of the time. However, guys do not all think alike. So this may only work in certain cases.

And yeah, this does occur with most teenagers. (I am one of them)

I would like to stress that you should BE YOURSELF, and not try to follow methods on the internet or in books that you read. For example, I have read an advice that said that you should try to make the guy interested, then ignore them. However, this is giving false signals. You wouldn’t want it to ruin your relationship, do you? He may not be able to get the signals, so it would make it seem like you do not want to progress with the relationship between the two of you, thus you ignore him.

Hope this advice works for you  :)

<3 Lady Unna