~Chapter Two~ Transferred

ice cream girl 아이스크림 소녀

I flailed and swung my arms around crazily, kicked everywhere, trying to break free of the 2 polices' iron grip but to no avail. *AARGHHH* I screamed in frustration and mentally slapped myself for daydreaming when watching them as we squeezed into the cars.

 

[in the police station]

 

"how old are you guys to even steal seriously? Where are your parents? Why were you out alone it's dangerous for children to be out in the streets at night." we were Huddled together in the holding room, glancing nervously at CAP as he was the oldest and usually took charge. He stood up, jutted out his chin to act confident and said fiercely"I'm the oldest and I'm 15. Arrest us if you want but we WILL NOT be separated. Arraso?!" we stared at him in awe for his courage. "HOHOHOHOHO" 

 

we exchanged startled glances while the policeman let out a series of hearty laughs and ran his eyes across our group once more. "you're all too young to go to even the boys and girls home. You all have no parents to notify and none of you has ever gone to school before. So. . .the only option we have is to. . ." our ears perked up and we expected ourselves to be free again, roaming the streets together. "send you to the orphanage." 

 

"what?! NO. We. Are. Not. Going" CAP stood protectively in front of us and growled. *my sentiments exactly!* I thought to myself, imagining all sorts of adults trying to control us in the orphanage. But the policeman just shook his head, chuckling under his breath and called a couple of policemen over. 

 

I shook the policeman's hand off my shoulders and stomped into the car. What the hell? I thought we made it very clear we were NOT going to the orphanage. And anyways. I can walk by my myself, I don't need some guy to DRAG me by my arm!!

 

We were dropped off, grumbling and cursing, in front of a huge school looking building that had a huge sign at the entrance saying: 남동 Orphanage. A plump woman ushered us in and set us down on soft cozy beanbags and gave us hot chocolate. Feeling safe and warm, we spilled everything about ourselves when she asked, including our name, age and parts of our history. And from there, we started our life in the orphanage. Children avoided us like plague because of our tough past, rumors flew around about us and we had no one but each other. Other than bath time, we 7 were always together. No one dared to bully us either.

 

+ 1 year later+

"Girls, come out!" I scrambled out of my bed and abandoned the book I was reading  and stumbled into the lobby, where I found a dozen of other girls standing in line and a middle aged man waiting. "this is Mr Inro. Please introduce yourself to him. Your name, age and past." soon, it was my turn. 

 

"Uh. . . I'm Park Mi Hye and 12 years old? Uh. .---" "it's okay I know your history and. . .it's. . Interesting." he raised an eyebrow and looked politely amused. I could feel myself bristling at his reaction though. Damn you, stupid old guy. You have no idea what i have been through ITS. NOT. AMUSING. AT. ALL. Instead of slapping him, I shot back and furrowed my brows "it's NOT funny you DOUCHE." My bad feelings for him intensified

 

And the life changing thing happened. He smirked, turned to plump woman (I never bothered to learn her name. Oh well *shrugs* ) with a satisfied smile and said: "she's feisty and strong. I like her, she's the one I want." WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO?!!!

 

"MI HYE. will you just STOP grumbling?! You're so lucky you found a new guardian! Amongst all the girls he chose you! Our aim was to find you a new parent! Now that you're adopted, shouldn't you feel HAPPY?" HELL NO i wanted to stay together with Teen Top! Now I'm getting moved to god-knows-where-in-korea :( but I had no control over the situation so i just ran to the Teen Top's room and fumed in response to her. Ottoke? No more hugs from Ricky and Niel oppas, no more nagging from CAP and Chunji oppas, no more jokes and laughter from l.Joe and changjo! I DON'T WANNA BE ADOPTED!!! No. I will not go with that. . . Mr Inso. I WILL STOP IT NO MATTER WHAT OR I AM NOT MI HYE!!!

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -green-plains-of-wales_1920x1200_273-wide 

I was in Mr Inso's car, driving along the hillside, surrounded by a vast, never ending stretch of greenness . Sigh. . .I leaned out of the window to feel the wind against my face, recalling the reactions of Teen Top oppas when I had to go. // "WHAT THE HELL??!!" I thought we were very clear about this we WON'T BE SEPERATED. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?" Changjo's outburst at the plump woman shocked Teen Top into forgetting their frustration, anger and sadness. She was stunned, but not for long and started explaining some political thing which in short means Teen Top has no right to interfere and I'm going and that's that.  And here I am getting down from the car and walking into this tall building to my new home. We took the lift to the 16th floor and walked to the 2nd door to the right. Nothing could've prepared me for what I saw inside. 

 ******

"THIS IS MY COOKIE I SAW IT FIRST!! Hyung help meee!!!!!" a head poked out of the kitchen, breaking the silence shared when I walked in on them and saw the totally UNGLAM scene: pillows were thrown messily everywhere, two guys were playing pillow fight not caring bout their hair and one was just sitting in the middle watching the tv and not caring. "foo rate I ashe ich bursht. ( too late I ate it first)~" and out came a long haired dude with his mouth bulging full of brown stuff. His eyes dilated in shock and he quickly swallowed and started brushing away crumbs from the side of his mouth. The two playing pillow fight earlier tried (but failed REALLY BADLY) to straighten the pillows and smooth down their hair while glancing nervously at each other. I think my lungs burst when I was trying NOT to laugh.

 

*cricket sounds*

 

My gaze rested on the calm guy. He stood up, walked over to me and gave me a genuine make-girls-melt smile "Annyeong, you must be Mi Hye. I'm jinyoung, you may call me oppa. Welcome to your new home." 

 

I couldn't help it. I smiled back my widest smile and started life in my 6th home.

 


(kekeke^_^ did I make you guys confused? 1st home - biological parents but then she was abandoned. 2nd home - single, mostly drunk father. . .remember? He abandoned her also. 3rd home - the streets. 4th home - With Teen Top. 5th home - the orphanage. 6th home is now!!! )

Please subscribe and give feedback!!^_^