Watching In the Distance

First Impressions Never Change

Jessica's POV

We got to school the next day and a few people were whispering about the facebook post. It was annoying but I kept my cool and remained calm. And of course English class was the only class I could actually calm down in. I glanced over at Tiff who was calmly flipping through a fashion magazine. As I pretended to pay attention by looking at the text book I felt something poking my shoulder. It wouldn't stop! "Jessica!" the voice whispered. I turned around and saw Jay Oppa. "What?" I mouthed back. He passed me a note. 

"You hung out with Victoria!?" I rolled my eyes and wrote back. 

"Of course not you idiot!" He frantically wrote something down and passed it back.

"Then why did she write that on facebook!?" He added Victoria as a friend on facebook?

"If you can't stand her why do you have her as a friend on facebook?" He scratched his head and looked confused.

"Um.... I don't know?" Typical. Just typical Jay.  I rolled my eyes at him. Within a few minutes later class ended.

 

Donghae's POV

I sat in class paying attention to the teacher.... well at least that's what I should have been doing. I was just staring at Jessica the whole time. I watched her pass notes with that Jay guy. I just sat there watching. For the first time I felt left out. Even though I'm popular I felt out of the loop. I wanted to be the one talking to her. I don't know her that well yet but I want to. And I guess that's a start. I've studied for hours after school trying to learn English and I wish she would learn Korean. It would be easier. Even during lunch I was distracted. People surrounded me but I felt distant. It was useless to even talk to her. I can't keep bothering the teachers to translate for me anymore anyway. "Dude are you going to eat your lunch or not?" Leeteuk Hyung asked me. 

"Nah I don't think so." I said as I felt my phone vibrated but I ignored it.

"Can I have it?" He asked.

"Um sure....." My phone kept vibrating. It was getting annoying. I glanced at it to see who was calling and it was Victoria.

"Thanks man! I'm just hungry.... All the time!" He said while eating my lunch and his lunch. "Are you going to talk to her or what? You are popular! Now just talk to her!" I got annoyed. 

"Well I would! But I can't! I can't speak English fluently enough!"

"Whatever." And with that he continued eating both of our lunches. As I looked back at Jessica, but my gaze was blocked. That Jay guy started glaring at me as if she were his girlfriend or something. What right does this guy think he has!? I started glaring back with no intention of backing down. I was right to think of him as competition. You just wait Jay...... Just wait. I will succeed. I guess I didn't really want to succeed for the same reason he did though. I didn't want them as girlfriends. But they were a challenge. And I liked that. I don't exactly want a boring flirt like Victoria. She's fun to play with but not interesting enough. Plus she's like a stalker. She gets obsessed easily... Too easily. 

Just then Victoria came up to me and said "Hi Oppa! Why didn't you pick up your phone or answer my texts? Come sit with me!" And with that she dragged me over to her table. I took one last glance at Jessica who was completely ignoring me. But by no means was I giving up. I don't back down to any challenge.

Tiffany's POV

I guess the day wasn't so bad...... so far. Victoria seemed to be ignoring us except for that glare she would give Jessica. I really don't understand why she hates Jessica. Jessica doesn't even notice Donghae too much. And if she does think about him she just thinks of him as a friend. I think...... Jessica doesn't like discussing boys in front of anyone. She's a private person. I glanced at Victoria's table and she had dragged Donghae over. He was obviously bored but still flirting halfheartedly. You could tell he was thinking about something else. He was concentrating so hard you could almost see the mechanics of his brain moving. Victoria was getting frustrated and so she hit his arm and said in a very loud high pitched voice. "Oppa! Pay attention!" She turned toward us and glared at Jessica as if she was mentally stabbing her a thousand times over. He said something to her, and walked away leaving her fuming mad. Right before she left she turned and gave Jessica a very smug look as if she was planning something. 

"Sica!" I said pulling her earphones out of her ears. 

"What?"

"Did you see that!?

"See what?" She said looking around.

"Victoria!" I explained what had happened but she didn't look to alarmed. 

"Okay whatever. She isn't getting away with anything." She said calmly eating her food.

"What happened to last night? You were saying you were going to have a "little talk" with her and now you are just ignoring her!?"

"Yeah.... I don't think saying anything to her would do anything. But if she does something personal to us; believe me she will get an unwelcomed visit from me.

 

Hi everyone! I'm back! I'm so so so so so sorry for not updating this past week! I've been super busy but here is a chapter so please enjoy it!