Getting To Know You~

How i met your mother

 

Hello everyone, this is your new author IceSong or Em if you guys don't mind. Since main author SweetMsic is pretty lazy these days since she fnished her exams recently, it has become my duty as her dongsaeng and sister to continue on with this story. I'm kidding she'll be writing some chapters too but when she's too busy (lazy) I'll be writing some chapters.

So I hope you guys like this chapter! I hope you forgive me if it since this is the first time I've written fluffy, I usually go for drama, angst and dark stuff.

 

(From Icesong)


Hanbin simply stared at his partner, Bobby, before simply going to his laptop to continue working on the essay for their class project. He honestly wasn’t paying much attention to what Bobby was saying, he was too focused on writing the essay. Until he smelled the delicious smell of caffeine, to which he saw Bobby handing him a cup of coffee, Bobby was showing him one of his stupid smiles. Apparently the idiot had gone to buy some coffee for the both of them at the counter while he was busy working on the paper.

They were working on their class project in a café because neither did Hanbin nor Bobby wanted to take the other to their apartment to work. Hanbin’s reason was because his apartment was filled with dirty clothes and plates meanwhile Bobby’s reason was because he didn’t want Hanbin to see his tiny storage room/apartment.

“For you, I know it must be tiring for you to be writing the essay.” Bobby said as he gestured at Hanbin and the laptop. “So I hope you like cappuccino.”

“Thanks Bubby.” Hanbin said as he grabbed the cup of cappuccino from Bobby’s hand and blew softly on it before taking a sip for himself. “It’s actually my favorite.”

“My name’s Bobby but you’re welcome.” Bobby hummed. Bobby was quite bored since he was the one that was going to present their project to the class while Hanbin did all the written work. He turned to look at Hanbin who seemed too deep into the writing zone so he decided to listen to some music, he grabbed his backpack to look for his headphones but he couldn’t find them which meant that he left them at home. He almost groaned out loud before turning to look at Hanbin who clearly wasn’t paying any attention to him, he was pretty sure that Hanbin wouldn’t mind if he listened to some music besides he looked like he wouldn’t know what was happening. He pulled out his phone and entered his music player, looked for a song until he finally decided on GDxTaeyang’s Good Boy, he put the volume lower than he would if he was alone.

The moment Hanbin heard his jam, he stopped typing and tried to look for the source of his jam noticing that it was coming from Bobby’s phone. He turned to look at Bobby expressionless. Bobby noticed that Hanbin was looking at him.

“Do you not like this kind of music? I’m sorry, I’ll stop listening-“ Bobby started apologizing before Hanbin cut him off.

“Why would you want to stop one of the best creations that mankind has witnessed?” Hanbin asked.

“Wait what?” Bobby asked confused.

“I can’t believe you’re a VIP too! You don’t look like you’re one.” Hanbin scoffed.

“Excuse me, I’ve streamed all of Big Bang’s concerts. As a group and solo.” Bobby replied with a smirk. They kept fanboying over Big Bang all night that they forgot about the project.


Namjoon followed Seokjin in a daze, not caring about where they were going. Apparently since Namjoon was a terrible cook and Seokjin was an extremely caring person, Seokjin decided that he was going to give him some cooking lessons and Namjoon accepted his help without any hesitation because it gave him a chance to learn how to cook and he got to spend time with the angel/extremely beautiful human that stole his heart at first glance.

“So I’m just going to teach you the basics today.” Seokjin said as he grabbed the keys that the teacher had borrowed him to open the classroom.

“How did you get the keys?” Namjoon asked once he finally got out of his daze.

“Ms. Bora trusted me enough when I told her that I wanted to help the guy that burned water. She just told me to not let you burn the classroom.” Seokjin replied with a toothy smile that melted Namjoon’s insides.

“Ok, though I feel offended. So what are the basics?” Namjoon questioned once they were inside.

“Well, it depends on what you can cook. So what can you cook?” Seokjin asked.

“Ramyun, it’s the only thing that doesn’t burn.” Namjoon replied honestly.

“Wait, you can’t cook rice?”

“Nope, it burns.” Namjoon answered showing off his dimples with a shy smile.

“Well maybe you light the fire and you leave it too high.” Seokjin pondered cutely. “But let’s not work on rice for now, since we need to start with your weakness and the base of all cooking; boiling water.”

“Do we have to?” Namjoon mumbled as he placed his face in his hands slightly embarrassed.

“Yes.” Seokjin said before noticing that Namjoon needed some incentive. “How about if you manage to boil water without it lighting itself on fire, we’ll go to the movies and watch whatever you want?”

Namjoon looked up at Seokjin with a hopeful look and his dimples were showing themselves.

“Really?” Seokjin nodded. “You promise, Seokjin?”

Seokjin wanted to squeal at the puppy eyes that Namjoon was sending his way so he opted for a light laugh. “I promise, Namjoon. How about you call me Jin? You sound like my mother when she’s going to nag me.”

“Okay Jin. Now let’s do this. I’m so going to boil water and it won’t light up in flames.” Namjoon said completely energized as he moved towards one of the stoves.

It took him a few tries before he managed to boil the water, luckily Jin had in hands the fire extinguisher every time he burned the water. Jin had gone through with his promise and they watched a movie together. Namjoon felt like he would be happy being Jin’s boyfriend.


Woohyun rolled his eyes for the tenth time –he wasn’t keeping count, he was just bored- as he heard Hakyeon talk about how Jung Taekwoon was the finest specimen he had ever laid his attention on and how he was going to be his and only his. They were walking to the meeting place to keep up on working on their exposition for Japanese class which surprisingly was in the park. He didn’t know why Hamster-Dude and Hakyeon’s Obsession told them that it had to be in the park but it was better than being alone in a room with Hakyeon and those guys. It was a Saturday that he would prefer to waste on catching up on his dramas but it was schoolwork.

“Hakyeon, I get it that you like him but you don’t know anything about the poor guy aside from what his major is, what’s his name and where he lives. You’re basing yourself on pure physical attraction and that’s not good.” Woohyun said to Hakyeon seriously looking at him in the eye.

“Then I’ll use this golden opportunity to get to know him better.” Hakyeon answered before looking away. “They’re over there, let’s go.”

Woohyun felt like a doll whenever he was with Hakyeon, the guy was strong and had basically no mercy on Woohyun’s wrist. They got close to where Sunggyu and Taekwoon were sitting which was on a small park bench under a few trees.

“Sorry that we’re late but Woohyun is pretty lazy.” Hakyeon lied. The real reason as to why they were late was because Hakyeon believed that Saturdays are for sleeping until 3 pm, it wasn’t until Woohyun reminded him that he would see his obsession was that he woke up.

“Yeah, I’m a couch potato.” Woohyun didn’t deny it because he knew that Hakyeon was going to try and kill him. They sat down on the park bench opposite of Sunggyu and Taekwoon.

“No it’s okay. We just got here.” Sunggyu said waving it off.

“So why are we meeting up here?” Hakyeon asked while making goo-goo eyes at Taekwoon who wasn’t even paying attention.

“Well, our dear Taekwoon isn’t so sociable and he doesn’t like to be outdoors when he isn’t playing a sport so I take him out every Saturday for his daily intake of vitamin D which he desperately needs as you can all see.” Sunggyu answered gesturing at Taekwoon who was looking at his phone. “But soccer season is starting soon again so we won’t need to come so often.”

“I’m thirsty. Come with me Sunggyu so we can get some water for everyone.” Woohyun said as he was following Hakyeon’s plan of leaving him alone with Taekwoon. He deserved the friend of the year award for going along with this madness.

“So Taekwoon, do you like animals?” Hakyeon decided to test the waters by asking this question.

Taekwoon didn’t answer for a while so Hakyeon let him take his time. “I like them a lot but my landlord doesn’t let me keep large animals.”

“Then do you like hedgehogs? I personally think that they’re quite cute but-“  Hakyeon started rambling.

“What’s a hedgehog?” Taekwoon asked. Hakyeon looked in his phone for a picture that he took of his cousin’s pet and once he found it he showed Taekwoon the picture. Taekwoon suddenly got up from his chair.

“Tell Sunggyu that I’ll call him later.” Taekwoon spoke up.

“Wait where are you going?” Hakyeon asked.

“I’m going to get a hedgehog.” Taekwoon replied calmly.

“But I thought your landlord..”

“He said large animals.”

When they went to Japanese class, Taekwoon had taken the hedgehog to school with him and it was adorable.


Jinyoung walked into the café that Jaebum had told him to go to, and he smiled when he saw Jaebum waving at him from a table, it had been a little over a week since the day they met. Jinyoung was blushing profusely as he made his way to the table where Jaebum was standing next to waiting for him to make it there. Jinyoung hadn’t told his father where he was going but instead opted for telling his younger sisters Jimin and Jihyo –His father’s favorites aside from Yeeun who simply didn’t care- that he was going to the library to study knowing that his father would believe his sisters instead of that idiot of Jaehyung who knew everything that happened in Jinyoung’s life. That snitch.

“Hey Jaebum. I didn’t think you were going to call me.” Jinyoung said as he sat down. Jaebum looked embarrassed as he scratched the back of his head.

“Well, I was pretty busy. I recently got fired from one of my part-time jobs so I have been looking for one.” Jaebum replied rather embarrassed. “But I never forgot about us meeting up, I’ve just had a lot on my plate these days.”

“No, it’s okay Jaebum. I’m not mad at you, I was just worried that you weren’t interested.” Jinyoung smiled.

“But I really am. What would you like to drink? The owner of the café is an old friend of mine and I used to work with him before I worked as a model for your aunt.” Jaebum said energetically as he sprang up to his feet.

“A cappuccino.” Jinyoung giggled as he saw how Jaebum almost tripped as he made his way to the counter.

“Here you go, one cappuccino for the awesome guy that still goes out with me.” Jaebum said happily as he handed Jinyoung his order.

“Thank you. Didn’t they nag you for serving me even though you don’t work here anymore?” Jinyoung asked after taking a sip of his coffee.

“I actually come and help here when they get packed. So they didn’t mind.” Jaebum answered with a smile. “So what are you studying?”

“I’m majoring in Literature.” Jinyoung answered. “My dad hates it but I want to be an author. You know, write a bunch of books and be a bestseller author. The usual. Besides I have 6 other siblings that can take over my dad’s business. And you?”

“Woah, you have a lot of siblings. Well, I’m majoring in business management on a scholarship. I work almost all the time except when I’m studying.” Jaebum answered. “But I like it.”

They kept talking that way until it was time for the café to close up and they were trying to decide who was going to pay.

“Don’t worry, I’ll pay.” Jaebum said as he started pulling out a bunch of spare change from his pockets along with coins.

And that was also the day Jinyoung found out that Jaebum was poor as f.


Jeonghan could only see as how Seungcheol was getting scolded for not being able to perfect a part of the choreography that was due for their monthly assessment. This being Seungcheol’s first assessment as a trainee at their company.

After the choreographer finished scolding Seungcheol, he dismissed everyone telling them that they could leave. Though everyone was going to go practice other things, Jeonghan stared at Seungcheol who hadn’t moved from his place where the choreographer had scolded him. Jeonghan made his way to Seungcheol to remind him that training time was over and that they could leave. He lightly touched Seungcheol’s shoulder which resulted in Seungcheol screaming like a little girl.

“DON’T YELL AT ME ANYMORE, I’LL BE BETTER!” Seungcheol yelled as he covered his face with his arms.

“It’s just me, newbie.” Jeonghan replied with a monotonous tone.

“Oh Jeonghan, it’s just you.” Seungcheol sighed in reply. “Thank God.”

“So what was up with you and the choreography? Like you couldn’t grasp it at all.” Jeonghan questioned lightly. “I thought you were the perfect trainee. Or are you scared of the upcoming assessments?”

“No, I’m not scared. I’m just not feeling well.” Seungcheol answered as he played with the hem of his shirt.

“Are you feeling sick? Then you should ask for permission so they won’t scold you.” Jeonghan said. He tried to not seem like he was worried for the new guy but he felt this need to help Seungcheol.

“No. I just have this feeling in my gut that I’m going to fail the assessment.” Seungcheol replied as he looked at Jeonghan. “What can I do?”

“Well, you could start by practicing more.” Jeonghan starting putting in his two cents. “Try to master today’s choreography would be a good start.”

“How about you help me? And if I manage to master it, I’ll buy you dinner.” Seungcheol said as he looked at Jeonghan with a puppy-like look

“Ok, I’ll help you but it better not be Ramyun or I’m never helping you again.” Jeonghan said as he crossed his arms.

And they continued the night like that until Seungcheol mastered the dance and they went to go eat burgers. Jeonghan appreciated the gesture even though Seungcheol ended up spending most of his allowance on the meal, they had fun. Besides Jeonghan learned something new regarding Seungcheol; he wasn’t perfect.


Junmyeon noticed something regarding Kris a few weeks after meeting him and studying together with him: he was very clumsy. Like he didn’t have any balance at all, since earlier that day Kris had fallen down entering the library because he had tripped on one of the steps. He also hit his face a lot with things, the previous tutoring lesson he had ended almost stabbing his own eye with his pen because he was using it as a drumstick.

Kris was a hazard to himself in Junmyeon’s opinion.

“Junmyeon, you translated this sentence wrong. Do it again.” Kris said as he checked over the small assignment that he gave Junmyeon so he could practice his grammar. “The entire paragraph.”

“I hate this language.” Junmyeon groaned out as he grabbed his notebook from Kris’ hand.

“English hates you too.” Kris teased back as he saw Junmyeon start trying to translate the text once more.

Kris started doodling in his notebook but refused to show Junmyeon his creations because Junmyeon would make fun of his genius. Alas he soon got bored of doodling since he couldn’t think of anything else to keep drawing, he started rummaging in his backpack in search for his phone but he just couldn’t seem to find so he grabbed his bag and threw all of its contents onto the table. It was mostly his books and notebook along with a few rumpled pages that he didn’t use anymore, his wallet and his dorm keys.

“Damnit. Um, Junmyeon I’m sorry for this but could you put my stuff back in my bag? I think I left my phone at my locker after basketball practice. Please, this is the only favor I’ll ever ask of you.” Kris pleaded as he looked at Junmyeon with his best impression of puppy eyes.

“Fine. You don’t have to make that face.” Junmyeon said as he looked away from Kris. Trying to stop the blush that wanted to creep up his cheeks.

“Thanks. I’ll be right back!” Kris thanked Junmyeon before running out of the library almost running over the librarian.

Junmyeon simply laughed softly before grabbing Kris’ bag and started organizing his things, such as placing his books and notebooks appropriately in their place, putting his wallet in a small compartment –not without taking a peek of what Kris had in his wallet which was just money and a picture of his mom- before stopping when he saw something blue and fuzzy. At first, he thought that it was some kind of mold that Kris took with him to school so he could prank poor fellow students with but he noticed that it wasn’t mold. It was an alpaca keychain.

Junmyeon saw himself baffled as he tried to understand how tall, dark and handsome Kris Wu owned that kind of things; cute, fluffy and fuzzy things.

And that’s how Junmyeon realized he liked his men tall, dark and dorky.


Well, everyone I hope you liked this chapter and please suscribe, comment or upvote.

Maybe for the next chapter, the OG author will make her comeback. 

Bye~ Come back again, recommend to your friends!

From Author IceSong