Chapter 6

Payback time

A week passed after her girlfriend was waken up from the coma and being transferred from ICU to an isolated ward, and here Krystal was, standing just a door away from her beloved Amber. She could only peeped in through the long narrow glass of the door, to make sure that her Amber was doing alright. It shattered her heart when she recalled back the very first moment the short haired girl reacted for her appearance in the ward.

She remembered how those piercing red eyes shone in hatred, the way Amber howled at her with rude remarks, yelled in frustration, and finally the anger turned into tears, the long haired girl was frozen on the spot, witnessing her girlfriend struggled to get up and launch at her regardless the bleeding wound, but was held forcibly by the doctor and police officers. " WHY?!!!" "YOU CHEATED ON ME!!!!" "WHY??!" "KRYSTAL JUNG WHY!!!!!"  The happiness and cheerfulness of seeing Amber awaken was soon hit the rock bottom. From that onwards, Krystal was told to not approach the "suspect" until the "suspect" was emotionally stable as her appearance becoming the cause of the "suspect's aggrasiveness". 

All of this was nonsense, for the long haired girl. She had no clue what was going on, with Amber losing control, the saying of Kai being dead on Amber's hand. She felt weak, now that everyone held a deeply rooted prejudice on her, no one was going to believe her, even the outsiders tended to be convinced of that Amber pulled this off out of jealousy. Jessica saw in the eye to this, quietly, all she could do was a light pat on her sister's back.

In the ward, laid a short haired girl wearing an oxygen mask, her right hand was cuffed to the bedstead, her eyes aimlessly staring at the ceiling. The room was awfully quiet, only the beeping sound from the cardiac monitor made its own melody. A man in black suit was standing infront of her, with the impassive and expressionless face, reading the Miranda Rights. Yet, no one would ever noticed the sudden sadness from his momentary glare.

“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?”

Half an hour ago, Choi Siwon received a call from the hospital telling him that the "suspect" was in a good shape and readied to talk. His team was appointed to take over the case from Yuri's hand since Amber was admitted to hospital. The case had created much public attentions, exerting great pressure on the department. For a friend who had known Amber for years now, he couldn't just treat her like what he did to other suspects, he wanted the answer, he waited for the short haired girl he once respected to tell him the truth.

"I killed him."  The tone of Amber's confession was calmed, only the unknown sparkles in her eyes told the otherwise. Siwon would never expect a straightforward confession from Amber, he wished the short haired girl to deny anything of it, to tell him that she was innocent and he would do anything he could to clear her name. However, there were only deep disappointment and angers enraged hime after he saw the excitement on her face when she filled him in with the "details" even when she was gasping leaving the oxygen mask. The cold-blooded murder here was not the kind, charming, lively and happy Amber he once used to know.

"and I just laughed so hard when he begged for me to stop."

"He should have known this day will be coming when he laid his fingers on Krystal!"

"My mind told me to beat him to death, he deserved it anyway."

"He deserved it for what he did."

"And Krystal will be the next."

The balled fists had expressed the outrage of the man, he felt the seriousness in Amber's eyes when she turned to smirk at him while saying the last words. 

"If that's the case, I'll make sure you end up in the jail for your whole life. I'm disappointed in you, Am."

With that, Siwon decided to take his leave before the urge to beat her to some senses overriding his profession. 

"Krystal will be the next!" 

The loud screaming was echoing the whole corridor before the door was completely closed.