Chapter 4

Payback time

"Locate Amber now!" The uneasy feeling is killing Yuri right now as Amber is not picking up her phone. As the second ranked officer in the team, she has no choice but to track her bestfriend down immediately. She knows something is wrong but she just can't put her finger onto it.

"Amber's phone is off! I'm working on her vehicle location system!" Taeyeon regains her composure to do her magic on the computer leaving others still reeling from the shock. 

The environment seems heavy with questions filled in the air. "This can't be! This is not what supposed to be!" Henry in his daze, starts mutters to himself. 

"Henry, get back on your feet and do the work first! Get Amber here, and we'll know! You hear me?!" Yuri throwing a stern look to the man who looks like going on a emotional breakdown.

"It's just few blocks away from Kai's apartment! Her car is parked right at the roadside of the playground!" With that, both Yuri and Key rush out of the conference room.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The sky is glooming with its last ray of weak sunlight as they arrived. Amber's car looks empty from behind as Yuri and Key make their way at both left and right side slowly with hands reach to their waist level for  the 'amulets', earning strange looks from the alerted passer-by.

"Check."   "Check." Just like what it seems like, the car is empty and locked. Receiving a call from Taeyeon telling her that Amber just vanished on the street from the surveillance camera angers Yuri and  she spends the next 30 minutes in searching the whole area crazily with Key trailing behind, from Kai's apartment to the 7-11 down the street, but to no avail.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taking a day off leaving Krystal pile of papers on the table, the younger Jung heaves a sigh after studying the last personal profile of her possible client. She is a lawyer who works for the DOJ (Department of Justice), a blessing job she defines it as as she doesn't have to bury her conscience in the law firm and work for the bad guys, but on top of this reason, its because this job brought Amber to her. The scene of her meeting Amber inside this department is still fresh in her memories, how Amber threw glances to her when they were sitting face-to-face discussing the case, how the older blushed when their eyes met. The ringging of her phone breaks her track of reminiscent and bring Krystal back to the reality.

"Yuri unnie?"

"Errr, Krytal..."

"What's wrong, unnie?" Krystal can feel the hesitation on the line and a knot forms in her stomach.

"I...I just want to check you up....Have you seen Amber today after 5? or did she gives you a call or something?" 

"ya, its around 5 when she rang me up. What's wrong, unnie?"  a crazy thought persists at the back of Krystal mind that makes the long haired girl fidgets on her seat. 

"Listen, Krystal. There is this one lead we found in the video of Kai, and it points us to Amber. I know this is absurb, but the case is, Amber just went MIA after 5, we have tried anything to locate her but..... we need her so that we can clear her name of suspicion." The taned girl finds no point in hiding so she decides the tell the truth.

"What?! This is impossible! Someone must have tried to frame Amber with it! and you said Amber is missing? What if she is abducted by the bastard?! She is in danger now!" Frustration and worries crash into Krystal, the thought of Amber being totured and beaten up by the masked man just like Kai scared her. She can't let it happens!

Before Yuri can respond to the younger Jung, Krystal hears a faint voice from the back yelling like there's another video they received and the line is cut.

Astonished, Krystal slides the contact list and press the "llama" to call Amber, as expected, Amber is not picking up.

Now how can people expect Krystal Jung to sit by and watch and do nothing when her lover is missing in action and probably in the hand of a sicked pychopath. If the psychopath is using Amber as scapegoat, then she will doing anything to hunt this man down and clear Amber's name.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I know your dirty little secret with Krystal! She told me! She told me! You and that !" The masked man vents out his anger by beating Kai with iron bar. Key clenches his fists and looks away from the scene of Kai collapses on the ground, too weak to fight back.

"Is it really Amber...?" Taeyeon pops out the question hesitatedly, even if she doesn't want to believe it, but the man/woman sounds like a mad Amber finds out about the affair of Kaistal and does this for revenge. 

At the same time, the door is pushed wide open revealing a fuming ice princess and her rather calm sister_Jessica.

"Krystal? Jessica?" Yuri raises her eyesbrow at the sight of Jung sisters walking towards her.

"Seobang."     "Yuri unnie, I know I shouldn't be here, but I want to help!" 

"No, in fact we are going to ask for you to assist in the investigation." Yuri gives a stern look to the younger.

"Hold on, seobang. Why do you sound like  my sister is suspected as well?!" Being a protective sister, Jessica steps in and shelds Krystal behind.

Yuri who is intimidated under Jessica famous glares, explains softly to them about how the soft man mentions about Krystal, while Taeyeon grabs the signal from the taned girl to replay the video.

"This is stupid! So you guys think that my sister is having affair with Kai and Amber is taking her sweet revenge? Just because of what the bastard said?" Jessica scoffs, folding her arm, questioning.

"Taeyeon." Yuri again signal the computer genius to show them the 'evidence'.

"Henry got a trial program from his friend in USA which can extract the image from our lens, and after we running a match, this is what we get." said Yuri.

A not-so-clear-but-can-tell-its-Amber image shownon the huge screen.

"After that, we tried to locate her, but her phone is off, so we tracked her vehicle location system and found her car parked new blocks away from Kai's appartment. Taeyeon ran the surveillance camera of the road conditions at that area, and something caught her eyes...." Yuri trailed off, observing the expressions of Jungsis turning unreadable.

On the screen, a white Honda canada is pulled off, the owner which happens to be Amber gets off the car and stand at the roadside like she is waiting for the traffic light to turn red so that she can cross the road. However, minutes later, the short haired girl slowly raises her head and stare at them (the camera she is staring) like she knows someone is watching her. What send chill down their spines is, when Amber gives a rather warm smile to the camera, then when a heavy lorry and a few cars pass, Amber just disappears, right infront of the surveillance camera.

"I know its weird and even if I don't want to believe what I see, I just can't explain why Amber would smile at the camera. Krystal, you're the key of this investigation now, tell me, you and Kai.....Do you guys....."

"NO!" Tears trying to escape from Krystal's eyes, her lips is trembling showing that she is in the edge of crying and it pains her sister.

"Its you! You betrayed Amber! You make Amber did this!" Henry who sulks at the corner suddenly s himself towards the long haired girl, stunned everyone  in the room. Key in his reflex, use his body to shield his besfriend, blocking Henry and his frantic attempts on trying to hurt Krystal.

"What the hell Henry!" This plungs the room into chaos as everyone try to calm a mad Henry, Jessica hugs the longhaired girl by side, soothing her sister.

"You cheaed!" With that, Henry yanks off Key's grab and walks away.