Chap1

Payback time

 

He was trying to stop the spinning vision by shaking his head.

“What’s going on?” He asked. He could literally felt his wrists were being tied up behind the chair, so did his weakened legs. The warning sign hit him as soon as he came back to his sense, he forcibly moved his limbs, struggled to untied himself. It was useless as he was drugged and his body just wouldn’t compromise with his awakened mind. He took a deep breathe, trying to recall what was happened to him.

 

The underground car park was as quiet as usual since it was midnight only he decided to call it a day and left the office with piles of paper works still setting on the table. The sudden electric shock from the back had caught him off guard and the next thing he knew, his body was paralyzed and his vision came to a complete darkness.

 

The room was empty, the only illumination came from the space of the exhaust fan’s spin. He found it annoying as the spinning shadow was projected on the entire room. The cracking sounds from behind alerted him, he steadied his ragging breathe to calm himself down, not wanting his fear to be exposed.

 

The slow stepping sounds were getting closer and closer to him before it came to a halt. He saw a pair of black shoes on the ground, so he looked up, to see a masked man staring at him intensely.

 

“Who are you?” It was him who initiated the conservation.

 

The masked man squatted down to his level without breaking the eyes contact.

“A friend of you, Officer Kim.” The robotic voices shown no emotion at all.

 

“What do you want from me?” He asked, trying to get more information about the kidnapper. His instinct was telling him that he knew this guy, but he just couldn’t point it out. However it was not surprised if this masked man was one of the criminal he sent into the jail, being a cop had its perks, he thought.

 

“Truth.” Short and clear.

 

“What truth?” The entire conservation was going nowhere as he had no idea what was the masked man talked about. It seemed weird to him the way the kidnapper was staring at him. He was intimated and he didn’t like it.

 

“….I’ve been watching you, Kai…..Now, why don’t you entertain us….with your dirty little secret. ” The masked man stood up.

 

Us….? Kai looked around only to realize that there was a CCTV at the corner of the ceiling. He gritted his teeth, the thought of being live show on how he was tied up on the chair by the criminal made him sick.

 

“I don’t know what the hell are you talking about! Now let me go before my man locate you!” His patient was getting thinner and thinner so he yelled.

“Ahhhhhhhh!” The pain was killing him when the masked man twisted his fingers in a weird angle and causing the bones to crack and fracture.

 

“You should just answer according to my instruction.” The masked man whispered from behind.

 

“You sick bastard!!!!!!” Kai shouted, his voices were trembling due to the great pain of his fingers and the anger that boiled within him.

 

“No, you make me sick……”

 

“My man will soon locate you and I’m gonna make you pay for it!!!”

 

“Yeah, let see if they will come and save your after knowing how you betrayed your best friend….” The masked man then moved forward and whispered something to him. Kai was perplexed, his eyes widened.

 

 

 

“Yo, Am, Krys~” Yuri greeted the cute couple and made her way to them.

 

“Hey~ Why are you here, Yul? Isn’t it Jess unnie forbids you to go to any kind of party?” Amber teased the tanned girl which made Krystal chuckled.

 

“Well~ Look, my Sica never forbid me to do anything I want for your information. It’s me who wants to stay clean for her~” Yuri proudly raised her head that only caused the couple to roll their eyes.

 

“Where’s unnie?” Krystal asked, looking left and right for her big sister.

 

“Nah, she said she would rather spend her precious time with Tiffany for shopping spree.” The tanned girl just shrugged her shoulders and mentally praying for her pity credit card.

 

Nodded her head, Krystal spotted Key, the diva who was 5oo meters away from them.

 

“Omo! Soo Jung!!!” The diva literally threw himself to Krystal and laughter could be heard from the two. Amber flinched at the closeness of Key and Krystal, like seriously, who could sit well on this when her girlfriend’s body was being pressed tightly by a boy? Lucky for Key that he’s gay or Amber swore to the LLAMA god that she would’ve castrated this fella.

 

The vibration of her phone attracted her attention as she fished it out and read the text.

 

From: Kai

Get inside. The door is not locked.

 

“hey guys, let just get inside, Kai just text me, he is probably waiting for us in his condo now.” The short haired girl then proceed to interlace her hand with Krystal’s before all of them entered the elevator.

 

“Freeze!” Key shouted after he turned the knob, everyone chuckled at his childishness. The living room was dark and empty, only the television was on, shown no sign of the host. “So you want to play hide and seek huh, unlucky to you coz Officer Key is gonna find you and you gonna pay for our beers!” With that, Key dashed to the kitchen area. Yuri couldn’t help but rolled her eyes while the couple just sighed and shook their head in amusement.

 

“It’s enough boys! Just come out and eat! Hell I’m hungry!” The tanned girl yelled, patting her grumbling stomach.

 

“Hey, Kai is not here….” Key came out with an expression of doubt flitted across his face, he searched the kitchen, toilet, even the master room, not even a shadow he could see.

 

“That’s weird….He told me that the door is unlocked and asked us to get inside.” Something was niggling at her, the text, and now the empty condo. Almost as a reflex action, their hands went down for the pistols on their waists.

 

They were startled when the television screen suddenly came to a complete whiteness, it was like there was a break in transmission but then there were colors again. Their eyes widened, every single attentions were absorbed by the screen as they saw the familiar face they were looking for.

 

“Oh…..god….no…..”In shocks, Krystal covered with tears threatened to fall down.

 

Apparently, Kai was being tied up against the chair, his face was covered with bruises and cuts, the fresh wound on his head was still bleeding. It was not hard to tell that their friend was being tortured.

 

A man with black outfit was standing with back facing the camera, hands holding the electricity sticks.

 

“Officer Kim….my offer is still opening for you. The pain you are suffering right now, you don’t have to go through this anymore, as long as, you share your dirty little secret with the audiences….” Said the man.

 

“I will kill you….I will kill you!” Kai answered like a tenuous hold on breathe, the determination was replaced by groans.

 

“Uh-eh, wrong answer.” Like thousands of knifes stabbed in his body, Kai groaned in pain and his eyes rolled in white as he was zapped by the electricity sticks.

 

Amber gritted her teeth while hugging her girlfriend, Krystal, who had her eyes filled with tears of anguish. Yuri and Key clenched their fists upon witnessing how their close friend being tortured by a sick bastard.

 

“You sick bastard! You sick bastard!!!!” Key shouted to the television, his knuckles were turning white in second.

 

“A tough man huh…..who are trying to protecting, Officer Kim?” With that, the screen turned black again.

 

Yuri was the one who came back to her sense first and dialed 911.

 

“We need to save Kai…as soon as possible!” Determination could be heard in Amber’s voices. She had to save her bestfriend, she swore to the god.