Chapter 3

Payback time

"Anything you want to talk bout?" The masked man asked, holding the camera.

" you!"  That were the only words for the breatheless hostage to utter. 3 days without a single drop of water had him went through the severe dehydration, he felt like dying, let alone the tortures and humilations given by this sick bastard. He would not beg, he must not beg, Kai told himself.

"You could've save yourself from all those suffers." Said the standing still man.

"You know nothing!" Despite every single cells in his body was exhaused from the soreness, Kai still found himself yelling and glaring at him.

"Am I?" The voices behind the camera raised a little, followed by shakings scenes and a right hand holding a mask just barely being captured by the camera, indicating that the criminal had just revealed himself, not infront of the camera through.

 

The last thing Amber and her crews saw was a eyes widened Kai, that's all. 

This video was sent via an anonymous e-mail to Henry this morning, leaving zero traces for the team to track him down.

" Kai must've known the man based on the expression he made in the last few seconds." Henry voiced out the obvious that sucessfully gaining himself some scoffs.

"Oh you don't say....." Key being Key, in his morking tone.

"What should we do now, Am?" Yuri ignored the two, turning all her attentions to the woman in charged. However, it seemed like the short haired girl was too absorbed in her own world to realise Yuri's call.

"Am?" The patting woke Amber up from her preoccupied mind, in the very moment the taller girl caught the strange expression plastered on her bestfriend's face but she immediately shrugged off, thinking that maybe Amber was just stressed out.

"Am, you ok? You seem...a bit off...Don't push yourself, Kai would be fine." 

"Yea, I'm ok. " Said the short haired girl with a small smile.

"Don't you guys think it's a bit weird, I mean he can just kill Kai, but he seems so obessing with the 'truth'...." Taeyeon, after a while of silence, made her question.

Everyone soon sank into deep thinking.

 

" Kai's gonna be alright, right? Amber..." In the line was Krystal with her worried tones, Amber could only reassured her girlfriend that everything's going to be alright and made promise to save their bestfriend at all cost.

 

From: Kai

6.30p.m. at the bus station adjacent to his apartment, come alone or you will lost your friend forever.

This text was bothering Amber the whole day since she received it this morning at 6a.m.. She was having the second thought while rereading the text, it hurts her ego to know that she had no choice rather than obeying what the criminal said, or she would hold resposible for Kai's death. 5.30 p.m. when she made her way to the underground parking slot, still had her mind debating wheter or not to call for back up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

" Hey, guys! I just get an awesome trial program from my friend in USA, it can refocus and zoom in the images that are being reflected on the shinny surfaces." Henry exclaimed in excitement all of a sudden in front of the others, hoping to gain some attentions from his partners.

"I don't want to burst your bubbles, but like seriously, aren't we installed all these advanced programs? and I see no different in the way you describe it though." Key rolled his eyes for the nth time, he was sure that this snoopy-like human was getting in his nerves.

"I have ran through the videos a few times now, but I don't see any shinny thing for a reflection, my program would've detected it in the beginning if there's any though...." Taeyeon pushes her glasses, feeling slightly offensed at the thought of Henry thinking he is the only one to think of extracting images from the possible shinny objects.

"There is." Henry stood his places firmly. Before Key could proceed on his second sarcastic remark, Henry quickly added his view.

"The eyes! Remember Kai's eyes are widened at the very last minute?"

"That's impossible! The image is way too small and blurr, it can't even be extracted to begin with." Taeyeon wanted to overthrow the suggestion Henry mad, for her, this was ridiculous.

"It's possible. My friend was working for the largest IT company in USA and this program has just been developed and still in its trial period, but its veracity is said to be 80% accurated. It mainly refocus all the reflected lights and sequences them back to its original image, like the lights from the dilated pupils. In fact, I just extracted a possible image from Kai's lens, and the program is working on it now." Henry smiled in triumph once he saw a eyes widened Key and Taeyeon with her eyes shone in interest. Yuri who was ignoring them the whole time stood up immediately approaching Henry's table.

"So, how the progress now?" The taned girl leaned forward to have a look on his laptop.

"Another 15 minute till we get to see who is behind this ." Said Henry.

"Where's Amber?" Yuri asked, she knew the short haired girl would be happy to finally have an upper hand on this case.

"She left, don't know where she is going though...." Taeyeon replied with her flat tone, paying her full attentions on the new found cool gadjet.

15 minutes had passed with eveyrone waiting patiently in a circle surrounding Henry, Amber was still out of reach at this time as Yuri proceed to make the 10th call.

"It's done! Just gotta wait for it to run the scanning with our system." All of them were holding their breathes for the 'matched' sign.

The phone was dropping to the ground as Yuri loosened her grip on it.

On the screen shown the familiar face that they known the most.

"This can't be....."