Chapter 2

Forgivable, Unforgettable

Luhan’s POV

The bell signifying the beginning of lunch rang. Upon hearing it, Luhan packed up his stuff and quickly left the classroom to meet up with his best friend since kindergarten, Myoun Lee, who had returned from being in the mental hospital over the last two years.

Luhan cared very deeply for Myoun and he visited her in the mental hospital as much as he could. It broke his heart seeing her in there and he did everything he could possibly do to make her smile when he visited her.

Upon her release, she told him that she asked her parents if she could go back to school for her senior year and that they allowed it. When she told him, he was speechless, worried, and a little bit upset at her parents for agreeing. It wasn’t that Luhan didn’t want her back in school, he very much did and he missed her every second of the day that she wasn’t with him. It was just that there were certain people at the school that caused Myoun’s breakdown. It made his blood boil.

He asked her if that’s what she really wanted and if she could handle being around those people again. She told him that she was stronger now, thank God, and that she could handle it. It worried him still, but he supported her in her decision. Plus he would be with her and protect her this time around. He wouldn’t fail…like last time…

Luhan saw Myoun at her locker, getting her books for her next class that was after lunch. Once he saw her, a huge smile was plastered to his face and he quickly walked over to her. When she saw him, she sweetly smiled at him, making Luhan feel butterflies in his stomach. “Hey you.” she said. “Hey, how as your first day back?” he asked. Myoun paused for a minute, a hint of worry painted on her face. “It was…interesting.” she said quietly. Luhan felt concerned. “What do you mean by that?” he asked. She shifted a little bit uncomfortably. “Well, I have to serve detention for being late to class.” She replied sheepishly. “What? How can you be late to class on your first day?” Luhan asked. Myoun shifted from foot to foot nervously and shook her head. “No.” she quietly said. Luhan looked at her curiously until she finally spoke. “…I saw him.” she whispered. Luhan’s eyes widened and he felt anger rise inside of him. “Kris Wu?” he asked, through clenched teeth. Myoun nodded, avoiding eye contact. “Did he do or say anyting to you?” Luhan asked, hands balling up into fists. “Not really.” she said. “I accidentally bumped into him on my way to first period. He was mad and demanded an apology, but I don’t think he recognized me because when I looked at him, he was in total shock…like he wasn’t expecting to see me.” Luhan was hot with anger now. “He demanded that you owe him anapology? Pathetic.” he said. Myoun gently touched his arm. Her touch startled him and it started to diffuse his anger a little bit. “He just wanted an apology for bumping into him. That’s all.” Myoun said, trying to calm him down. “What about for what he did to you?!” Luhan said, his voice rising. With the rising of his voice, a few students curiously turned their attention on them. “Luhan please don’t make a scene.” Myoun said, looking around nervously, not wanting to attract attention. Upon seeing her so nervous, he tried to calm himself down…for her. “I…I’m sorry. It’s just what Kris, his stupid girlfriend, and his friends…what they did to you…” Myoun cut him off. “It’s all in the past now.” she said. She then smiled at him. “Besides I have you.” she said. This made Luhan feel all giddy inside like a little kid. “Yeah, you do.” he said.

Kris’ POV

When he paid for his lunch, Kris walked over to the table where he and his friends normally hung out for lunch time. Aeri or his friends weren’t there yet so he quietly ate by himself. He heard a couple of people take some of the seats at the table. He looked up and saw his best friend, Tao looking at him intently. “So…did you get my text?” Tao asked. At that, Kris started to feel his stomach churn. Ever since he saw Myoun, he couldn’t stop thinking about her all morning. “Yeah. I did.” Kris said, trying to keep his cool. “In fact, I saw her this morning on my way to first period.” he continued. Tao’s eyes went wide. “Really? What happened?” he asked. “Nothing really. I was shocked…I wasn’t expecting to see her…especially after what happened that night…” Kris said. Tao nodded, knowingly. “Yeah everyone’s pretty shocked that she’s back.” he said. “I know your girl is pretty upset about it.” He also added. Kris sighed at this, knowing he was going to get an earful of venting from Aeri. He knew she never liked Myoun from the beginning. Tao shrugged. “You know how much she hates Myoun. I heard when Chaeyeon told her, she was livid. Speaking of which…” Tao said looking behind Kris.

Kris turned around to see what he was looking at and none other than a really pissed off looking Aeri and her two best friends,  Chaeyeon and Tiffany, her American friend, started to come their way. Chaeyeon looked mad as well, not as mad as Aeri did though. Tiffany, on the other hand looked a little anxious and sad.

Aeri slammed her backpack onto the table and sat down next to Kris. “Did you hear?!” she angrily asked Kris. He nodded. “UGH! I thought we were done with that freak when she left the school!” Aeri said. Chaeyeon nodded in agreement. “I know right? She was in my second period and people were all welcoming her back and all that crap.” she said, rolling her eyes. “You know if she didn’t go all psycho they wouldn’t be all nice to her.” Chaeyeon added. “I’m just staying away from her.” Tao added. “I don’t need all this drama in my life.” He said, but looked a little thoughtful.  Although I do feel a little bad after what happened and all…“ he added. Kris knew that hearing Tao’s sympathy was only going to fuel Aeri anger. "It’s not our fault that she couldn’t take a joke!” Aeri yelled.

“But what may have been a joke to you could’ve been a living hell for her, Aeri.” Tiffany said quietly. Everybody fell silent and looked at Tiffany. “Excuse me? What did you say?” Aeri demanded from Tiffany. Tiffany looked uneasy, but she spoke. “You heard me. You do remember what happened that night, right Aeri?” Kris knew Aeri was not going to take any of this. “Oh what? Don’t tell me you’re going to be like those fake- people who are being nice to her now cause of what she did to herself! Just remember Tiffany, you were part of that night as well!” Aeri yelled. Kris looked at Tiffany and he knew Aeri’s words got to her. Looking like she was about to cry, Tiffany grabbed her backpack and lunch and walked somewhere else. Aeri rolled her eyes. “That Myoun just better stay outta my way.” Aeri bitterly muttered.

“Hey did you guys hear what happened in health class? It was so funny, so one of my classmates…” Kris knew that Tao only changed the subject for two reasons. The first reason was to make this lunch hour a little bit more cheeful. Luckily for Tao it worked considering that everyone, including Aeri, started to laugh at his story. Kris tuned them all out at this point. He couldn’t bring himself to laugh…not after seeing her again. The second reason he knew why Tao changed the subject was because Kris knew deep down Tao felt guilty about what happened that night with Myoun. In fact he could sense that they all did…well except maybe Aeri.

Kris thought what happened that night was a joke too. He never thought it would lead Myoun to the events that followed.

To be continued…

I was going to make a Myoun POV in this chapter, but I couldn’t really find a place to put it. But you guys will definitely see her POV in the next chapter! Thanks again for taking time to read this and please give feedback! <3 lissy