Chapter 6

Forgivable, Unforgettable

Kris’ POV

As soon as Chaeyeon loosened her grip on her, which was pretty quick, Myoun bolted out of the hallways as fast as lightning. Kris was about to go after her, but stopped shortly after he heard Chaeyeon’s voice. “Uh, hey Aeri, I’ll call you tonight. See ya.” she said awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with both Kris and Aeri altogether. 

Kris and Aeri both stared after her until she disappeared around a corner. Aeri’s attention then turned towards Kris. She crossed her arms and glared at him, like the incident that just happened was all his fault. Well, it may as well be, Kris thought wistfully. 

What?” she, asked defiantly, fire crackling from her voice. 

“I should be asking you that. What the hell were you doing to Myoun?” 

Aeri scoffed and flipped her hair. “Oh please, we were just having a little fun.” she said nonchalantly. 

Kris couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “Having a little fun? Aeri, I saw you two holding her down with a pair of scissors in your hands!”

“So. What?! If this were freshman year, you probably would have been right beside me the whole time while I was doing that!” she said in a sure tone. 

That sentence was like a slap to the face. Kris was silent. He didn’t have a come back for that one. How could he?

After a long minute, he took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. 

“Yeah. I probably would have. But I am trying to change.” 

“Oh really? For her? What do you all of a sudden love her now?!”

“Aeri, we sent her on the brink of suicide!” 

“No, she did! That was her choice! I mean, seriously Kris, you sound just like Tiffany!”

“Yeah well, at least Tiffany actually has a heart! Unlike you.”

“Oh and you do? I remember you being rather merciless with Myoun that night, Kris!” 

“Shut up.”

“I mean I still remember her face, all the tears flowing down…”

“I said shut up.”

“I mean, with what you agreed to do, you might as well have given her that knife to cut her own wrists with-”

I SAID SHUT UP!” 

In a flash of a moment, Kris was pressing Aeri up against the lockers. They were both frozen in time. Aeri looked at Kris in shock, but her features slowly started to melt into anger. 

“Get the hell off of me.” she said, in a malice-painted whisper. 

Kris evened out his breathing and slowly backed off of her. 

Aeri started to smooth out her outfit and fix her hair, but stopped abruptly when Kris said, “I think we should break up.”

Aeri stared at him, silently in shock, then glared and stomped out of the hallways, leaving him alone with his thoughts…and regrets. 

Myoun’s POV

I sat on the school’s steps trying to even out my breathing and trying to calm my heart that was beating like a bird trying to get out of its cage, within me. 

It’s ok, it’s ok. They’re all gone now.

How I wish I could talk to Luhan right now. Not even talk, just have him hold and comfort me like he used to. Truth is I missed him very much. But everything has just become so blurred and confused between us that I don’t think he even wants to have the friendship we once had, especially since I’ve been making it obvious that I didn’t want to be around him, even though I felt like a part of me was missing without him. 

Then there was Kris. How he looked when he found me with Aeri and Chaeyeon. He looked so worried for me and angry…and…sad…I saw the sincerity in his eyes. No. I need to stop thinking like this. There is no way a guy like him who did something like that to me would ever change in those couple of years that I was away. 

I stood up, about to leave for home.

“Myoun?” That voice. I know that voice.

I slowly turned around, and there he was.

“We need to talk.” he said.

To be continued...

Author's Note: hey sorry for the late update i've been really busy lately. i hope u guys enjoy!