Chapter 3

Forgivable, Unforgettable

Luhan’s POV

“So what’s your next class?” Luhan asked Myoun after the bell for the end of lunch rang. “I’ve got Acting next.” she said. Luhan’s attitude started to perk up after hearing that. “Really? With who?” he asked. “I think with Mrs. Yoora Park?” she said. “Cool! I have that class too!” Luhan exclaimed. Myoun’s smile beamed. “Great! That’ll make that class even better.” she said, making Luhan blush.When they walked in, the classmates eyes immediately glued onto Myoun. Luhan was irritated seeing that. Everywhere they went, he noticed everyone stared at Myoun and he knew it made her more nervous and uncomfortable then she needed to feel. He wanted to tell them to stop staring, but he knew that if he did, it would make her feel even more uncomfortable so he just kept his mouth shut. “You can take your seat, I’m just gonna ask Mrs. Park where I’m supposed to sit.” Myoun said to Luhan with a smile. Luhan smiled back and took his seat in the back row. He saw that Mrs. Park instructed Myoun to sit in the front row next to another empty desk. Myoun did as she was told.“Hello class. So class the next assignment I will be giving you guys will be–”

“Sorry I’m late!” a loud, deep voice said, interrupting Mrs. Park. Everyone turned around to see Kris at the door of the drama room. Luhan immediately glared at him when he saw him. What the hell is he doing here? He was never in this class to begin with...Luhan thought. Luhan then quickly looked over at Myoun who looked as pale as a ghost as she was looking at Kris. He started to feel immense worry for her. He knew that if she was around Kris all those memories of that night would come haunting her. Luhan definitely did not want that. Mrs. Park looked skeptically at Kris. “Kris Wu? What’re you doing here? You’re not supposed to be in this class.” Mrs. Park said. Kris scratched the back of his head and took out a piece of paper from his pocket. “I actually got transferred over to this class. Did you wanna see the paper?” he asked. Mrs. Park motioned for Kris to come up and show her the paper, which he did. That was when Luhan saw Kris look at Myoun. Once Kris and her locked eyes, Myoun averted her eyes never looked up at Kris again. Kris, on the other hand, was a different story. He was definitely shocked to see her and he couldn’t take his eyes off of her. There was all sorts of emotions that Luhan saw in Kris’ eyes: surprise, anxiety,…regret? No not regret, Luhan thought bitterly to himself. A disgusting human being like him who did something like that to Myoun doesn’t regret since he has too much pride.“Oh, I guess you are in this class now.” Mrs. Park said, snapping both Luhan and Kris out of their phase. “Let’s see…where shall you sit?” Mrs. Park said to herself while looking at all the desks. She then noticed the empty desk next to Myoun. No, anywhere but there, Luhan thought to himself. “Right there.” Mrs. Park said, unfortunately pointing to the seat next to Myoun. Luhan looked worriedly at her. He could tell she was trying to keep her composure, but the nervous sweat he caught on her temples said otherwise.Luhan saw Kris nervously take the seat next to Myoun, his eyes always on her even as he was sitting down. Take your sick, twisted eyes off of her, jackass, Luhan thought to himself angrily. 

Kris POV

Kris couldn’t pay attention whatsoever in class…not while sitting next to her. He knew she was avoiding any eye contact with him whatsoever and pretended that he wasn’t there. He didn’t blame her though. Considering what he did to her.

“So class,” Mrs. Park said. “As I was saying, the next assignment I will be giving you will be to act out a Shakespearean scene. You will be paired up in two and I will give you the scene that I want you two to act out and it will be due by the end of the semester, a week before graduation for the seniors.” Mrs. Park looked around the room. Her eyes then landed on both Kris and Myoun. “You two,” she said while pointing at them. “Will be partnered up and will be acting out the balcony scene in Romeo and Juliet.” she said and went on to pick the next pair. Kris’ breath hitched. He looked at Myoun who looked like she was punched in the gut. She started to turn pale and he could hear her breathing, although quiet, start to become rigid. 

Kris did not know what possessed him to do what the did, but out of worry and a way to redeem himself of what he did to her, he reached out and touched her arm. “Are you okay?” he asked her quietly. Once Myoun feel Kris’ touch she flinched and looked at him in disgusted surprise. Kris immediately took back his arm and tried to not look at her for the rest of the class. Once the bell rang, Kris saw Myoun quickly packed her things and rushed out of the classroom. 

If we’re going to work together on this assignment, I should at least apologize to her for what happened. I know it won’t be enough but it’s the least I could do, Kris thought. Kris quickly packed his things and ran out of the classroom to try to catch up with her.

As he was running through the hallways to catch up with her, he saw her through the glass door sitting on the school steps. He went outside and slowly approached her.“Hey Myoun,” Kris said. At the sound of his voice, Myoun quickly got up and started to back away from him. “Please…just stay away.” she said in a rushed whisper. Kris took a step forward. “Listen, I’m not gonna hurt you, I just wanna say-”

“Get away from her now!" 

Kris turned around to see Luhan standing there looking like he was ready to murder him right there on the school steps. Before that certain event happened, he knew Luhan and Myoun were good friends. After what had happened he would catch Luhan giving him the look of death from time to time.

"Listen, I just wanted to tell her-”

“There’s nothing to tell her. Just leave her be. Haven’t you done enough to her already?” Luhan hissed at him. His words cut Kris deep. He had put Myo-Un through a lot. Thanks to him, it was his fault that Myo-Un’s sophomore and junior were wasted away at a mental hospital. He couldn’t blame Luhan for not wanting her around him. He didn’t blame him one bit.

“Wait, Myoun where are you going?” Luhan asked, snapping Kris out of his thoughts. Myoun was already a couple of feet away from them, looking as if she went to hell and back. “I-I’m going home now.” she said, shakily. Luhan started to walk towards her. “I’ll walk you home.” he said. Myo-un took a few steps back when she saw Luhan  walking towards her. “No please. I need time alone.” Luhan looked worried. “No, I’ll walk you home Myo-Un. It’s no problem.” he said. She shook her head. “No please, Luhan. I really need some time alone. Please just give me that.” she said and walked hurriedly away.

Both Kris and Luhan watched her walk away. When she was out of sight, Luhan turned his angered attention back to Kris. “I don’t know what the hell you were gonna say to her, but you better keep the hell away from her.” Luhan said, daggers in his tone. “Look dude, I only wanted to apologize to her.” Kris said. Luhan scoffed. “Like an apology would ever atone for what you and your filthy friends and girlfriend did to her.” Luhan said. Kris averted his eyes. “You don’t think I know that? I wanted to apologize to her just so we could both have peace and work on our project without having to be awkward with each other.” he said. Luhan bitterly laughed. “That’s the thing. You don’t care if Myoun has peace. You want yourself to have peace and how you don’t have to be awkward. You’ve always been selfish like that, Kris. Tell me, did you ever once think about how Myoun was in the mental hospital and how she had to relive that night to the doctors that tried to help her cope with it? Did you?I highly doubt it. Yeah, when you found out about the news of how she tried to commit suicide because of what you guys did to her, I’ll admit you and most of your friends looked rather guilty…for about a month. And then you guys reverted back to the way it was like nothing ever happened. That’s what’s sickening the most. You take away someone’s dignity and innocence and you feel bad about it for a moment, and then it’s like everything is back to normal…Myoun being here is just a reminder of how disgusting you really are and you know it. You’re pathetic. I know you two will have to practice acting as Romeo and Juliet for the class. There’s nothing I can do about that. But don’t think things will ever be the same at this school for what happened. Neither for you or Myoun. You say you want peace for both her and for yourself. I want peace for her as well…but as for you…you deserve all this.” Luhan said. He started to walk away, but then stopped without turning around to look at Kris with eyes that could have killed him. “And don’t ever touch her again like I saw today. If you do, I’ll fricking castrate the hell out of you.” Luhan said, finally walking away and leaving a stunned Kris in the middle of the school steps.

To be continued… 

Ok, I know in my last chapter that you guys will see in Myoun’s POV in this chapter…I’m sorry that didn’t happen but i PROMISE you’ll see her POV in the next one!  Thanks again for taking time to read this and please give feedback! <3 lissy