Chapter 1

Forgivable, Unforgettable

Kris’ POV

RING! RING! RING!

SLAM!

“Ugh…” Kris muttered to himself as he slammed on the snooze button on his alarm clock. Do I have enough minutes to sleep in? He asked himself as he lazily picked up his alarm clock to see the time. 7:15. He rolled his eyes and reluctantly got out of bed. “Guess not.” he grumpily mumbled to himself as he took a quick shower.

When he got out of the shower, he heard his cell phone give a notification of a text message on his bed side table. He sauntered over to it and picked it up. It was a message from his best friend, Tao.Dude, you won’t believe who’s here today! It read. Kris was still too tired to think too much into Tao’s text so he didn’t bother texting him back about it. I’ll just ask him about it when I get to school, he thought to himself and sloppily put on his school uniform.

Once he was ready, Kris hopped into his car and drove off to pick up his girlfriend, Aeri Kim. When he got to her house, he knocked on her front door loud enough for her to hear, but soft enough that it wouldn’t wake her parents. Aeri opened the door in her school girl outfit, in which Kris thought she looked super hot . Not a lot of girls at his school could pull off a school girl uniform like his girlfriend could. Aeri smiled sweetly at him and gave him a quick peck on the lips. “Hey babe. Are you ready for school today?” she asked him, walking to his car. Kris scoffed. “Am I ever?” he asked. Aeri giggled. “Nope. That was stupid of me to ask.” she said. Kris smiled at her and they drove off to school.

“Hey did you get any weird text messages from Tao or any of your other friends?” Aeri asked him. Kris glanced over at her. “Yeah I did just this morning. Why?” Kris asked. Aeri slumped in her seat and started to twirl her hair. “Chaeyeon texted me this morning stating that I’m not gonna believe who’s at school today…” she said. Kris’ eyebrows furrowed. “That’s exactly what Tao texted me. Did you ask Chaeyeon who’s there then” he said, his curiosity peaking. Aeri nonchalantly shrugged. “No. I was too busy putting on my makeup and fixing my hair when she texted me that. I’ll just ask her when I see her in my first period class.” she said.

When Kris and Aeri got to school, everyone was giving them looks and stares than that were weirder than the looks and stares that they normally received, as if they were anticipating that something bad was about to happen. Neither of them knew why their classmates were giving them those looks, but they didn’t think much of it. People always stared at them and their friends anyway, considering that they were the most popular kids in the high school. That and the fact that Kris, Aeri, and their group of friends weren’t particularly the nicest of people in the school either so they were already used to others fearfully staring them…something that Kris and his friends thrived off of.

The first bell then rang. Aeri gave Kris one last peck on his lips before she ran off to her first class, not to study, but to probably gossip with Chaeyeon on whoever it was that was at their school today. Kris on the other hand was in no rush. He lazily put his backpack over his shoulder and sauntered over to the water fountain to get a drink before he went to his first class. As he was drinking, he heard the hallways get quiet, so he knew it was just him out at that moment. When he turned around he bumped into someone, making that someone’s books fly out of their hands and onto the floor. “Hey watch it!” he yelled, glaring at the person. Kris could see that it was a girl who bumped into him by her long black hair. He couldn’t see her face, since she was slumped down on the floor picking up her books. She didn’t look up at him. “Hey I think I deserve an apology considering that you bumped into me.” Kris said vehemently, still glaring down at her. It was then that the girl finally looked up at him. When she did, Kris’ eyes went wide and he started to feel himself start to sweat. I never thought I would see her again…he thought to himself. The girl was reacting no differently when she saw Kris. Once the girl looked at him, her serene features melted into a facial expression full of anxiety. She quickly picked up her books, muttered a hardly audible apology to him, and quickly walked off and turned the corner to her next class, not once looking back at him.

Kris watched her walk off, still in shock. “Myoun…”

Myoun’s POV

As I turned a corner, I ran away from him as fast as my feet could take me. I saw the girls’ bathroom, went inside, and ran inside the nearest stall as quickly as possible. I didn’t care if I was late to class on my first day back…I would face the consequences later, whatever they may be.

I slid down inside the stall door like a leaf of a tree, abruptly plucked off the branch by the harshness of winter. I needed to steady my breathing and keep my tears from falling as memories as black as the night sky started to permeate my mind of the last night I saw Kris.

I can’t see him or face him at least not so soon…or at least not right now…maybe not ever…

To be continued…

please give me constructive criticism! thanks so much for taking time to read this! <3 lissy