Girlfriend (2eunha)

A Healthy Cup of Crazy

Jung Eunha tries to understand how in the world she ended up with Hwang Eunbi.

"You're going to what now?"

Her girlfriend, the ever so unpredictable Eunbi, just flashes her that stupid grin that makes Eunha wants to stupidly smile back. She endures, though, and tries to stare down the little beagle of a girl practically shaking with excitement.

"Skydiving!" Eunbi says. "And not just me. We'll do it together. It'll be totally fun."

Those brown eyes are now sparkling. Eunha racks her mind for words she can use to tell her no without being the bad guy because she knows denying Eunbi with the sparkly eyes and metaphorical tail adorably wagging back and forth would totally crush her young lover's hopes and dreams. But Eunha's never been a fan of dying early. Sure she can endure a bungee jump or two but skydiving is a little too much for her.

"Eunbi-ah," she says but nothing more follows. She deliberates some more if there's any kinder way to decline this deadly activity. Her brain fails her.

The younger girl probably sensed her reluctance because it doesn't take two seconds before Eunbi unleashes her very (extremely) rare aegyo on her unsuspecting girlfriend. Eunha thinks it's unfair how cute her girlfriend becomes when she wants something badly enough. Damn it.

"Unniiiie, you hafta come wit me for it to be weally funnnn," she says, ending up with a pouty face. "I even got you a black and white skydiving helmet and parachute because they're your favourite colors."

Gritting her teeth, more for keeping the blush away than from annoyance, Eunha shoves Eunbi's face lightly away from her sight and mumbles a hushed "Arasso, arasso."

Knowing she's won, Eunbi scrambles away from the hold and envelops the older girl with a hug. Eunha smiles. Eunbi's hugs are always warm and loving.

"Oh," the younger girl says as she breaks the hug and steps away. "My family's also coming. You'll finally get to meet them for the first time."

She waves her hands crazily for goodbye and runs away.

Eunha wants to cry.

 


 

"The weatherman should get fired."

It's the first day of vacation. Eunha has been watching her younger girlfriend stab at her pancakes for the past fifteen minutes or so since they received their order from a certain cafè while muttering about the unfairness of the world. Their skydiving trip had just been cancelled because of "some stupid storm in New Zealand" as Eunbi had delicately put it. (Of course it had to be in another country. Nothing less for Hwang Eunbi). Which is why the younger girl felt very disappointed and it makes Eunha feel somewhat guilty for being relieved.

So she holds Eunbi's hand in hopes of somehow comforting the upset girl. And also to spare the innocent pancakes.

"I'm sorry we can't go skydiving for summer break, Eunha Unnie," she says solemnly and it takes every single cell in Eunha's body to summon her acting skills which she swears is inside her somewhere.

"It's okay, Eunbi-ah. I'm not too upset. We can always do something else." I hope, she thinks but doesn't add. She tries to look it, too.

"You're still spending summer break with me, right?" she asks.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" Eunha says. "And besides, my family already took off to Jeju after I told them I'm spending time with you."

Eunbi smiles at that. She's always liked Eunha's family and they like her a lot back, too. It was nice to know they trusted her enough to leave their precious daughter with.

"Well, that means you're stuck with me for the rest of vacation doesn't it?"

"Pretty much."

A light twinkles in Eunbi's eyes and a forboding feeling suddenly screams from Eunha's guts. She knows that look and that look has landed the both of them in a significant amount of trouble for the past few years. Like ending up in the library's rooftop, for example. However, Eunha also knows she can't quelch the building (troublesome) ideas that are forming in the younger girl's mind because she's a er who will always say yes if it meant making the other happy. She can only hope it won't be too extreme.

"Live with me," Eunbi blurts out.

With dreamy eyes.

Like she's proposing.

She's always liked this side of Eunbi.

But it's all too fast and her heart's not ready.

"W-w-... Huh?"

"For the rest of the summer. Stay at my house and live with me."

Oh. Right. Of course. That's what she meant.

Eunha feels a little stupid for being flushed and tries to erase her previous thoughts.

"But Eunbi, what about your parents?"

"Oh, they'd be glad to have you over. It won't be a problem since everyone's there anyway. I'll text them now!"

 


 

Eunha knows her girlfiend is rich, if the failed trip to New Zealand for skydiving wasn't telling enough. What she didn't expect is a three-storey house in a plot of land so wide she's not sure if it's still part of Korea.

She feels a tug on her hand and she takes it as a cue to shut her gaping mouth and pretend she's unfazed by the grandiosity of her girlfriend's home. It was quite the challenge since the grandeur is hard to ignore (there's a freaking big- fountain in the middle of the front lawn for goodness' sake).

"Come on. Everyone's probably inside."

It's now early evening, as they spent the better part of the afternoon packing up stuff to bring and with Eunbi mostly trying to stop Eunha from packing her own house. She succeeds convincing Eunha to only pack her necessities and they're left with two suitcases.

The front door opens for them as they approach by (of course) an elderly butler who, curiosly enough, looks as if he can still fight an angry bull and win.

"Mom home?" Eunbi asks casually as she hands over the suitcases to the old man.

"She's at her office, young miss. Your sister and her guests are at the den, resting." The butler bows then promptly leaves after Eunbi nods and smiles a thank you at him.

Before Eunbi culd drag her towards whichever direction, Eunha tightens her grip on their linked hands (she doesn't remember when THAT had happened) and looks at the younger girl imploringly because as much as she wants to pretend this new information does not affect her in the least, she still wants an explanation.

"What's wrong, unnie?"

There's so much uncertainty in her girlfriend's eyes that Eunbi worries she might have done something wrong. She tries to remember anything that might have upset the girl, though she's sure she hasn't acted in any way beyond how she usually does.

Then it hit her.

"I totally forgot to tell you about my family background, didn't I?" she says, shutting her eyes close and a palm resting on her forehead.

Of course Eunha would feel weirded out. This is too much information to digest, not to mention they've been in a relationship for months now and she conveniently left out a very big part of her unknown to her girlfriend. In her defense, they mostly spent their time at Eunha's house but even that isn't a strong argument.

And so Eunbi does what she does best when the situation isn't in her favor. She pulls out a puppy face, tries to look super guilty but still cute and hope for the best, which would be Eunha letting this go and NOT hate her too much.

When Eunha looks into her eyes then release a sigh, Eunbi knows she's forgiven.

 


 

The family was welcoming enough. Eunbi's moms (she had two. TWO.) had acknowledged her as their baby's partner. Or at least one of them did, since the other one didn't hug her. Wendy, Eunbi's older sister, playfully told the younger one off after finding out about her not telling Eunha anything. The other guests (there were four) wasn't all that awkward with her. Well, except maybe one but Eunbi told her that girl didn't really talk much unless it was with Wendy-unnie.

Needless to say, dinner went well and everyone left to do whatever they wanted in different parts of the house. Eunbi's parents didn't mind. They're used to it cool like that.

She and Eunbi retired to the latter's bedroom. Surprisingly enough (to Eunha), her girlfriend's parents allowed them to sleep in one room. That would have been impossible at her house. Probably. Eunbi hasn't slept over yet but she's pretty sure they'd have to sleep separately.

"I can't believe your moms are cool with having me stay over," Eunha says as they plop down on the huge bed in the corner of the bedroom.

"They've always been pretty lenient. Probably because they feel guilty for not spending as much time with me and Wendy-unnie as before. It's pretty stupid, if you ask me."

"Hey, at least you know they care."

"They always care. Which is why they should stop feeling guilty. I think I'm getting too spoiled," Eunbi whines and plants her face on a pillow without moving from her spot.

Eunha doesn't know what posseses her to lift her hand and gently brush away the strands of hair on the side of Eunbi's face to the back of her ears. "You're worth spoiling," she whispers. Realizing her uncharacteristic sweetness, Eunha blushes. It wasn't even a romantic line. She gets up from the bed, hands on her cheeks, and walks towards the doors of the adjoining balcony in an attempt to calm herself down.

The younger girl, having frozen up as soon as the words left Eunha's mouth, manages to gather her bearings and get up from her position, cheeks still a bit flushed. She looks at Eunha's back and a smile spreads on her face.

"You're embarassed."

"Shut it, Eunbi."

"I didn't know you could pull off sweet."

"Stop."

"That was highly uncharacteristic of you."

"Eunbi..."

"You're cute."

Knowing her girlfriend is enjoying her reaction too much, she tries to look upset (but really, that pout on her face only makes her look more adorable) and runs towards Eunbi to wrap her head in a hug. To make her stop, of course. Because Eunha can't take compliments from Eunbi without feeling like she'll explode. And also so that she won't have to see that smirk which would never fail to make her insides go crazy bubbly, something she'd never admit out loud.

"Shut up, Eunbi."

 

 


lol I don't even know what happened. I just needed this out of my system. It doesn't even have a point. ugh.