Eighteen

Grey Smoke, Strange Stains, and Salty Faces

Double update!

 

Joshua decided wasn't as great as Junghan made it seem. It was very decidedly nowhere near as great as Junghan had made it out to be.

He'd been expecting sweat and , but his muscles were already starting to ache and Junghan and Seungcheol had been too close in ways Joshua didn't appreciate.

"You just stay put, I'll grab something to clean us all up," Seungcheol said as he slid off his foldout bed. He padded over to his bathroom.

Junghan rolled over, still panting and flushed. "See? Wasn't that bad."

Joshua nodded halfheartedly. Junghan snuggled closer until the tip of his nose was touching Joshua's.

"Hey, you aren't too sore, right? uses muscles you probably aren't used to using -- I'll give you a massage after we have a nap." He leaned closer and pressed his lips against Joshua's.

Joshua nodded again.

Junghan pulled back, looking slightly troubled. "Shua?"

Joshua forced a smile. "Tired. Sore."

Junghan's expression shifted to a playful smirk. "So no round two, then?"

A towel landed on Junghan's head.

"Angel, it was Shua's first time. Clean him up and let him sleep." Seungcheol put on a pair of boxers. "I need a cigarette. Joshua, do you want me to go outside or can I crack open a window?"

Joshua watched as Junghan attempted to clean them both up. "You can open a window, but make sure you blow the smoke outside."

Seungcheol nodded. "Of course. Let me know if you start smelling it."

Junghan threw the towel on the floor before laying back down next to Joshua, his head on Joshua's shoulder.

"You're not my precious anymore," he pouted, his tone light and teasing.

"Oh, no. Whatever will you do?" Joshua deadpanned.

"Have more ," Junghan answered, running a finger along Joshua's collarbone.

The bed shifted. "Can we sleep first?" Seungcheol asked.

Junghan sat up. "I'm going for a shower, you two wanna join?"

Joshua shook his head and rolled over. Junghan pecked his cheek, then Seungcheol's, and padded over to the bathroom.

"I haven't got any more towels!" Seungcheol called out.

"I'll just air dry then!" Junghan shouted back.

Seungcheol chuckled. Joshua felt the thin foam mattress move, then one of Seungcheol's arms wrapped around him.

"You OK?" Seungcheol asked once the shower had started up. His tone was gentle, quiet.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just want a nap."

Seungcheol kissed Joshua's shoulder. "Don't lie, you've been off since I brought up having instead of going on a date."

Joshua shrugged. "The thing." He didn't want to tell Seungcheol the truth, what if he took it the same way Junghan had?

Seungcheol groaned. ". Junghan said something about you being religious."

"It's not the religion thing."

 Seungcheol started moving his thumb across Joshua's stomach, drawing small patterns. "What is it then?"

Joshua shifted and turned his head see Seungcheol. " wasn't everything Junghan's made it out to be."

One of the corners of Seungcheol's mouth raised. " is different for everybody. And you didn't really get very involved."

Seungcheol's breath smelled like smoke, but the conversation felt like one Joshua had to have, so he ignored it.

"What's like for you?" he asked instead.

Seungcheol thought for a moment. "Usually," he eventually said, "when I have it's to relax, relieve stress or ual frustration."

"Do you like it?" Joshua asked, feeling more than a little stupid and vulnerable.

"Yeah, I like it. Why -- did you not like it?" Seungcheol didn't sound shocked, or like it had never occurred to him that some people just didn't like . He just sounded like it was a very real possibility.

"Of course I liked it," Joshua lied.

Seungcheol made a noise almost like a snort. "You looked bored after a bit."

"Having was never something that high on my to do list. I guess it just wasn't what I was expecting it to be like."

Seungcheol made a face, and Joshua immediately regretted saying what he did.

" wasn't what I thought it would be like when I was younger," Seungcheol admitted, his eyes sliding closed.

"What did you think it would be like?"

"I thought it'd be more than it is," was all Seungcheol said. Joshua waited to see if Seungcheol would say anything else, but then the shower shut off and he could hear Seungcheol's little snores.

Junghan came out of the bathroom, drops of water still falling from his hair, and climbed into bed. He placed his head on Seungcheol's shoulder. Reaching across Seungcheol, he grabbed one Joshua's hands, intertwining their fingers.

Their hands still fit perfectly together, despite the slight disconnect Joshua had started to feel the last few days.

Junghan gave his hand a squeeze. "Remember how I told you I thought I was falling in love with you?"

Joshua hummed, squeezing Junghan's hand back.

"You told me I was the most precious thing you had in Korea. I want to let you know how much that means to me."

Joshua nodded and felt the prickle of tears forming in his eyes.

"I want you to know how much you mean to me. That I'm --"

"Don't say it," Joshua whispered, hardly loud enough for Junghan to hear.

"Don't say what?"

"That you know you're falling for me."

Junghan cooed. "But it's true."

Joshua took a deep breath and tried to blink away the tears.

 

When he woke up, it was to the smell of fried chicken. He sat up -- he might've been a nutrition student, but it was important to treat yourself sometimes.

Seungcheol and Junghan were sitting at the coffee table, the bucket of chicken between them. Seungcheol had his head thrown back in laughter, so it was Junghan that noticed him. 

"Come eat. You shouldn't be too sore, right?"

Joshua moved carefully before shaking his head. "Couple muscles are a little sore, but it's bearable," he answered as he got up.

Junghan gave him a kiss when he joined them at the table. "I'll still give you that massage I promised."

Seungcheol pouted. "Do I get one, too?"

Junghan chuckled. "I'm the one with the sore arse. I'll give you a massage, too, if you give me one."

Seungcheol nodded, his mouth already full of chicken again.

 

 

============

A/N:

"I'm aiming for weekly updates," I said. Yeah, I'm really bad at aiming -- my hand eye coordination's rubbish.